Apple Cinnamon Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company
Boiling 2 min, 15 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “*Thank you Brenden for this tea sample!* Lovely aroma that takes me to the childhood that few people have these days. Bobbing for apples, bales of hay for hayrides. Who does this anymore? Some...” Read full tasting note
    bonniejohnstone 672 tasting notes
  • “I'm always amazed with the tea I get from Whispering Pines. When I opened the bag the aroma of cinnamon was sooo strong. I thought it was just going to be a cinnamon party. But it's much, much more...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 746 tasting notes
  • “WOW! This tea is the essence of a chilly autumn morning, waking up to mommas fresh apple cobbler and the dazzle of the sunrise over your oak-frame bed. Crisp, smooth, and refreshing, we've blended...” Read full tasting note
    whisperingpinestea 44 tasting notes
  • “A sample of this came with my order from Whispering Pines. At first I wanted to have this as my morning tea, but I got distracted by a random sencha I came across in my tea box and brewed that up...” Read full tasting note
    Argentum 107 tasting notes

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

The Inspiration

The moment water hits these highly-oxidized leaves, you are overcome with incredible apple notes floating gently out of your cup. Moments later, the warm aroma of organic cinnamon joins in, bringing you the aroma only comparable to apple pie, fresh out of the oven!

Crisp, smooth, and refreshing, we’ve blended cinnamon pieces with a highly oxidized Indonesian oolong with unbelievably strong all-natural notes of Washington red apples! This is a tea you just have to indulge in to believe!

Notes
Apple
Cinnamon

How to brew the perfect cup:
Steep 1 teaspoon of leaves

Kepahiang Garden, Bengkulu, Sumatra, Indonesia

Caffeine Content
Medium

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Thank you Brenden for this tea sample!

Lovely aroma that takes me to the childhood that few people have these days. Bobbing for apples, bales of hay for hayrides. Who does this anymore? Some people do…and I did.

One time when my daughter was a teen we had a party and put cooked oatmeal in the large steel tub with the apples, then food coloring. The girls with long hair had a terrible time getting the oatmeal out!

I baked apple pies and other desserts for the Johnny Appleseed Contest in our town of Paradise, California. I do love apples and cinnamon!

For an Oolong?!? This surprised me! What on earth?!?

My appreciation for creativity without using chemical flavors (cheating) gives Brenden a thumbs up!

As for taste…I thought the flavor was spot on but light. It wasn’t the fault of the cinnamon or apple though, the base tea wasn’t quite the right oolong. It should have been a more buttery/floral oolong which would have tasted like a sun-ripened apple (like a yellow delicious). Mountain apples (not store bought) are quite sweet. I picked the apples I used to win the apple pie contests so I’m just sayin… I think it could have been a sweeter oolong.

That said, I love the idea.

Thanks for the review, Bonnie! :D

“It wasn’t the fault of the cinnamon or apple though, the base tea wasn’t quite the right oolong” …I think it would be nice if it was a tad sweeter, but note that all apple notes in this tea are actually coming from the oolong, so with a different base oolong it would lose the appleness :)

I’m always amazed with the tea I get from Whispering Pines. When I opened the bag the aroma of cinnamon was sooo strong. I thought it was just going to be a cinnamon party. But it’s much, much more than that. It’s sweet with lovely roasty red apple notes. It has a lovely cinnamon background that compliments the oolong quite nicely.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Yay! Glad you liked it! Make sure to take advantage of the 5+ infusions you get from this tea! :)

KallieBoo!

OOO I will :]

WOW! This tea is the essence of a chilly autumn morning, waking up to mommas fresh apple cobbler and the dazzle of the sunrise over your oak-frame bed. Crisp, smooth, and refreshing, we’ve blended cinnamon pieces with a highly oxidized Indonesian o’olong with unbelievably strong all-natural notes of Washington red apples! This is a tea you just have to indulge in to believe!

I’ve been drinking this nonstop for like a week, and I can’t wrap my head around how perfect it is. :)

Infuses 5+ times!

Infusion #4: 4 minutes
Infusion #5: 5 minutes

Ingredients: O’olong tea, cinnamon

Babble

This sounds really delicious. All of the oolongs do, actually. And they are quite affordable, too :)

Whispering Pines Tea Company

They are all delicious! And yes, I try to keep to prices as low as possible. You should get them all! Bahaha :)

Tea and Trees

I think I’ll try this one next time I order tea!

A sample of this came with my order from Whispering Pines. At first I wanted to have this as my morning tea, but I got distracted by a random sencha I came across in my tea box and brewed that up instead. Then the very blah morning turned into a very blah afternoon, so I thought it would be the perfect afternoon tea. As I was steeping this, one of my friends (and his flatmates) stopped by for a quick visit, since I’d been planning on giving them a box of various teas to try out (a few of them are tea drinkers). We chatted for a bit, and when they left I suddenly realised that I was starving, so I thought I’d cook up an early dinner.

Well, as it turns out, that ‘quick dinner’ turned into ‘cook enough food for the next two or three days’. So on the plus side, yay, I have lots of food now, but oh no, I realised that I’d oversteeped my tea by a few hours.

So I rushed back to my room, which smelled like a warm apple pie, and took the strainer out of my mug. Since the tea base is an oolong, I had hope that it would still be drinkable. It still smelled great, after all!

I took a sip and was totally wowed by the flavour! With a tiny bit of sugar, it would basically be the liquid form of a freshly baked apple pie. It still tasted amazing plain, though, with a hint of sweetness. The apple and cinnamon flavours were perfectly balanced. The cinnamon actually tasted sweeter than what I was expecting. Or at least I think it was the cinnamon. It may have been the apple.

I’m so glad I got to try this out, even if I oversteeped it by a lot! I think I still have enough of the sample for another cup. Hopefully I won’t be so distracted then!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

One thing I LOVE about this tea is that it’s a “whatever” tea. By that I mean that you can’t mess it up. You can steep it for 2 minutes or you can steep it for 2 hours and it tastes amazing either way! :)

Note two neat things on this tea, as well as its inability to oversteep:

You can get 5 or more infusions out of it! Steep like this: 2 minutes, 2 minutes, 3, 4, 5, 8…and so on :)

Also: the apple notes are all-natural. There is no added flavoring whatsoever in this blend!

Glad you enjoyed it!

I decided to have this as my evening wind-down tea. I steeped it according to the package directions and added 1.5 teaspoons of sugar. I probably should have tried it unsweetened first , but oh well. Next time!

This tea is REALLY sweet. Definitely should have tried it unsweetened. There’s a lovely harmony going on among all the flavors, similar to what happens in a baked good: the ingredients get real friendly with one another, until they just mush into each other and become a new flavor entirely. That, and the fact that it’s really very sweet, makes this tea taste like a Hubig’s apple pie. For those of you not familiar with Hubig’s, they make individual size fruit pies, kind of like a turnover except with pie crust instead of puff pastry, deep fry them, and douse them in glaze. You don’t really want to know how many calories are in one of those things. ;) Anyway, I’m completely captivated by the bakey apple flavors going on here, and the cinnamon plays a perfectly in tune second fiddle. The oolong adds some nice honey and nut notes. Delicious!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Note that you can get 5+ infusions with this one :)

teataku

I’m actually on my fourth steep this morning! Every time I would go to empty my infuser, I smelled the leaves again and I could STILL detect cinnamon! So I steeped it again, and again, and again. It’s not as rich and thick in the mouth as it was the first time, but the flavors are definitely all still there (though the apple is pretty weak now). I am loving this!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

:) yay! So glad you’re enjoying them all!