Golden Snail (Bi Luo Chun) Yunnan Black

Chinese Black Tea
Baked Bread, Butter, Chocolate, Creamy, Floral, Honey, Malt, Maple, Smooth, Apricot, Molasses, Sweet Potatoes, Grain, Wet Earth, Roasted Barley
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

Available from 1 seller.

3 Images

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

ABOUT THE TEA
This Yunnan black tea was harvested in early spring (2014) and carries a robust and delicious flavor profile! The first thing you taste is a the thick honey flavor giving way to creamy cocoa with a touch of malt. A heavy molasses-like sweetness lingers on your tongue while juicy morel plays with a hint of gardenia in the aftertaste. This tea is delicious hot as well as iced and holds up very well to three or more infusions!

NOTES
Milk Chocolate, Molasses, Malt, Morel, Cream, Gardenias

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Mmm this is a marvelous tea :) so smooth with caramel and chocolate notes.

thank you KallieBoo!

I didn’t have good luck with this tea today. There was something funny about the tea, but i’m not sure if the tea was contaminated or i just goofed it up. oh well. I’ll eventually get round to placing an order with WP and maybe ill try it again. thanks for sending this my way!

Oh this was yummy!

I got this sample a few days ago from Cameron B. and it is even labeled Wee Snaily Yums!

Delicious.

Creamy, chocolaty, but not overly so. Just the right amount of malty. And I might even call that bit kind of sweet potato. Maybe. I’m not sure. It definitely has a hint of sweetness to it.

What has happened to me? When did I start liking black teas?

hippiechick 42

Wee snaily time! I love that!

hippiechick 42

yums I mean. Darn auto correct.

I must share the Wee Snaily love with the whole world! :P

Cheri

Be careful or you might have to send samples out to the whole world.

That’s true, I am getting a little low… :O

Please keep things friendly and .

My first tea from the Pass the Stash 2.0 Box. This is one of the two teas Cameron B. sent just for me. Yay!

I’ve read several tasting notes on this tea, so when I took my first sip I was expecting malt, bread, and honey. What I got was honeysuckle and sweet potato. No complaints here – the flavor is amazing. I am surprised at how strong the floral note is, but the earthiness of the sweet potato note helps keep the tea from being too floral in character. As the tea cools the malty flavor appears. Oh, I’m really liking this. Such a beautiful tea!

mj

Snaily yums!

Cameron B.

I’m so glad you like it! :) This is one of my favorites.

Veronica

It’s sooo good! It’s a million degrees in my house right now, but I’m sitting in front of a fan drinking my second steeping of this. :)

MzPriss

Snaily yumminess. I may have some of that after I finish off this Cocoa Amore

Please keep things friendly and .

I see why so many people love this tea. To start with, the little fuzzy snails are so cute. The tea is smooth, malty, chocolatey yum. So far I have steeped it a couple of times, but I think I could do more with shorter steeps. It’s pretty strong and dark.

Please keep things friendly and .

“Wee snaily yums” is right.

This tea…what is this tea? It’s a slice of buttery, perfectly toasted bread, drizzled with sweet honey and maple syrup. Lightly dusted with powdered sugar. There’s a tiny hint of spice that makes me think there’s cinnamon on top too. Visualize it. Mmmmm. There’s some malt and chocolate in there, towards the end. I mean GOOD chocolate, none of that Hershey’s bullshit. My college roommate last year was a young woman from Kazakstan. She brought me a bar of milk chocolate from her country and it was better than any milk chocolate I had ever eaten. That’s what I mean. It was creamy, melt-in-your-mouth delicious. This tea is exactly that. It’s the best, buttery flaky croissant I’ve ever had. It’s the best milk chocolate and the lightest, loveliest honey.

You better have a good reason for not having this in your cupboard.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Chocolate, Creamy, Floral, Honey, Malt, Maple, Smooth

Yummy :-)

kimquat

I’ve been drinking WPT on the daily! I think I’m addicted. Best addiction EVER

TheTeaFairy

BEST EVERRRR!!! Lol, welcome to my world..

Please keep things friendly and .

This tea is delicious . I have to admit I’m partial to Yunnan blacks. Very rich and satisfying. Malty, creamy, some chestnuts. As cooled I’ve got some slight spice which was welcoming. It’s fun tea and I’m glad I picked it with my recent order. Made it western according to WP parameters. I have to try it gongfu , my usual style of brewing Yunnan blacks.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Yummy snaily tea :-)

boychik

Tiny :)
Resteep @ 6 min was great, rich, spicier, roasty and some minty notes showed up

Please keep things friendly and .

Thank you Brenden for including this sample in my last order. It sounded so good that I had to drink it immediately. Unfortunately, I finished both cups of this a few hours ago so I don’t remember much, but I feel like I tasted spices and sweet potato and warm baked bread. It was delicious and I enjoyed each steep.

I might grab an oz for my next order just to get a better feel for it!

VariaTEA

I was looking at this one when making my potential Whispering Pines order but it was sold out.

Terri HarpLady

I didn’t order any because I already have plenty of tasty black bi luos from YS.

Dag Wedin

Yeah tried this from YS last year i think. Its decent but less of everything compared to a good dian hong.

Cavocorax

Oh – I need to try them at some point too! Not soon, but eventually. :D

Please keep things friendly and .

The roofers started at 6 am, and the cleaning lady is here. She’s really loud – one of those people who only has one volume. I think by the time they both leave today we will all be ready for bed.

I wasn’t willing to gamble this morning and needed something reliable and strong. This was my choice. Save me snails!

Cheri

How much longer are the roofers going to be?

I remember many years ago when we had a very snowy early December, and then things warmed up, but not really. By the last week of December, the snow melt had iced in the gutters and we had really, really bad ice dams in them. Really bad. And then it warmed back up some, and the roof and insulation at the apartment we were living in was pretty…well, it was an apartment, so they didn’t care about my heating bills. And as the snow melted, it flooded the dammed up gutters and we had water POURING into our apartment. We were on the second floor and it was bad, but the woman living below us literally had a waterfall for a doorwall. So they hired someone to take the gutters off the buildings. Good idea. Except that they showed up at 7am on a Sunday and used sledge hammers to remove them. And they started in the corner of the building right over my bedroom. That was miserable.

Stephanie

I wish I had a cleaning lady! I don’t mind cleaning floors and most of the bathroom…my pet peeve is scrubbing the grout in the shower stall. Absolutely HATE doing that for some reason.

Marzipan

It’s something I had to do, since I work from home I really need to be off in my house instead of always working in the house, or ON the house. She’s not too expensive either. She comes every other week and does the heavy stuff, floors, bathrooms, etc. $70.

Stephanie

That’s not as bad as I thought it would be price wise. I guess I’d rather have a gardener though. Weedeating and mowing in this heat is the absolute worst. Maybe when I pay off my car :)

Marzipan

Well, we have that too.

:) living the dream :)

Cheri

My house isn’t yet ready for someone to come in and clean, if that makes sense. I need to actually have things put away, I think, to get someone to come and clean.

Sarsonator

I can’t wait to get more of this tea. I just love it!

Thomas Edward(Toad)

The Snails are soo yummy, we love this one, we just ran out of it and I just ordered some more :)

mj

LOL send up the snail signal :)

Sarsonator

Hahaha!!! Too cute, mj

Please keep things friendly and .

Up next from the recent WP order. I am not yet well versed in Yunnan’s. I know I have had a few, but not enough to really know. I made the mistake tonight of starting to sip this tea with a bowl of strawberries in front of me. The sweet from the fruit did not help this tea out. It made my first few sips a bit wishy washy. Once I got the sweet taste out of my mouth I was able to focus on the tea a bit more. I enjoyed this cup. I get malty, tad bit of honey-ish flavor with a bright finish. I will need to have another go with this cup without a bowl full of fruit to get to know this one a bit better.

Cameron B.

Love this one! I’m so glad I ordered an ounce during the sale. :)

MzPriss

This is a purr-ful one.

TheTeaFairy

Oh, now me want a cup…no strawberries required ;-)

Cameron B.

Of course not, everyone knows tea fairies prefer crunchy cherries!

TheTeaFairy

Haha Cameron, good one :-)
(They totally do!!!)