Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

About the Tea
Our Chocolate Chai is made with expertly-ground 100% organic spices and our Fujian Black Tea, which has heavy notes of dark chocolate and a clean malty finish! This chai is smooth and energizing, and goes especially well with milk and sugar!

Note: Do not expect to be kicked in the mouth with chocolate flavor! There is no chocolate in this blend. The chocolate flavors in this chai are strong natural notes found in the tea itself. Adding sugar and milk often accentuates these notes. Enjoy!

Notes
Cocoa
Malt
Balanced Spice

How to brew the perfect cup:
Steep 1 tablespoon of leaves

Organic Cloves

Caffeine Content
Medium

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Thanks Brenden for this tea sample!

A shockingly wonderful surprise arrived in the mail…Chai!
What made this arrival more glorious was that I didn’t pick up my mail until it was 30 degrees out. Old Man Winter was blowing his icy breath across my face. Burr!

I stepped gingerly through a pile of dry leaves and into the house arms loaded with two bags of groceries and the mail. I wondered outloud, “What’s this mail from Whispering Pines?”
No matter how lame it sounds, we all have a ‘happy dance’ even if it’s not a literal dance. I have an internal ‘happy dance’, or ‘victory whoop’ that happened last night when I opened the mail and saw two samples of Chai!

I’ve reviewed Fujian Black Tea, which is the high quality very chocolaty tea base for this Chai. I loved it and ordered some for myself! For Brenden to use this as the base for this Chai was brilliant. (Most people use bland black tea’s for Chai, which I just don’t understand!)

The Fujian Black Tea is so flavorful that it blends with the spices weaving together the malt and spice gently without any harsh edges. It reminds me of eating a spice cookie and sipping a cup of creamy cocoa.

My preferred way of drinking this Chai is with cream and clover honey, not sugar. The honey gives a bakery taste to the tea like graham cracker, and the milk or cream enhances the cocoa-malt flavor and creaminess.

If you want a traditional Chai with more spice Whispering Pines Golden Chai is for you and it’s lovely.
Chocolate Chai is smoother and mellow without much bite from spices. The chocolate is more cocoa than candy bar. Don’t expect a gooey Hershey’s Kiss.

As soon as I began drinking my Chai, the tea warmed me up from head to toe, rapidly chasing Old Man Winter’s frosty chill away. A comforting, satisfying and festive mug of tea!

High marks for this one! Quality blending, Brenden!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

So glad you enjoyed it! I worked very hard on these chai’s! :)

This is one of my favorites out of our 9 recently launched chai blends! It’s very creamy and has lovely chocolate notes!

The Perfect Cup:
Steep 1 tablespoon in 8 ounces of boiling water for 5 minutes.
2nd infusion for 7 minutes.
3rd infusion for 10 minutes.

Ingredients: Black Tea, Organic Ginger, Organic Cardamom, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Cloves

Caffeine Content: Medium-High