Organic Silver Needle White Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Jude

From Wegmans

Origin: China

About Wegmans View company

Just finishing up a cup before sending the rest off to my SororiTEA Sista, Anne!

Pretty much all silver needle teas that I’ve drank have a hay-like scent and flavour profile and this tea isn’t an exception. However, I’m not getting the sweet-hay flavour as strongly as I’ve tasted it in other teas – like LeafSpa’s Silver Needle. This tea is calmer and mellower and content to tickle the taste buds with the flavour rather than hit them with a sledge hammer. The tea has a really smooth body and the flavour tappers off into something that’s almost buttery in nature.

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this tea.

A nice silver needle – grassy with overtures of hay-like flavor and a very pleasant sweetness. Very good, a relaxing tea to calm the nerves!

This is my first silver needle, and it’s a standout among teas… maybe simply because it’s silver needle or maybe just this particular silver needle is this good, don’t know yet… but now that I’m in the door, I’m going to solve this mini-mystery. It is light, refreshing and sweet in the most natural, unassuming way. It tastes like a more sophisticated version of Juicy Fruit gum. Fragrance is a heavenly soft floral.

The tea was very faintly colored, and the scent/taste was delicate as well. I didn’t dislike it, but I don’t think it’s something I would drink on the regular.