Herbal Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

• “Ooh, it's been a while since I've grabbed a maté. I got a lot of heat/spice out of this initially (love!) which mellowed out with a touch of sweetener. I also get something buttery sweet like...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 932 tasting notes
  • “Anyone else think roasted mate smells like stale cigarettes? No, just me? Okay. The tulsi and peppermint pretty much make this blend for me. They add a sensational cooling element in my mouth,...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 596 tasting notes
  • “whoa! so many of my swap samples are green teas that i just assumed this was a green tea. but it's SO NOT a green tea. did i tell you i love tulsi?! i do i do i really do. i can't explain why, it...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 711 tasting notes
  • “Probably not the best tea to be drinking at 10:30pm... But you know... Two weeks off equals who cares what time I go to bed. Party! Kind of... Anyways I made this to go with dinner. Which was curry...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 746 tasting notes

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Have you ever witnessed a pure, genuinely perfect aura? Have you ever felt fire from across the room or the sweet serenity of a flawless moment?

I met my soul sister the other day. In a moment of pure ethereal bliss, I embraced perfection in my arms. That moment can not be described in words but a mad man can cup it.

Some people are made of magic. Some moments are made of love.

A breath of life, a sip of inspiration.

Namaste.

The Perfect Cup:
8 oz of 212ºF filtered water
1 teaspoon of tea
Steeped for 5 minutes.

Ingredients: Roasted yerba maté leaf, organic tulsi, peppermint, safflower

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Ooh, it’s been a while since I’ve grabbed a maté. I got a lot of heat/spice out of this initially (love!) which mellowed out with a touch of sweetener. I also get something buttery sweet like licorice (zero in here), and then some coolness from the mint. Biggest note is the maté, although it’s subdued to me. Quite enjoying this cup.

EDIT: Super annoying that, in my attempts to help Steepster flesh out their new database details, I can’t.. who puts in only partial flavors, or partial ingredients? Nuh-uh. Please Steepster, give us the ability to add these things, because the options right now are so incredibly limited. I’ve emailed at least hundreds of additions now, and just want to get cracking to get these pages looking right. Use us, the free laborers that you have! We want to help. Truly.

__Morgana__

I second that emotion. I’ve sent a lot of flavor suggestions, too.

Suziqzer

Yes.. I agree very limited yet on flavor descriptions. The one I find most humorous is that it suggest “fruity” yet you can’t use it!

__Morgana__

LOL. I noticed that, too.

Starfevre

It should be like the ingredients and you can add things as you go.

MissB

You can’t add the ingredients anymore either – you have to email to get them added too.

Starfevre

Really? That’s incredibly stupid.

Anyone else think roasted mate smells like stale cigarettes? No, just me? Okay.

The tulsi and peppermint pretty much make this blend for me. They add a sensational cooling element in my mouth, and just taste fresh and scream ‘WAKE UP’. They are also the primary flavors (yay!) The mate adds a roasty element, kind of earthy and a little ashy, and then hangs around for the aftertaste.

For a roasted mate blend, this is pretty awesome. For a cup of tea for me I could probably pass. Luckily, Fiance is a bit of mate fiend

Thanks for the chance to try, though KallieBoo!

whoa!
so many of my swap samples are green teas that i just assumed this was a green tea. but it’s SO NOT a green tea.
did i tell you i love tulsi?! i do i do i really do. i can’t explain why, it has a subtle tonic taste to it maybe? herbal and fresh? anyways, this is a roasted maté & tulsi blend and it is just plain old sparkling in my mouth!
i’m sure the peppermint and safflower add to that sensation to. no doubt. but this is earthy and herbaly and balanced.
what a great surprise cup. i only steeped it for 3 minutes instead of 5. i’ll try it longer next time, but i like it this way too obviously.
thank you so much KallieBoo!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Ohhh! :) I’ve been waiting on the edge of my seat for reviews on this one :) glad you enjoyed it!

Probably not the best tea to be drinking at 10:30pm… But you know… Two weeks off equals who cares what time I go to bed. Party! Kind of… Anyways I made this to go with dinner. Which was curry and rice. And it was perfect! The flavor I’m getting the most of is the peppermint. The tulsi and mate is more in the background. I’m not complaining.. I really like this blend. It’s smooth and has a really nice herbal flavor.