Whisper of the Woods

Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

2 Images

• “I'm totally channeling my INNER-HIPPIE here. LOVE IT! This smells amazingly tranquil. Just enough floral and mint hints to make you wonder...a lovely green tea and herbal combo. Not to...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “There is, for those of you who have more decorum than I and thus are unaware, such a thing as the "I Got New Tea Today" dance. It may not be pretty, but it does exist. I would know, I just did it....” Read full tasting note
    LondoMollari 41 tasting notes
  • “Had to get a sample of this one because I loved the name and the ingredients sounded good. I've been waiting to try it and now seemed like a good time, having just returned from a forest. It was a...” Read full tasting note
    CupofTree 51 tasting notes
  • “Well, I must say I have been quite impressed with the selections from Whispering Pines Tea Company! Everything I've had so far has been quite enjoyable. This tea is no exception. It is delightfully...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1011 tasting notes

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Upgraded November 2013

A calming jasmine mint green tea blend

The most beautifully soothing mint green tea. Imagine a crisp beautiful sunrise in a densely wooded pine-oak forest with sheets of trilliums and wild currant berries. You wake up, step out of your tent and breathe the last sliver of fog before the shattered sunlight wisps it away. Whisper of the Woods is an ideal green tea reminiscent of that crisp and floral serenity with just the perfect amount of heart-warming energy to induce prana and exploration. Enjoy. ~

Leaf Amount ::: 1 teaspoon per 8oz water
Water temp ::: 180ºF / 82ºC
1st infusion ::: 1 minute and 30 seconds
2nd infusion ::: 2 minutes and 15 seconds
3rd infusion ::: 3 minutes
4th infusion ::: 4 minutes

Ingredients: A luscious blend of organic jasmine green tea, organic peppermint and spearmint

Caffeine Content: Low

Price is per ounce

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

I’m totally channeling my INNER-HIPPIE here. LOVE IT!

This smells amazingly tranquil. Just enough floral and mint hints to make you wonder…a lovely green tea and herbal combo. Not to mention the Gunpowder touches thru-out.

This is terrifically done in every way. A very pleasant surprise.

I really needed something to help me chill-out/nerve-wise and this is helping quite a bit but still helping me keep that more positive momentum to get thru today’s deadlines.

Yes! Hippie Haven…peace out, man.

Bonnie

So funny! Watch how you bag it!
At the oolong class in Boulder, there was one that when I smelled the smelling cup, I blurted out (who me) to the people at the table “POT” and everyone said “Yes!”…so funny…I said “Well, I was alive in the 60’s.” But thankfully the scent morphed into a beautiful sweet pipe tobacco scent. We drank 5 tea’s with 3-4 steeps of each in 1.5 hrs. Swoosh!

Tawny Kira

This sounds delightful! My husband always tells me I was born in the wrong era & he may be right this sounds right up my alley :P

There is, for those of you who have more decorum than I and thus are unaware, such a thing as the “I Got New Tea Today” dance. It may not be pretty, but it does exist. I would know, I just did it. Then I got down to business and sorted out what tea to try first.

This tea sample was one of the ones I scored in a ‘bunch of awesomeness’ sale from Brenden. For the record, he is great to order from, even when you do it all wrong. :)

This is yoga disguised as tea. I love it. It feels brisk and cooling from the mint, and it certainly has a sharpness to the smell because of it, but it is the best mint blend I have ever tried. Both mint and jasmine are flavors (and smells for that matter) that I adore in theory but get very sick of most of the time in practice. Two steeps in, it is staying wonderful, and just as intriguing as the description. In fact, the smell now reminds me of a wild mint patch I accidentally crushed once… Ah, some memories are not fit for public consumption!

Ahem. The jasmine smoothes the mint in both smell and taste and allows the tea to be a conversation, not an assault. Neither the spearmint or the peppermint ever quite takes over, and there is just perfectly enough jasmine to have a floral grace to the scent and a very unassuming sweetness throughout the cup. This is what I wanted peppermint green tea to be when I first tried it as a kid, mixed with what jasmine tea just plain ol’ lies and pretends to be when it is trying to trick you into sipping perfume. Wow. This is an excellent blend.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Wow, that was an awesome review! I love your comparison to yoga, too! :) I usually choose to drink this one when I do yoga, in fact! Glad you enjoyed it, look forward to reading your notes on the rest of the teas! :)

Londo Mollari

Thanks, I am gonna have to try all of these soon since I already know I need this one in my regular rotation I just need to figure out which others to order with it! Plus, I just saw the suggestion to try it iced with a touch of honey and now I REALLY want to try that too. I am way excited to try the others. I was really despondent looking in my tea drawer at work today. Now I have an epic amount of lemon ginger mate to fill the void. You Are Awesome. Oh, and you make great teas. :)

Whispering Pines Tea Company

:D Thanks so much! And the lemon ginger maté will definitely not be a letdown!

ashmanra

Ah, all I can think of now is…“forgiveness is the scent of the mint that clings to the…” Well, I guess we shouldn’t go there….LOL!

Bonnie

I do the dance too!

Had to get a sample of this one because I loved the name and the ingredients sounded good. I’ve been waiting to try it and now seemed like a good time, having just returned from a forest. It was a very small forest, as it was in a park, but it was awesome and is the only one I can get to from where I live. I am just waiting for the day until I live near the real forests…

As for the tea, it tastes quite floral. It’s almost overpowering the mint but I do taste the mint. It’s actually one of the best green teas with mint that I’ve had lately, and it reminds me of my favorite iced green tea from Tazo. This would probably be good iced as well. Maybe even with a little honey. It was definitely a relaxing cup of tea.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

I really enjoy this tea iced, and it does take well to honey!

Well, I must say I have been quite impressed with the selections from Whispering Pines Tea Company! Everything I’ve had so far has been quite enjoyable. This tea is no exception. It is delightfully minty (but luckily a non-toothpaste mint) with just a hint of jasmine. I’m not noticing the green tea base much but it adds a bit of heft that this blend wouldn’t have if it was an herbal. This is a great way to end my day and prepare for another work week.

Kasumi no Chajin

Looking forward to trying this! need to find a good loose leaf mint blend

Phew, first day of work is over! I needed something refreshing and relaxing tonight, as it hit 30 degrees C here today! In May! What is up weather haha!

Dry, this smells very minty, I was wondering which of the teas was the minty one and this is it. Mmm it’s a nice refreshing scent. I steeped for a min and a half with approx. 180 degree water. The steeped smell is also minty, reminding me a bit of Della Terra’s Jasmint actually.

The taste is perfect for tonight! The green and jasmine is perfect, not overpowering or cloying at all! The mint is refreshing and compliments the rest of the flavors wonderfully. I prefer this much more than Jasmint, though both are jasmine and mint blends. This one doesn’t have that grassy taste, it has a more mellow, clean green tea flavor than grassy.

Overall, this is a very tasty blend. I will hopefully have time for another infusion tonight, as this is hitting the spot and also fits the nice rain clouds that have shown up and will hopefully open up a bit to cool it down here. I am quite enjoying trying the Whispering Pines teas, so far they are all very refreshing and lovely! Oh, and they also have very nice names haha, that is part of the reason I had to order this one :D

This is a really nice blend that offers the calming impact (for me a sophoric)of Jasmine with the cleansing and refreshing impact of mint blended so both are muted to create something that is deeper and sweeter and fresher, over a creamy slightly smoky sweet green tea with hints of spinach which creates a nice mouth feel and adds depth. The tea has a really nice body and the flavours blend nicely. The second steep still has a nice creamy body with the jasmine a little more prominent but the flavours still compliment and blend nicely. The scent of the dry tea at first reminds me a little bit of graveyard blend which is ironic as their is no licorice root either in the blend or the flavour. Their is a mix of green teas including some with really beautiful long twisted blades and the tea brews to a light saffron colour. I’m off to enjoy a third steeping.

I bought a sample of this from the website because I love minty green teas, but I didn’t expect what I got! The base of this tea appears to be a mix of jasmine green (very dark green, too) and gunpowder. Lucky for me, I love jasmine, too! I steeped this for 2 minutes and 30 seconds as suggested and…WOW! This is THE PERFECT minty green tea! I had expected the mint to completely cover up the jasmine flavor but it blended perfectly! I’ve got some chilling in the fridge tonight, hope it’s this good cold, too! :D

Sipdown!
I normally don’t like jasmine in my tea, but the mint really helps balance out the floral aspect. Very calming.