Eskimo Kiss - DISCONTINUED

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

• “After today I won't be around for a while - I will be out of town - my Aunt passed away last night and we will be driving 13 hours to be with the rest of the fam. The white tea and Oolong...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I find myself unsure about this tea. My first few sips ... were a bit disappointing ... so much so that I stopped drinking it and focused my attention on other things ... and when I returned to...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “Okay, so the owner completely changed this blend...I emailed him about it and he said it was a 2-month project that he created for his girlfriend so he could send her a kiss in the mail, and that...” Read full tasting note
    mepsteen 7 tasting notes

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

DISCONTINUED

Created for my special someone, this blend of white and o’olong teas with floral additions make this tea one of the most unique blends offered! Built to be steeped as a white tea, the o’olong compliments the white without overpowering it, along with heavier tones and peppery hints that flow beautifully with rose hips and safflower. A great medium-bodied iced tea!

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

After today I won’t be around for a while – I will be out of town – my Aunt passed away last night and we will be driving 13 hours to be with the rest of the fam.

The white tea and Oolong blended together in this one are right where they need to be…I can taste both but neither are too overpowering for the other. It’s sweet and juicy by itself but with the addition of just a little bit of those rosehips it kicks it up a notch to ‘perfect’.

I can pick up some random pine-like flavors here and there but more importantly some nice semi-stronger floral notes. It’s a sweeter-type floral and not a soapy or perfumy-type floral. There are also some peppery notes…but more of a white pepper-type (the mellowest peppercorn that I know of, anyways!)

This is YET another creative blend and I’m so glad I got to try this!

Eskimo Kisses to my Aunt and RIP.

So sorry to hear about your aunt passing away. We’ll keep your tea spot warm until you get back.

Azzrian

Blessings to you and your family and prayers for her soul progression. Take all the time you need!

TeaBrat

I’m sorry to hear about your aunt, take care of yourself during this time!

Uniquity

So sorry to hear about your aunt. I hope that you and your family can find comfort in each other at this time. : (

Skulleigh

My condolences on the loss of your aunt.

Helena

that’s sad about your Aunt, we’ll miss you :)

TeaEqualsBliss

Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts!

Hesper June

My thoughts are with you and your family during this time.

Tawny Kira

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. May she rest in peace.

DaisyChubb

Thinking of you <3

Veronica

I’m sorry to hear about your aunt. Hope you have a safe trip.

Scott B

Very sorry to hear about this. Take care.

KeenTeaThyme

Sorry about your aunt. You and your family are in my prayers.

Lynne-tea

I am so sorry about your Aunt. The best of wishes for you and your family.

ashmanra

So sorry. Safe travels.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Sorry to hear…drive safe and enjoy the time with your family. Cheers, Brenden.

Nicole

Condolences to you and your family. Stay safe.

Indigobloom

So sorry to hear that hugs
Drive safely!

Jillian

*hugs *

Rabs

You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Tea Sipper

I’m so sorry to hear about your aunt! My thoughts will be with you and the rest of your family.

I find myself unsure about this tea. My first few sips … were a bit disappointing … so much so that I stopped drinking it and focused my attention on other things … and when I returned to the cup, the liquid was cold. This is infinitely better cold!

I like the peppery notes … it’s a little bit spicy which contrasts with the sweet notes of the white and Oolong teas. There’s a fruity background and I like the way the peppery notes meld with those as well. I’m not usually a huge fan of rose hips, but, I’m actually kind of enjoying how they contribute to this cup.

Overall, a very interesting tea … I don’t know that it is one that I’d want to drink often, but, I’m glad I got to try it, and it is one that I’d definitely consider having on hand when the warmer weather arrives and I want a refreshing iced tea.

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this to try!

Azzrian

Sounds interesting !

Okay, so the owner completely changed this blend…I emailed him about it and he said it was a 2-month project that he created for his girlfriend so he could send her a kiss in the mail, and that the old blend didn’t do her justice so he held off and recreated the blend. He said he just shipped it off to her the beginning of this week. DAWWWWH (EDIT: I put a heart here and it made my review invisible. how strange o.O)

So I loved the old one…think I rated it a 93 and he assured me that this was a 100…of course I didn’t doubt him…maybe even more likable since he generously sent me a free sample :D

Okay…so the dry leaf smells really interesting. Fresh, floral, and peppery.

Immediately after I began steeping it, it smelled somewhat strange…dunno…over the first minute it was almost pulsing a peppery aroma with a fresh aroma…changing every inhale. It began to stabilize aroma around minute 2…where the white tea and o’olong were in sync with a pulsating sweet/floral aroma. Really interesting 3 minutes for me. Haha.

I wasn’t sure how white and oolong would mix…I’d imagine oolong would take over pretty easily…but nope! This is more of an oolong flavored white tea…REALLY fun!

Wow…first sip: The white tea is there in the foreground and the oolong is DEFINITELY there — you can totally taste them individually. I love that! light and floral AND heavy and peppery are equally distinguishable! It has a sweetness, too – I suppose from the rose hips and safflower (perfect ratios of those, too!). Wow…just…wow. I will be making a VERY large order of this soon. One of the most unique tea experiences I’ve ever had – and I assume it’d be fantastic over ice too!

The flavors are much more distinguishable as it cools, and I thoroughly LOVE the peppery notes!

Definitely my favorite tea from Whispering Pines Tea Company so far!

mepsteen

WHAT?! Grrr…the middle of my review is gone!

Therrrre we go! Apparently ’ makes reviews crumble? haha

mepsteen

^apparently I can’t write a heart there either. hahaha

WHERE IS THE LOVE?! :P

TeaEqualsBliss

Oooooooooo! I hope to try this one down the road :)

I hope EVERYONE gets to! :) Any idea why I can’t put hearts on here? lol

TeaEqualsBliss

I’m not sure…I don’t think I have ever tried…hum…