Supreme Red Robe

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

From Vital Tea Leaf

Product description not available yet.

About Vital Tea Leaf View company

I haven’t been to Chinatown in ages but I might have to go back soon to get some more of this tea since I’m all out now. Smells like charcoal roasted fruit and tastes very roasty and pleasant with a nice richness on the tongue. Something about this just makes me want to curl up and purr like a cat. I don’t believe I have anymore red robes in my stash and it would be good to have one for the winter time. See previous notes if interested.

JC

I loved this one. I need to get myself some of it.

TeaBrat

It isn’t cheap but it does resteep nicely.

Anna

This sounds really lush!

Thanks to Amy Oh for this one!

Dry Leaf – Sweet and roasty
Wet Leaf – Tobacco, roasty, sweet

I like this Oolong. Thank you again Amy. I’ve had TONS of ‘Red Robe’, 95% of then have been pretty much ‘crap’. I feel this is a good Oolong, I can enjoy. Most Red Robes taste like they had too much low quality Mi Lan Xiang and decided to burn it and call it Red Robe. Very few people know what the real Red Robe tastes like and I’m not one of them, but if I’m going for a different tea I want to find differences, not just almost burnt tea. Sorry for the rant.

The tea is Roasty, smoky and tobacco-like that then turns sweet. The liquid is smooth and warming as it goes down and the after taste is tobacco-like with sweetness that is very pleasant and filling. I like this one after lunch or a dinner.

It is very pleasant and warming. :)

200 °F / 93 °C
TheTeaFairy

Your explanation about crappy red robes made me laugh :-)

JC

:P Just feel like it is completely true. I’ve been to different shops and I see the name and think “Maybe this one will be the one I like”, burnt Mi Lan Xian. I can taste the faint plum of the mi lan xiang trying to escape the burnt taste. Can you relate?

TheTeaFairy

Hahaha, I totaly dig that! Mi Lan Xiang’s Great Escape :-)

DaisyChubb

Yesss I know what you mean about that burnt taste instead of a sweet smoky tobacco. Blargh. Good find though!

TeaBrat

nice, I’m glad you liked it!

Thanks again.

Delicious oolong, very nice mouthfeel. The flavor really develops in later steepings.