Chai Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by momo

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I need more caffeine if I'm going to make it until ten, though I think at this point I have already surrendered to not caring and going back to sleep before then, depending on how it goes. Mate...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Spice perfection hand blended with fresh yerba maté and delicately dashed with freshly toasted coconut flakes, this invigorating blend will quickly become a favorite!

The Perfect Cup:
8 oz of 200ºF (just under boiling) filtered water
1 teaspoon of tea
Steeped for 5 minutes.

Ingredients: Yerba maté leaf, organic coconut flakes (toasted), organic cinnamon, organic cardamom, organic cloves, organic fennel, organic orange peel, organic ginger, organic licorice and organic black pepper.

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

I need more caffeine if I’m going to make it until ten, though I think at this point I have already surrendered to not caring and going back to sleep before then, depending on how it goes. Mate time!

Steeped up in a 50/50 combination of milk and water on the stove for 5 minutes, this one seems spicier than the black tea variety.

This one doesn’t work as well with this preparation because it is much more subtle. Though if you’re not a fan of the taste of mate or you’re like me and need something to make the spices more subtle, this still works. The coconut is a bit more subtle too, not becoming super creamy like the toasted coconut chai.

Still tasty though. I’m usually not much of a ginger fan, but it’s very good in this.