Lychee Black

Edit tea info Last updated by Nickodemus

• “So sweet and tasty. I took my father tea tasting for his first time, and he ended up purchasing some of this. When I visited him a couple of months later, I "borrowed" some from his cupboard for my...” Read full tasting note
    morvaltur 1597 tasting notes
  • “This one is a trade from *Spencer*. It's a lightly refreshing gently fruity & sweet one, which was nice to sip on while I was practicing. My daughter, who recently moved back in with me (along with...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2479 tasting notes
  • “This is a super sweet black tea! I have a major sweet tooth, so I tried this tea out and was not disappointed. Even over a year later, the tea still brews like the day I bought it. It has a very...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 499 tasting notes
  • “This is my favorite "every day" tea. I find that it's very forgiving to water temperature and sloppy steeping, making it great for work and on-the-go consumption. The sweetness of the lychee is...” Read full tasting note
    nickodemus 4 tasting notes

From Vital Tea Leaf

Naturally sweet, smooth flavor tea…a great anytime drinking tea for those who like their tea sweet without adding sugar. Good for a dessert tea.

Water Temperature: 206 F degrees
Caffeine Content: Medium
Steep Time: 3-5 minutes

About Vital Tea Leaf View company

So sweet and tasty. I took my father tea tasting for his first time, and he ended up purchasing some of this. When I visited him a couple of months later, I “borrowed” some from his cupboard for my own use.

205 °F / 96 °C
TeaBrat

Did you go to one of their San francisco stores?

Spencer

I did. I have been to all three of their SF locations.

TeaBrat

Cool, they are nice people I got a red robe from one of their stores on Grant Street. :)

Spencer

They are quite nice people. Their red robe is quite tasty!

This one is a trade from Spencer. It’s a lightly refreshing gently fruity & sweet one, which was nice to sip on while I was practicing. My daughter, who recently moved back in with me (along with my grandson), woke up, & we ended up visiting for a little while, so my 45 minute practice session ended up starting about 15 minutes late, but I skipped the 15 minute break & played 90 minutes instead. So I’m basically back on track, more or less. My next 45 minute ‘work’ session will be working on my nanowrimo novel, but the truth is, I need a little food first, so that session will probably also last 90 minutes.

This is a super sweet black tea!

It has a very sweet flavor, which I guess comes from the lychee fruit. Lychee kind of tastes like honey.

If you love honey in tea, you’ll love this! Don’t even think about adding any additional sugar or sweetener. It would be overkill.

I suppose this tea would also be good with milk, but I love it straight. I’m also sure it would be perfect iced, but I have yet to try that out either.

It’s the perfect tea for when I’m craving something bad for me (cake, cookies, ice cream, anything sweet that I know I shouldn’t be eating). Instead, I can drink this tea and relax knowing that I’m getting a much healthier sweet fix.

I steep about 1 tsp of leaves for 30-60 seconds in boiling water. It can be resteeped 2-3 times. Only by the third steep does it start to get weak, so I just increase the steeping time a little. I can’t imagine steeping this for 3-5 minutes as suggested (in fact, when I bought it the suggested steeping time was 30-60 seconds). To each his own.

This is my favorite “every day” tea. I find that it’s very forgiving to water temperature and sloppy steeping, making it great for work and on-the-go consumption. The sweetness of the lychee is very subtle but very pleasant. Makes a fantastic iced tea.