Wanja Purple Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Wanja Tea of Kenya

From Wanja Tea of Kenya

Wanja Purple Tea of Kenya is a very rare tea that is sourced directly from small scale farmers. It has sweet woodsy notes with a pleasant lingering astringency. The new purple variety has higher medicinal properties than green and black tea and its seeds produce oil suitable for cooking, cosmetics and the pharmaceutical industries.

About Wanja Tea of Kenya View company

I’ve never had a purple tea before, but this served as a pleasant introduction to them. Like other reviewers have noted, there is a bit of an earthiness to it, along with a slightly bitter aftertaste which doesn’t seem to resemble other bitter aftertastes I’ve experienced with other teas.

I’m pretty groggy at the moment, since I only recently got off a 12 hour night shift for the campus EMS program, so I’ll probably add more to this note later when I try this when I’m more awake.

I was very satisfied with this tea and would gladly take it over your average Darjeeling or Assam. The purple tea was decidedly less malty than most of the dark teas that I’ve encountered. At the forefront, the tea is incredibly smooth and tasty. That’s followed by a pleasantly bitter aftertaste that was very different from your average black tea. The buzz wasn’t too shabby either. ;) I highly recommend this tea. * HEY TEA PEOPLE!!! WHY NOT GIVE THEM A FOLLOW ON TWITTER? @WanjaTeaofKenya LOOKS LIKE THEY NEED SOME FRIENDS! :) *