Wild Winter White Buds

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company
Boiling 8 min or more

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Delicious. I treat this the same way I steep/drink my Longjing - Pour water at correct temp into a tall glass, leave buds/leaves in, drink until 1/3 left and then add more water. Repeat until...” Read full tasting note
    Soloracer24 12 tasting notes

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

About the Tea
Our pure bud white tea is a very unique type of tea. Also known as yabao or white pu-erh, this tea is harvested in the late winter and sun-dried. It carries notes of pine needles in the aroma and a silky sweet mouthfeel with notes of rosemary, pine, and honeysuckle.

Our Wild Winter White Buds have the ability to be aged to develop more complex notes, similar to pu-erh. To age this tea, puncture a few dozen holes on each side of the packaging and store in a place away from strong odors and away from light and high humidity. Sun-dried teas will develop complex flavors over time. This tea is also very forgiving, and can be brewed however you see fit! The leaves will sink to the bottom of your cup should you choose not to strain them — this is my favorite way to drink this tea.

Notes
Pine
Rosemary
Honeysuckle

How to brew the perfect cup:
Steep 1 tablespoon of leaves

Medium-low

www.whisperingpinestea.com/yabao.html

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

Delicious. I treat this the same way I steep/drink my Longjing – Pour water at correct temp into a tall glass, leave buds/leaves in, drink until 1/3 left and then add more water. Repeat until flavour is gone. Sometimes I even mix the two together; there is no bitterness that I can taste when doing this.
By itself:
The aroma is full of sweet pine. It reminds me of Whispering Pine’s Sleeping Bear.
The taste is what you’d expect from a white tea: light, delicate and a very gentle aftertaste of honey.
The buds dance around the tall glass going up and down throughout out the session.

Boiling 8 min or more