Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

2 Images

• “Nice solid tasting black tea is the best I can think of right now. Lol. I'm not really picking up anything special here, but it might just be that my palate isn't really that refined yet. Though I...” Read full tasting note
    Shadowfall 149 tasting notes

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Dian Hong, a very high-grade black tea from Yunnan, China, has sweet passionfruit, melon, and honey notes! Dian Hong is my favorite black tea and is truly a treat to drink!

The Perfect Cup
8 oz of boiling water
1 tsp of tea leaves
Steeped for 3 minutes

Caffeine Content: High

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Nice solid tasting black tea is the best I can think of right now. Lol. I’m not really picking up anything special here, but it might just be that my palate isn’t really that refined yet. Though I do get a bit of astringency at the end.
Followed company’s instruction for second steeping. Not much different from the first aside from it tasting a bit weaker. Ah well. But this is definitely one I’ll likely keep around.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

You might have luck halving the leaves and doubling the steep time :)

Shadowfall

I’ll definitely give that a try. I certainly have enough left to keep trying until something tastes different. Lol! Thanks.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

No worries, enjoy! This is a great tea to train your palette with, too :)