Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Oh-so-slightly scented fruit and mint. Nice. The color after infusing is that of a rooibos. The Elderberries, Hibiscus, Mint, and Rooibos work REALLY well together, here. So-much-so that is...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I was actually a little surprised at how much I enjoyed this given that there is hibiscus in it ... I'm not a fan of the hibiscus. But, it's done lightly enough so that it doesn't...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4303 tasting notes
  • “I'm drinking this iced...just because I felt like it would be better iced :D Well...the smell of the dry leaf is pretty much godly. You can definitely smell the spearmint and hibiscus -...” Read full tasting note
    mepsteen 7 tasting notes
  • “At the first couple of sips, I was ho-hum about this tea, but by the time I got to the end of the cup, I was loving it. The spearmint comes through on a nice subtle level and mixes well with the...” Read full tasting note
    MelissaTea 35 tasting notes

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Sweet notes of mint and tart hibiscus with just the perfect elderberry twist flow smooth as water through the rooibos base – It’s like a cup of serenity pulled straight out of the deep northern forests!

The Perfect Cup: 8 oz of 212ºF filtered water, 1 heaping teaspoon (1/2 tablespoon) of tea, steeped for 5 minutes. Great iced!

Ingredients: Organic red rooibos, hibiscus, spearmint, elderberries

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Oh-so-slightly scented fruit and mint. Nice.

The color after infusing is that of a rooibos.

The Elderberries, Hibiscus, Mint, and Rooibos work REALLY well together, here. So-much-so that is creates a unique flavor of its own and one ingredient does NOT over power the others…you can’t really pick-out the individual ingredients and in this offering I LOVE THAT about it!

It’s sweet, fruity, juicing, somewhat wine-like, even.

Ya know what? I actually like this one EVEN BETTER ICED :)
YAY!

Ysaurella

what a lovely tea name ! Ancient Forest…I am sure we feel relaxed after drinking it.

K S

Mark this day. TeaEqualsBliss liked a blend with Hibiscus!

TeaEqualsBliss

LOL @ K S – Fo Sho!!!!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Glad you liked it! Haha, checking into steepster from Beijing…new products, wooot! Got some incredible puerh tou cha’s on the way to the shop! :D

Backlog:

I was actually a little surprised at how much I enjoyed this given that there is hibiscus in it … I’m not a fan of the hibiscus. But, it’s done lightly enough so that it doesn’t overpower the cup, and actually it accentuates the elderberries in a really favorable way.

Not bad, everything is nicely balanced. This tisane has a lot going “against” it for me … given that it’s not only a rooibos blend but also a hibiscus blend … but I still quite enjoyed it given all these components … I expected I’d hate it. But I didn’t. So, Kudos to Whispering Pines! Well Done!

Here’s my full-length review of it: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/04/20/ancient-forest-rooibos-blend-from-whispering-pines-tea-co/

I’m drinking this iced…just because I felt like it would be better iced :D

Well…the smell of the dry leaf is pretty much godly. You can definitely smell the spearmint and hibiscus – yummy!

Upon tasting it, I’d say that the hibiscus comes through more…but I feel like the opposite would be true if it was hot. There’s definitely a minty aftertaste and the elderberry’s are a LOVELY touch to the overall body of this blend.

I’d TOTALLY recommend this to anyone that likes hibiscus, and will be trying it again tonight before bed :)

TeaEqualsBliss

This sounds awesome, too!!!

At the first couple of sips, I was ho-hum about this tea, but by the time I got to the end of the cup, I was loving it. The spearmint comes through on a nice subtle level and mixes well with the rooibos, hibiscus, and elderberries. I found a longer steeping time (7 1/2 minutes) better than 5 min.
Would I purchase this again? I would say . . . 50/50.