Sencha/Matcha

Green Matcha Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Beka Witha K

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I was quite surprised by this tea! I wasn't expecting much for a Wegman's brand loose leaf that involved matcha, but this is one I always keep stocked on my shelf along with some more top shelf...” Read full tasting note
    bekawithak 23 tasting notes

From Wegmans

Product description not available yet.

About Wegmans View company

1 Tasting Note

I was quite surprised by this tea! I wasn’t expecting much for a Wegman’s brand loose leaf that involved matcha, but this is one I always keep stocked on my shelf along with some more top shelf teas.

Any time I remove the lid, I HAVE to take a big whiff. The smell is quite deep and creamy, and not at all ‘dry’, with lots of vegetal fragrance to go along. While it’s not a ‘true’ match experience, I absolutely love having the powder mixed in. The result is a wonderful ‘any time of day’ tea that has the lovely grassy taste that just barely comes in second to the creamy, substantial matcha.

I had some genmaimatcha from Wegman’s also laying around, and tried experimenting with blending the two – with fantastic results! So, admittedly, my jar of Sencha/Matcha has been combined with its rice-inclusive sibling. Overall, just great for the price!