Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

2 Images

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Upgraded November 2013

Springtime in the North is beautiful. Soft morning rains fill up the Michigan rivers and you can watch the pine needles swirling around in the gentle current, listen to the migrant black-throated green warbler’s and smell the riverside wildflowers. There is a warm and pure serenity along the most remote riverbends that could create a naturalist out of a construction worker and a little piece of perfection can be found in every misty morning raindrop on the tip of your tongue.

Sweet, wild, and pure – River Rain green tea brews an incredibly sweet light cup of tea, complete with a smooth vegetal body – slightly nutty with the lightest touch of jasmine.

Every sip is worth 1000 perfect springtime raindrops.

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

This really truly tastes like rain, or “less salty ocean” for those of you like me who have forgotten what rain looks like and have no rivers nearby. After being corrected, yes, rain, I remember this feel.

You know how it smells when it’s just rained in a grassy area? That’s how this tastes. It’s really not grassy overall, there’s just hints of it. And the jasmine notes give it this freshness that I can’t even put into words. This is how I imagine, without any weird chemicals and the like in the air, collected rainwater that you immediately drank would taste.

It’s a very light cup, but even with just a minute it is bursting with flavor despite its physical appearance.

Second steep, +15 seconds: it’s still a very strong flavor, just like the first cup! I’d say though the one major difference is the jasmine is a lot less floral. But seriously it’s like it was never even steeped in the first place, that’s how bright the same notes are.

I can’t wait to try this one out in my gaiwan. And also have a third steep preferably much later on today, too full of tea already haha.

Babble

Ooh.. I got this one and this note has made me excited to try it out :)

LiberTEAS

I LOVE the name of this tea. I would end up putting it in my shopping cart based on name alone.

momo

@LiberTEAS – that’s pretty much why I picked it!

Azzrian

Oh I want to try this!

momo

I’ll send you a bit with the macarons :) (next Monday!)

Ohhhh macarons! YUM! :D

Azzrian

Oh THANK YOU!!!! WOO HOOOO! :) Happy Dance!
Whispering Pines – my daughter is making them and Momo has a shop close to her so she is sending us some so we can compare how well my daughter is doing. So far my girl is learning so much through this experience and her macarons are amazing yet we are so curious to try some from a true shop! :)
Thank you again momo! xo

I tried really hard not to spill the beans about the new stuff I picked up on my trip…clearly I failed. Haha. China might need to be an annual trip. This one will need further ratio changes but is by far the greatest green tea blend I’ve come up with.

I searched high and low to build a tea around the description (which I wrote about 6 months ago). This has been one of my longest projects – and I’m VERY excited about the outcome!

Estimated by the 15th. :) So excited – Back to the grind on Saturday!

CupofTree

This one sounds really pretty, am in LOVE with the name and I want to hear more! like what’s in it, what does it taste like?

Whispering Pines Tea Company

It’s a pure green tea/pouchong blend. 3 green teas from different regions of china, one being lightly scented with jasmine, the other a VERY naturally sweet green and the third being top secret :)

Tea and Trees

I’m excited! I am in love with your tea, I’ll be ordering more very soon!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Ahh! So glad to hear! I’ve heard nothing but great things from fellow Michiganders! :D

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Write up some tasting notes if you can, I’d love to hear more of what you love! :)

Tea and Trees

I’m working on it, I’ve been trying to find the right words!

I am super impressed with my Whispering Pines teas! Haha, I’ve probably said this already :P but yeah, oh and also, I forgot to mention the hand-written note that came with my teas was a nice surprise, good customer service! I had a cup of Honeysuckle White tea by them earlier and didn’t rinse my cup, so there might be a bit of honeysuckle taste in this cup that is not normally present lol. I’ll have to write a review about that one at some point too! Anyways, onto this tea.

First off, this one has a very faint green tea scent dry, nice and light. I steeped for 1.5 minutes at 175 degree water. The steeped smell is of jasmine, fresh little buds of it. The taste is very delicate and fresh, I definitely taste a floral element, whether that is the honeysuckle adding to the jasmine from the previous cup, I’m not sure, but it is quite nice. The green tea is very light and smooth, with the slightest hint of grass. I can see how this is likened to rain in a forest or on blades of grass, it is just fresh and sweet and pure.

Overall, I am quite enjoying this cup, I am finding it quite relaxing and I love the images of a forest it evokes for me. Ahh feeling a bit Zen-like, much needed after a busy busy day at work. I will hold off rating until I try it in a clean cup to make sure the white tea isn’t messing with the flavor.

jessiwrites

Oh, that sounds lovely.

MissLena

It is quite a soothing tea :)

This was a wonderful sample from Rachel!

This is a very nicely done blend. It’s lightly vegetal with notes of chestnut and wafts of jasmine. The jasmine is not strong at all, it’s delicate and very well done. This tea really does resemble its name, a light rain in a field with wild flowers with a creek flowing through it. Beautiful tea, thank you for sharing this one with me Rachel!