Golden Snail (Bi Luo Chun) Yunnan Black

Chinese Black Tea
Baked Bread, Butter, Chocolate, Creamy, Floral, Honey, Malt, Maple, Smooth, Apricot, Molasses, Sweet Potatoes, Grain, Wet Earth, Roasted Barley
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

Available from 1 seller.

3 Images

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

ABOUT THE TEA
This Yunnan black tea was harvested in early spring (2014) and carries a robust and delicious flavor profile! The first thing you taste is a the thick honey flavor giving way to creamy cocoa with a touch of malt. A heavy molasses-like sweetness lingers on your tongue while juicy morel plays with a hint of gardenia in the aftertaste. This tea is delicious hot as well as iced and holds up very well to three or more infusions!

NOTES
Milk Chocolate, Molasses, Malt, Morel, Cream, Gardenias

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Mmm this is a marvelous tea :) so smooth with caramel and chocolate notes.

thank you KallieBoo!

I didn’t have good luck with this tea today. There was something funny about the tea, but i’m not sure if the tea was contaminated or i just goofed it up. oh well. I’ll eventually get round to placing an order with WP and maybe ill try it again. thanks for sending this my way!

Thanks so much Cameron B for the sample!

This is a very cute tea and tasty too! I like it very much but it isn’t blowing me away like it has some of the other reviewers, perhaps because I’ve had quite a few other equally tasty Yunnan blacks :)

Good stuff though! Definitely my kind of thing. Glad I got to try it.

Cameron B.

I haven’t had this one in a while, so who knows if I still love it. :P You’re probably right about it being similar to other golden bud Yunnans.

Thank you Cameron B for the Wee Snaily Yums! The dry leaf smells malty, but also a bit like bread. And they really do remind me of wee little golden snailys.

Mmm this tastes like warm malty bread drizzled with honey and molasses and a sprinkle of raisins. The next 2 steeps were pretty similar, although they became a bit more bread and malty, and less honeyed molasses. Delicious, definitely on my list for my next order.

TheTeaFairy

Ok Mandy…I can’t read this without having it, fixing myself a cup now :-)

Lariel

I want some Wee Snaily tea now.

TheTeaFairy

Lariel…we all want wee snaily…all the time.

mj

Yes, wee snaily always!

Cheri

Cameron B. is a Wee Snaily Yums enabler. That’s where I got my sample from, too.

Shadowfall

I really have to pick some of this up in my next order. It sounds like an amazing tea.

Mandy

It’s so good, I have to keep myself from having it again.

Mandy

Must. Resist. I dont want to finish my sample yet because I’m on a buying ban (I even resisted the Butiki sale completely). And I have two boxes plus a bubble mailer full of teas I still havent even tried, and shelves in my cabinet bursting with tea, and a whole bunch of teas in my sip down pile. And I want to get everything organized before I add more to my stash, but I’m almost afraid to come to terms with how much tea I have (counting samples I think I have close to 200). And I used to think having 20 was a lot xD

I must be strong, I must be rational, I must remember that I’m a broke struggling college student with no job and a couple thousand dollars of debt. I just need to find a sugar daddy to support my habit (don’t tell my boyfriend I said that xD)

TheTeaFairy

Lol, Mandy, you be good then, I totally support your wisdom, no need for a sugar daddy : )

Being reasonable is the right thing to do, I applaud you!

Oh this was yummy!

I got this sample a few days ago from Cameron B. and it is even labeled Wee Snaily Yums!

Delicious.

Creamy, chocolaty, but not overly so. Just the right amount of malty. And I might even call that bit kind of sweet potato. Maybe. I’m not sure. It definitely has a hint of sweetness to it.

What has happened to me? When did I start liking black teas?

hippiechick 42

Wee snaily time! I love that!

hippiechick 42

yums I mean. Darn auto correct.

I must share the Wee Snaily love with the whole world! :P

Cheri

Be careful or you might have to send samples out to the whole world.

That’s true, I am getting a little low… :O

My first tea from the Pass the Stash 2.0 Box. This is one of the two teas Cameron B. sent just for me. Yay!

I’ve read several tasting notes on this tea, so when I took my first sip I was expecting malt, bread, and honey. What I got was honeysuckle and sweet potato. No complaints here – the flavor is amazing. I am surprised at how strong the floral note is, but the earthiness of the sweet potato note helps keep the tea from being too floral in character. As the tea cools the malty flavor appears. Oh, I’m really liking this. Such a beautiful tea!

mj

Snaily yums!

Cameron B.

I’m so glad you like it! :) This is one of my favorites.

Veronica

It’s sooo good! It’s a million degrees in my house right now, but I’m sitting in front of a fan drinking my second steeping of this. :)

MzPriss

Snaily yumminess. I may have some of that after I finish off this Cocoa Amore

I see why so many people love this tea. To start with, the little fuzzy snails are so cute. The tea is smooth, malty, chocolatey yum. So far I have steeped it a couple of times, but I think I could do more with shorter steeps. It’s pretty strong and dark.

“Wee snaily yums” is right.

This tea…what is this tea? It’s a slice of buttery, perfectly toasted bread, drizzled with sweet honey and maple syrup. Lightly dusted with powdered sugar. There’s a tiny hint of spice that makes me think there’s cinnamon on top too. Visualize it. Mmmmm. There’s some malt and chocolate in there, towards the end. I mean GOOD chocolate, none of that Hershey’s bullshit. My college roommate last year was a young woman from Kazakstan. She brought me a bar of milk chocolate from her country and it was better than any milk chocolate I had ever eaten. That’s what I mean. It was creamy, melt-in-your-mouth delicious. This tea is exactly that. It’s the best, buttery flaky croissant I’ve ever had. It’s the best milk chocolate and the lightest, loveliest honey.

You better have a good reason for not having this in your cupboard.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Chocolate, Creamy, Floral, Honey, Malt, Maple, Smooth

Yummy :-)

kimquat

I’ve been drinking WPT on the daily! I think I’m addicted. Best addiction EVER

TheTeaFairy

BEST EVERRRR!!! Lol, welcome to my world..

This tea is delicious . I have to admit I’m partial to Yunnan blacks. Very rich and satisfying. Malty, creamy, some chestnuts. As cooled I’ve got some slight spice which was welcoming. It’s fun tea and I’m glad I picked it with my recent order. Made it western according to WP parameters. I have to try it gongfu , my usual style of brewing Yunnan blacks.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Yummy snaily tea :-)

boychik

Tiny :)
Resteep @ 6 min was great, rich, spicier, roasty and some minty notes showed up

Thank you Brenden for including this sample in my last order. It sounded so good that I had to drink it immediately. Unfortunately, I finished both cups of this a few hours ago so I don’t remember much, but I feel like I tasted spices and sweet potato and warm baked bread. It was delicious and I enjoyed each steep.

I might grab an oz for my next order just to get a better feel for it!

VariaTEA

I was looking at this one when making my potential Whispering Pines order but it was sold out.

Terri HarpLady

I didn’t order any because I already have plenty of tasty black bi luos from YS.

Dag Wedin

Yeah tried this from YS last year i think. Its decent but less of everything compared to a good dian hong.

Cavocorax