Enigmatic Gifted Dragonwell

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by MJ

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is less of a tasting note and more of a CAPTAIN'S LOG, because i am venturing boldly into this variety of Dragonwell with no idea how to make it because I can't read Chinese. Without further...” Read full tasting note
    karykeion 52 tasting notes

From Welp It's A Mystery

Given to me at Thanksgiving by a couple cleaning out their tea stash. I will learn its secrets.

Edit: It’s Dragonwell, I recognized the hanzi on the package.

About Welp It's A Mystery View company

1 Tasting Note

This is less of a tasting note and more of a CAPTAIN’S LOG, because i am venturing boldly into this variety of Dragonwell with no idea how to make it because I can’t read Chinese. Without further ado…

Attempt #1 (11/29/11) – 180F, 4 minutes.
Hahaha oh my god, this tea is a ride. First thing that happens when I take a sip is HOLY SHIT FLOWERS IN MY NOSTRILS. Then a weird, sort of musty-sweet flavor that turns into this delicate astringency at the back of my tongue. This stays for about two seconds and then everything turns into a slightly louder version of That Clean Chinese Green Taste. I am…I mean, it’s good, but I’m more distracted by how it manages to taste like four things.