Hand Picked Spring Tieguanyin (2014)

Oolong Tea
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Sarsonator
200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 8 oz / 236 ml

• “Sample from my recent order. The year wasn't labelled on the package, so I'm categorizing it as this year's for now. It does look and smell fresh, with a distinct floral fragrance. I know Verdant...” Read full tasting note
    yingru 81 tasting notes
  • “Hello, Gorgeous! This is a freshly picked (May 2014) bright green-leafed aromatic wonder. Method: 1 tbsp, 200 degrees, grandpa style Dry Leaf Aroma: Smells *strongly* of honeysuckle and jasmine....” Read full tasting note
    Sarsonator 156 tasting notes

From Verdant Tea

Perfect Spring Tieguanyin is a celebration of all the flowers and smells of the spring- lilac, fresh young grass, warm sunny fields. These aromas confidently unfold on a creamy rich base. The aftertaste lingers like sweet grass and honeysuckle. There is something sensual about this tea in its heady florals and creamy texture. It is nostalgic for young romance, stolen night walks through gardens.

The flavor continues to grow in complexity with key lime pie and lemongrass citrus, and buttery kettle corn. This tea steeps out for hours, yielding a full day or sipping. Enjoy Tieguanyin at the peak of its freshness and see what Anxi and Master Zhang strive for in the craft of tieguanyin oolong tea.

About Verdant Tea View company

Sample from my recent order. The year wasn’t labelled on the package, so I’m categorizing it as this year’s for now. It does look and smell fresh, with a distinct floral fragrance. I know Verdant has described a completely different tea as “mi lan xiang” (Aglaia odorata fragrance), but this one really fits that description as well. I often find this fragrance in other Anxi Tie Guan Yins too.

The tea liquor is pale in color, with a crisp, light taste. The floral notes are very much intact. This is the “greenest” Tie Guan Yin I’ve ever had, and it does go to the head a little bit. A very delicate spring tea that is probably best enjoyed in moderation.

Method: 1 tbsp, 200 degrees, grandpa style

Dry Leaf Aroma: Smells strongly of honeysuckle and jasmine. Wow.

Brewing Aroma: In the brewing tea, the honeysuckle takes center stage. I can detect a lightly spicy note, like black pepper.

Flavor: Honeysuckle. The liquid is very light and lacks thickness. I’m sure there’s a specific tea word to describe that, but I’ll look it up later. I am busy enjoying my tea right now. In any event, the sensation is not unpleasant. The tea is still very hot, but I keep trying to drink it because it’s so good. As it is cooling, the liquid starts to feel a bit thicker.

When I drink a tea like this, I wonder why anyone would bother to scent teas using flowers.

Glad I’m alone right now. I think I may be drooling.

This is a perfect spring tea. Coincidentally, honeysuckle started blooming in my yard recently. I was just thinking that I’d like to make a honeysuckle wine this year. After trying this tea, I am even more inspired to do so. If the wine smells and tastes anything like this tea, it will be a huge hit!

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML