Wuyi Oolong

Oolong Tea
Burnt Sugar, Smoke, Wet Rocks, Grain, Mineral, Roast nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “This tea is okay. I think that for the price , it is a pretty good tea. The first steep is fruity, sweet and just a great tea to start the morning off with. I even put it in a latte cup and frothed...” Read full tasting note
    LissaMarie 190 tasting notes
  • “Still getting used to this, my first WuYi. Smokey and dry. I inquired with Wegman’s HQ and they confirmed that this is Rishi. Wegman’s doesn’t identify the producer on its bulk...” Read full tasting note
    Jude 132 tasting notes
  • “I bought this only to season up my roasted oolong yixing. This is a very basic tea. I do not find it horrible, but it doesn’t stand out in anyway. The tea leaves are large but very flaky....” Read full tasting note
    Haveteawilltravel 251 tasting notes
  • “Mmm, nutty nutty nutty. This tastes like I imagine peanuts must taste (I’ve never had one so I’m probably completely off) nutty with a roasted base and tiny touch of sweetness. ...” Read full tasting note
    cookies 205 tasting notes

From Wegmans

Product description not available yet.

About Wegmans View company

This tea is okay. I think that for the price , it is a pretty good tea. The first steep is fruity, sweet and just a great tea to start the morning off with. I even put it in a latte cup and frothed some milk to put on top ;]

Still getting used to this, my first WuYi. Smokey and dry. I inquired with Wegman’s HQ and they confirmed that this is Rishi. Wegman’s doesn’t identify the producer on its bulk tea labels, but most of their teas are Ito En, also Rishi and Republic of Tea.

TeaEqualsBliss

I LOVE Wegmans!!!!

I bought this only to season up my roasted oolong yixing. This is a very basic tea. I do not find it horrible, but it doesn’t stand out in anyway. The tea leaves are large but very flaky. They vary from a smoky black to deep crimson. The flavor is somewhat bland. It has a smooth smoke taste with a slight dark fruit tone. The wet leaves have a burnt sugar and slight charcoal scent. I picked this up for a great price, and I will still probably buy this again. This could serve as nice “everyday oolong” if there is such a thing.

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Smoke, Wet Rocks

Boiling 1 min, 15 sec 9 g 250 OZ / 7393 ML

Mmm, nutty nutty nutty. This tastes like I imagine peanuts must taste (I’ve never had one so I’m probably completely off) nutty with a roasted base and tiny touch of sweetness. Similar to the sunflower butter I enjoy eating right out of the jar. This brews beautifully Western and Gong Fu. And you can re-steep for ages. This is unquestionably one of my pantry staples. You also get a much better price buying in bulk at Wegman’s than directly from Rishi.

Flavors: Grain, Mineral, Roast nuts

hippiechick 42

Never had a peanut?

cookies

Ha, no I’m allergic!

hippiechick 42

Oh ok, I understand :)

Lovely liquor, scent, taste—this tea is perfect. I can drink it with or without milk, with or without sweetener—I prefer actually plain. It’s that good. Followed the recommended steeping time—perfection.

I was somewhat excited to see that my local Wegman’s had more many more oolongs than last time I went. I had some moderate success with my previous teas there and as a lover of oolongs decided to try out their Wuyi oolong. I brewed this gungfu style. I would like to note that this tea was extremely inexpensive. The flavor of the tea was dry and somewhat earthy, not exactly what I was expecting. It was nothing phenomenal, but not bad. There was very little mouthfeel. I brewed this 4 times before I stopped. I probably could have gotten more steeps out of it, but I was not inspired to continue. This may brew well western style. This is by no means a bad tea, especially for its price. I may use this as a daily drinker, or if I ever get into the habit, one that I drink in the morning.

My first oolong, it has a really distinctive nutty taste that is quite pleasant. However, more than a few sips and I start to grow bored of the flavor. I think this would be a fine base for blending.