Supreme Red Robe

Oolong Tea
Cherry, Plums, Roasted
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

From Vital Tea Leaf

Product description not available yet.

About Vital Tea Leaf View company

It’s super cold and rainy here again and for some reason my apartment is freezing….

I am off to a networking event soon which I don’t really want to go to… i’m freaking tired from not sleeping last night. My plan is to go for a while and bail out early.

Anyway I haven’t had this tea in quite some time. It’s a couple of years old already but I think wuyi oolongs have a fairly long shelf life. This is really good for the chilly weather with the roasty, fruity like flavor. I’m doing shorter steeps in the yixing teapot. Kind of hoping it will revive me soon!

They get better with age. I heard porcelain caddies are really good to preserve yancha

interesting, I had not heard that before

Thanks to Amy Oh for this one!

Dry Leaf – Sweet and roasty
Wet Leaf – Tobacco, roasty, sweet

I like this Oolong. Thank you again Amy. I’ve had TONS of ‘Red Robe’, 95% of then have been pretty much ‘crap’. I feel this is a good Oolong, I can enjoy. Most Red Robes taste like they had too much low quality Mi Lan Xiang and decided to burn it and call it Red Robe. Very few people know what the real Red Robe tastes like and I’m not one of them, but if I’m going for a different tea I want to find differences, not just almost burnt tea. Sorry for the rant.

The tea is Roasty, smoky and tobacco-like that then turns sweet. The liquid is smooth and warming as it goes down and the after taste is tobacco-like with sweetness that is very pleasant and filling. I like this one after lunch or a dinner.

It is very pleasant and warming. :)

200 °F / 93 °C

Your explanation about crappy red robes made me laugh :-)

:P Just feel like it is completely true. I’ve been to different shops and I see the name and think “Maybe this one will be the one I like”, burnt Mi Lan Xian. I can taste the faint plum of the mi lan xiang trying to escape the burnt taste. Can you relate?

Hahaha, I totaly dig that! Mi Lan Xiang’s Great Escape :-)

Yesss I know what you mean about that burnt taste instead of a sweet smoky tobacco. Blargh. Good find though!

nice, I’m glad you liked it!

Thanks again.

Delicious oolong, very nice mouthfeel. The flavor really develops in later steepings.