Jiu Jiu Jiu Guan Yin (Tie Guan Yin)

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Wan Ling Tea House 婉玲茶苑

From Wan Ling Tea House

Tie Guan Yin, ‘999’ Guan Yin is a play on the Chinese for nine and also long (period of time). This high grade AnXi Tie Guan Yin tea is specially selected for its wonderfully long lasting aroma. Flavours linger in your mouth and fill your senses with well being and an invigorating lift. Our 999 Guan Yin tea produces a pale liquor and the leaves can be infused up to 8-10 times using gong fu style preparation.

Ideal for those who like green teas but also those who prefer a fuller bodied tea, whilst still being refreshing. A superb, high grade all-round tea. Ideal at any time of the day.

About Wan Ling Tea House View company

Today has been officially declared as Oolong Day in my house due to recent tea cravings for something mineral yet sweet. Since my husband has two weeks off we decided to do an ‘all nighter’ last night and we stayed up until 9am when we decided to have a nap for a couple of hours. We have been having a marathon gaming session of The Last Remnant and Oolong goes so well with it.

This Jiu Jiu Jiu is as delicious as I remember. Very sweet and floral but dry and light. A lovely combination for any Oolong.

This smells like dark leafy greens and marigolds! WOW! Intense Aroma! Impressive!

Upon first sip…

Ohhhh! Incredibly clean – squeaky! Certainly a greenish-oolong! Near Buttery! Sweet! It’s like a cross between a Red Bell Pepper kind of sweet and a sweet corn sweet.

The lovely smooth-sweet combo lingers…so pure…so warming and friendly.

DaisyChubb

Love the name of this one! Sounds delicious too

the good people of Wan Ling were nice enough to provide me with this sample when I ordered my first tea tray and tea pet :)))))

first steep is very sweet, a little acidic and some notes of pear, lovely typical florals, a bit of a soapiness, quite a creamy texture,
there’s quite a nice character, an aroma that reminds me of cucumber water, almost citruisy, definitely some kind of nuttiness that i can’t place, maybe cashews?

It’s nicer now that it’s opened up, the soapiness is smoothed out, just smooth greens, milkiness, floral, citrus, cooked carrots, sweet and delicious florals, my gaiwan is beyond overflowing with this and there’s no bitterness. A bit of excessive dryness, but no bitter. there’s like apricot and peach too, it’s so thick and delicious and the flavour just deepens with each successive steep, I really enjoyed this for a few steeps in the middle there.

It’s become very.. blatant in its floral notes, which I personally dont like, I prefer more creamy or nutty or vegetal notes in my green oolongs, but I mean I guess its TGY so what else should I expect I guess?

Anyways it’s pretty solid tgy, everything you could ask for, and nothing more. It’s not for me so much, but I know there’s a lot of you floral people would definitely love this.