Georgia MANNA Green Tea

Grass, Grass Seed, Smooth, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by Martin Bednář

43 Images

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I have completely no idea what is this tea. I just know I have received it (order on my address) from White Antlers. So thank you a lot, hopefully Alistair pop in here and tell us bit more, as it...” Read full tasting note

From What-Cha

Product description not available yet.

About What-Cha View company

1 Tasting Note

I have completely no idea what is this tea. I just know I have received it (order on my address) from White Antlers. So thank you a lot, hopefully Alistair pop in here and tell us bit more, as it is not available on What-cha website at all!

So, moreover it doesn’t have even the typical white label that all What-cha teas have! It is handwritten, saying name of the tea and vintage 2019.

I took water when first bubbles started to appear. That is my rule of thumb while making temperature sensitive teas, as it is usually green teas.

I took 5 grams for my 300-400 ml mug. Bit untypical set-up but perfect for cold (around 16°C) morning. Steeped for 3 minutes which wasn’t too much but it was quite exact for perfect cup.

The tea was somehow simple in flavour, grassy/grass seed, vegetal, overall indeed typical cheap green tea without any off notes. Hints of astringency. But the palate was amazingly smooth, little bit bitter (but I think I have over-leafed & maybe too long steep). Certainly a nice tea, which I will gongfu for sure, as leaves are big and wonderful! Preparing it western, even in a big tea bag instead of strainer, is bit contempt.

Flavors: Grass, Grass Seed, Smooth, Vegetal

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 5 g 10 OZ / 300 ML
White Antlers

Hey Martin. I think that was one of the ‘mystery’ teas I asked Alistair to include the in order. Since I don’t even drink green tea (yuck), there is no way of me offering any guidance about it. Sometimes his mystery teas are ‘one offs’ or things so low in stock they are no longer on his website. Glad it was drinkable. : )

Martin Bednář

Sometimes it is on website, but it says “out of stock”. Not this time!

What-Cha

Hi Martin, just saw your post. When I placed an order with MANNA for their black teas, they sent me some quite generous sized samples of other teas. The green was one of them and after trying it, I had enough left over for two mystery teas!

Martin Bednář

Ah, not a big stash of tea, but still lots of to share! Wonderful I was lucky to get it :) I have different black tea from Georgia (Guria Likhauri) and well, they know how to make tea there! Thank you for clarifying it to me (and maybe others as well? :) )