Lemon Black

Lemongrass
Edit tea info Last updated by Kiaharii
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “Another cold brew! Although this is my first time logging this tea I've tried it at least two other times. I wasn't impressed with it because the lemon has a bitter taste. There’s supposed to be...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 882 tasting notes
  • “This used to be my _first-thing-in-the-morning_ brew before my cupboard got completely out of hand and I started switching things up everyday. It's a beautiful mix of assam, lemongrass and some...” Read full tasting note
    cookies 143 tasting notes

From Wegmans

Product description not available yet.

About Wegmans View company

Another cold brew! Although this is my first time logging this tea I’ve tried it at least two other times. I wasn’t impressed with it because the lemon has a bitter taste. There’s supposed to be lemon peel in the tea, but it taste more like the pith. Fortunately, cold brewing resolved the bitterness issue, and I was left with a nice cold glass of lemony tea. I went form thinking I would never buy this tea again to adding it to my grocery shopping list. This is a great summertime tea!

gmathis

It’s a treat to find a cheapie grocery store tea that’s worth a repeat.

Veronica

It really is! Everyone in my house drinks iced or cold brewed tea all summer, so it’s nice to have a few teas that taste decadent but won’t kill my budget. :)

This used to be my first-thing-in-the-morning brew before my cupboard got completely out of hand and I started switching things up everyday. It’s a beautiful mix of assam, lemongrass and some lemon peel. I would think Ceylon would be the best choice for lemon and lemongrass, but the Assam works surprisingly well. It’s wonderfully refreshing with the lemon grass and quite sweet as well. It’s a perfect start to the morning when many other teas may seem too harsh.
It does get bitter if brewed too long, so I make sure to only brew 3 minutes.
This also makes a really lovely iced tea, especially with a heavy squeeze of orange. Yum.

I’m not sure who the supplier of this one is. I can’t find anything similar at Ito-En, Rishi or Republic of Teas who all supply Wegman’s loose leaf teas. So…?

Flavors: Lemongrass