Lychee Black

Edit tea info Last updated by Nickodemus

From Vital Tea Leaf

Naturally sweet, smooth flavor tea…a great anytime drinking tea for those who like their tea sweet without adding sugar. Good for a dessert tea.

Water Temperature: 206 F degrees
Caffeine Content: Medium
Steep Time: 3-5 minutes

About Vital Tea Leaf View company

Sitting in the office on a Saturday morning, enjoying sips of this deliciousness, accompanied by the sounds of Mozart.

Terri HarpLady

Sounds as perfect as being at work can get! :)

Spencer

Agreed! There were also fountain pens in use, which made things all the better.

This one is a trade from Spencer. It’s a lightly refreshing gently fruity & sweet one, which was nice to sip on while I was practicing. My daughter, who recently moved back in with me (along with my grandson), woke up, & we ended up visiting for a little while, so my 45 minute practice session ended up starting about 15 minutes late, but I skipped the 15 minute break & played 90 minutes instead. So I’m basically back on track, more or less. My next 45 minute ‘work’ session will be working on my nanowrimo novel, but the truth is, I need a little food first, so that session will probably also last 90 minutes.

This is a super sweet black tea!

I have a major sweet tooth, so I tried this tea out and was not disappointed. Even over a year later, the tea still brews like the day I bought it.

It has a very sweet flavor, which I guess comes from the lychee fruit. Lychee kind of tastes like honey.

If you love honey in tea, you’ll love this! Don’t even think about adding any additional sugar or sweetener. It would be overkill.

I suppose this tea would also be good with milk, but I love it straight. I’m also sure it would be perfect iced, but I have yet to try that out either.

It’s the perfect tea for when I’m craving something bad for me (cake, cookies, ice cream, anything sweet that I know I shouldn’t be eating). Instead, I can drink this tea and relax knowing that I’m getting a much healthier sweet fix.

I steep about 1 tsp of leaves for 30-60 seconds in boiling water. It can be resteeped 2-3 times. Only by the third steep does it start to get weak, so I just increase the steeping time a little. I can’t imagine steeping this for 3-5 minutes as suggested (in fact, when I bought it the suggested steeping time was 30-60 seconds). To each his own.

This is my favorite “every day” tea. I find that it’s very forgiving to water temperature and sloppy steeping, making it great for work and on-the-go consumption. The sweetness of the lychee is very subtle but very pleasant. Makes a fantastic iced tea.