Golden Snail Yunnan Black Tea

Chinese Black Tea
Malt, Brown Sugar, Cocoa, Molasses, Sweet Potatoes, Baked Bread, Butter, Chocolate, Creamy, Floral, Honey, Maple, Smooth, Apricot, Grain, Wet Earth, Roasted Barley
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

Available from 1 seller.

3 Images

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

ABOUT THE TEA
This Yunnan black tea was harvested in early spring (2014) and carries a robust and delicious flavor profile! The first thing you taste is a the thick honey flavor giving way to creamy cocoa with a touch of malt. A heavy molasses-like sweetness lingers on your tongue while juicy morel plays with a hint of gardenia in the aftertaste. This tea is delicious hot as well as iced and holds up very well to three or more infusions!

NOTES
Milk Chocolate, Molasses, Malt, Morel, Cream, Gardenias

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Mmm this is a marvelous tea :) so smooth with caramel and chocolate notes.

backlog from yesterday – thanks again to dexter for letting me try this one. On the whole, this wasn’t a bad cup of tea, but i’m glad that this is one that i don’t feel the need to order from WP. There was a bitterness there that i didn’t love. still not a bad cup..just not one i need to keep around.

Final Count yesterday: 114

The dry leaf is so cute to look at and scoop out of the package.

Tastes of sweet potato, malt, cocoa and some spice – delicious and smooth.

Very nice!

Thank you TeaTiff for the swap! It’s terrible it’s taking a while for me to try these teas. I’m trying! These leaves are little coils of gold with hints of black. There is a fragrance of tomato soup before I even take a sip. The flavor is lovely – very smooth, tomato soup, honey, hints of chocolate, sweet potato, bit of spice. A ridiculous combination if you think about it, but the flavors work perfectly together… only in tea! The second steep really melded together and deepened… more difficult to pick out the flavors like I did in the first cup but very delicious!
Steep #1 // 1 tsp // few min after boiling // 3 min
Steep #2 // just boiled // 5 min

Smooth, medium-bodied, pleasant, flavorful. There is nothing offensive about this tea and I think it would be a good starter straight black for someone to try. While it may not be my personal favorite, it is definitely worth consideration for those that tend to avoid the heavy-bodied CTC types in the morning.

1995 tasting notes

Another WP sample from Cameron B.! Get used to seeing that line, because I have a bunch to go through. :)

This is quite delicious. A very nice golden yunnan tea. Nice and sweet potato-y, and with a hint of molasses as well, like a sweet potato with brown sugar. Mmmmm. A little bit of cocoa flirting around the edges, and overall the texture is thick and creamy. Thanks for the sample of this one Cameron, it was very enjoyable!

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Cocoa, Molasses, Sweet Potatoes

Cold brewing this one for the last days of summer. Clear honey sweetness, a touch of malt and baked-goods flavor, and a rich buttery finish that lingers on, clearing up to just a hint of something floral. The previous time I cold brewed this tea for a long time (8+ hours instead of 6 like this time), I also got a distinct note of fresh, fibrous stone fruit. As expected, this is a very wonderful iced tea, rich but crisp.

Thanks so much Cameron B for the sample!

This is a very cute tea and tasty too! I like it very much but it isn’t blowing me away like it has some of the other reviewers, perhaps because I’ve had quite a few other equally tasty Yunnan blacks :)

Good stuff though! Definitely my kind of thing. Glad I got to try it.

Cameron B.

I haven’t had this one in a while, so who knows if I still love it. :P You’re probably right about it being similar to other golden bud Yunnans.

Thank you Cameron B for the Wee Snaily Yums! The dry leaf smells malty, but also a bit like bread. And they really do remind me of wee little golden snailys.

Mmm this tastes like warm malty bread drizzled with honey and molasses and a sprinkle of raisins. The next 2 steeps were pretty similar, although they became a bit more bread and malty, and less honeyed molasses. Delicious, definitely on my list for my next order.

TheTeaFairy

Ok Mandy…I can’t read this without having it, fixing myself a cup now :-)

Lariel of Lórien

I want some Wee Snaily tea now.

TheTeaFairy

Lariel…we all want wee snaily…all the time.

mj

Yes, wee snaily always!

Cheri

Cameron B. is a Wee Snaily Yums enabler. That’s where I got my sample from, too.

Shadowfall

I really have to pick some of this up in my next order. It sounds like an amazing tea.

Mandy

It’s so good, I have to keep myself from having it again.

Mandy

Must. Resist. I dont want to finish my sample yet because I’m on a buying ban (I even resisted the Butiki sale completely). And I have two boxes plus a bubble mailer full of teas I still havent even tried, and shelves in my cabinet bursting with tea, and a whole bunch of teas in my sip down pile. And I want to get everything organized before I add more to my stash, but I’m almost afraid to come to terms with how much tea I have (counting samples I think I have close to 200). And I used to think having 20 was a lot xD

I must be strong, I must be rational, I must remember that I’m a broke struggling college student with no job and a couple thousand dollars of debt. I just need to find a sugar daddy to support my habit (don’t tell my boyfriend I said that xD)

TheTeaFairy

Lol, Mandy, you be good then, I totally support your wisdom, no need for a sugar daddy : )

Being reasonable is the right thing to do, I applaud you!

Oh this was yummy!

I got this sample a few days ago from Cameron B. and it is even labeled Wee Snaily Yums!

Delicious.

Creamy, chocolaty, but not overly so. Just the right amount of malty. And I might even call that bit kind of sweet potato. Maybe. I’m not sure. It definitely has a hint of sweetness to it.

What has happened to me? When did I start liking black teas?

hippiechick 42

Wee snaily time! I love that!

hippiechick 42

yums I mean. Darn auto correct.

I must share the Wee Snaily love with the whole world! :P

Cheri

Be careful or you might have to send samples out to the whole world.

That’s true, I am getting a little low… :O