Green Tea Sauvignon

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

• “This is considered Vintage TeaWorks "Fresh and Racy" offering. I've smelled a lot of tea but I've never smelled a tea like this before! It's quite amazing! I smelled very fresh green tea with...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I LOVE love LOVE this tea! OMG! For a couple of years now, I've been on a quest of sorts: to find the best grapefruit flavored tea. It all started after visiting a tea house in Arizona, and...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4624 tasting notes
  • “Oh goodness this is delightful! Thank you *LiberTeas* for sending me a sample of this! I was so happy to find it today in the box you sent me! You know I was wanting to try this and this is one I...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Not typically a green tea fan so I figured I'd bite the bullet and try this one out next. The dry leaf smells a lot like grapefruit which is interesting and made me even a little more nervous to...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes

From Vintage TeaWorks

Inspired by Sauvignon Blanc, we blended natural
 ingredients to create a green tea blend that is medium bodied, with a
burst of fresh grapefruit offering a racy hit of crisp acidity. (2.0oz. / 56.7g – about 20 cups)

About Sauvignon Blanc – Sauvignon Blanc is high acid, medium bodied, white wine that makes a wonderful food pairing wine. Sauvignon Blanc’s aromas and flavors are often compared to fruits like grapefruit, gooseberries and green apples combined with an undertone of a grassy, vegetal nature.

Tea and Food Pairings – Pair our Green Tea Sauvignon with Asian inspired cuisine, cheeses or salads. Try it
 on ice for refreshment anytime.

Ingredients – Green tea, organic grapefruit peel, calendula marigold flower petals, natural flavorings.

About Vintage TeaWorks View company

This is considered Vintage TeaWorks “Fresh and Racy” offering.

I’ve smelled a lot of tea but I’ve never smelled a tea like this before! It’s quite amazing! I smelled very fresh green tea with grapefruit, floral, and apple notes. It is very special. There is a little bit of a ‘dry’ smell to it much like you would find in a drier wine.

Upon my first sip – I was near speechless! THIS DOES TASTE LIKE WINE!!!!!
I’m totally astonished at how much this company MADE their teas to resemble wine! They say are NOT trying to recreate wine just celebrating wine and tea together! I would say their mission was certainly accomplished! WOW!

I have to say the grapefruit flavors are my fave part in this one, tho! Not over the top but very nicely flavored!

I LOVE love LOVE this tea! OMG!

For a couple of years now, I’ve been on a quest of sorts: to find the best grapefruit flavored tea. It all started after visiting a tea house in Arizona, and loving the grapefruit tea that I had there. I even chatted with someone else from Steepster, and he managed to locate the tea supplier of the tea house, and learned that the grapefruit tea that they serve there is the one from Lupicia. I had tried the tea from Lupicia… and somehow, it just didn’t taste the same. I suspect it has something to do with the water composition in Arizona, or something because I am not able to get the grapefruit green tea from Lupicia to taste as good as I remember the green tea was that I enjoyed at that tea house.

But I think I may have found the grapefruit tea! And can you believe that it happens to be a wine-infused green tea with grapefruit peel? This is absolutely MARVELOUS! The grapefruit is prominent, but, it captures the sweet elements of the fruit while the bitter elements of the grapefruit are somehow softened or eliminated … I don’t know. But this is not bitter, this just tastes like sweet grapefruit. With a hint of fruity wine. And sweet, slightly vegetative green tea.

And it tastes wonderful. I love this.

Ooh this sounds interesting. Your posts on the vintage wines have had me intrigued already but this one might be something to really try :)

Kittenna

Someone on here was looking for the perfect grapefruit tea, but I can’t remember who…. maybe Alphakitty??

LiberTEAS

I don’t remember seeing anyone else looking for it… but it has been a quest of mine for the past few years… after visiting Arizona. It’s funny, but I actually found THE tea that the tea house used … the tea that I fell so much in love with, but I don’t know if it’s just the memory of the place or the water quality or any thing else… but, the tea tasted better in AZ than it did when I tried it at home.

But this … THIS tastes like the tea I remember… or at least, it evokes those same wonderful feelings that the tea in Arizona did. And really, that’s what it’s about, I think.

Alphakitty

I was indeed looking for the perfect grapefruit tea! Definitely adding this to the list… probably far ahead of a few other orders I should make soon.

Oh goodness this is delightful! Thank you LiberTeas for sending me a sample of this! I was so happy to find it today in the box you sent me!
You know I was wanting to try this and this is one I did not order. I think you may have said this was your favorite … anyway – it is delicious!
Its very sweet, fruity, yet grassy and even a little buttery at that!
It has a lovely palate cleansing note to it as well!
Full review on SororiTea Sisters on the 12th!
I did get three of the Vintage Tea Works teas ordered but this one will be ordered next month! YUMMY!

Not typically a green tea fan so I figured I’d bite the bullet and try this one out next. The dry leaf smells a lot like grapefruit which is interesting and made me even a little more nervous to see how that flavor might translate into the taste of the tea. However, as the tea steeps it smells more and more like apple! I’m getting excited. I am a white wine fan…I prefer the sweeter whites. So far this smells pretty sweet…

The taste is crisp and tart with a hint of sweet. I’m really getting the grapefruit flavor again and it isn’t bad at all. I also get a little bit of grape too. It isn’t bad, but I don’t think this one is for me. I think I should stick to straight green teas.

This is really, really nice. The wine notes are bold but not overwhelming, and the green tea clearly shines through. There’s a remarkable floral quality to the dry tea that reminds me strongly of grape must. It’s also present in the liquor, but more subtly. A really nice blend.

Sweet with a little bite. I think I prefer this over the Oolong, where the Oolong can be overly sweet sometimes I find this one a little more even-tempered.