Honey, Malt, Plums, Raisins, Baked Bread, Cocoa, Wet Earth, Creamy, Earth, Grain, Floral, Fruity, Pine, Smoke, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “Tea of the morning. This is an unusual Keemun. It's light and fruity with underlying honey notes. There might be a little chocolate, but the plum, raisin, and dried date notes are at the forefront....” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 789 tasting notes
  • “Thanks once again to *Cameron B.* for this sample! I'm not huge on Keemuns mostly because of the kind of smoky note that they can have with them; I am very sensative to smoky notes. However, I...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2007 tasting notes
  • “mmmmm thanks for sharing this one with me terri. I really enjoyed this one from WP. It's a different sort of keemun than the ones i generally prefer..less malty, more chocolatey. this will be...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “Oh look! Steepster is behaving :-) Let's post a review!! This was one of very few teas I hadn't tried yet from WP. I was curious, cause although Keemun are sometimes not my favourite teas to...” Read full tasting note
    TheTeaFairy 412 tasting notes

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Pine Peak Keemun is an excellent, high grade organic keemun with beautiful notes of pine and cocoa! The smoothness of this golden-tipped tea is brought together with a lightly floral aroma and a long-lasting marshmallow-sweet aftertaste! A great, lighter everyday tea!

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

TeaTiff inspired me to try this tea. It’s perfect for a hot muggy morning. I cannot start my day with iced tea. It should be hot and black.
Steeped according to WP parameters 1/2 tbsp 200F 8 oz 3min
Resteep was equally good at 5 min
This tea is beautiful amber color. It is light bodied, sweet like faint honey, some pine notes which are also light. It is not smokey at all for me. I wouldn’t mind some smoke but I know many ppl hate smoky teas. So no fear. I also detected some florals but again not like floral oolongs. Everything is delicate , nice and smooth.
I have to admit Im not Keemun expert, just had a couple besides blends so I won’t rate it.
But Im happy that I picked an oz and once I run out of it I will restock.

Cheri

You make this tea sound delicious. I think it’s one I would like to try, but probably I wouldn’t drink it often enough to order it. Hmmm…I should look if I can get this in the sample size……

mj

You can! I just ordered this one in a sample pack. WP teas has a sample pack of three teas for $5. Totally worth it

Cheri

That’s how I started my addiction to WP teas.

mj

Um yeah. I have already ordered a sample pack once before. So, in addition to the second sample pack, I also bought some Golden Orchid and Ailaoshan Black

TheTeaFairy

Yep, this one will make it to my next order..

Mine too

Wow, is this what all Keenums taste like? This is really really good. I almost placed my order yesterday thinking that eh, the Keenum sample I got wouldn’t prove order worthy. Boy was I wrong. This was really good. Did I say that already? For me it was a bready sweet taste. There wasn’t a smoke taste like I was expecting. This had me wanting to drink the entire sample pack in one sitting. On the order it goes, and I thought I could weed it down… doh! For those more seasoned keenum drinkers who have had THIS tea, how does it compare? Have I been missing out on another really good type of tea?

MzPriss

Tiff – resistance to WP is futile. And dang! Why haven’t I tried this?

looseTman

“Have I been missing out on another really good type of tea?”
I’m a very big Keemun fan! My most recent Keemun stash order was for 1 kg and it only lasted about 6 months!

TeaTiff

looseTman – What is your description of the defining taste of a keenum?

TeaTiff

1 kg, that is a lot of keenum!

TeaTiff

MzPriss – order is in progress…..

MzPriss

I’m a huge Keemun fan as well. looseTman – what kind was it that you bought so much of?

Order placed.

looseTman

“Prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is futile.”

MzPriss

Tiff – I wish I had ordered some of this now. But I did a huge one and it’s on it’s way. I’m drinking some North Winds now.

TeaTiff & MzPriss: steepster.com/looseTman/posts/166936

mj

@MzPriss: I ordered a sample of this with my order that should arrive on Saturday. I’d be happy to split the sample with you if you’d like to try it.

MzPriss

Oh mj that is so very sweet! I think I probably need a little sample order from WP anyway. But I appreciate the offer very very much.

@looseTman thanks I will check it out

donkeytiara

TeaTiff, you should explore Keemuns. There are some lower grade ones that smell like someone just hit you in the face with a dirt clod, and then are are extraordinarily delicate keemuns that speak of old and sacred places in their complexity. I have reviewed quite a few if you peruse my tealog…. they are one of my favorite teas.

Cheri

I just was saying that I think I need to try this one. I’m not a huge black tea fan, but everyone’s amazing reviews just make me want to taste it. I’ll probably get another sampler pack from WP at some point, and this one will be in it.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Keemun is my comfort tea :)

TheTeaFairy

Lol, teaTiff, now that I’ve read this review, I’m thinking exactly what MzPriss said: Why have I overlooked this one? Not a big deal though, was just thinking about what was going to be my next big reason to place another order. Now I know :-)

TeaTiff

MizPriss if you are not able to secure a sample I can send a long some since this did get included in the order.

looseTman – I actually own a bit of this tea. I had forgotten about it as at the time Keenum wasn’t on my radar. I am going to go back and revisit this one along side the WP.

donkeytiara – I started looking through your log and I had to stop:) They are all sounding so good!

TeaTiff

Cheri – I would actually be interested in learning which black teas you have enjoyed? I have seen from your log that you are mostly oolong and white.

WP – I am very impressed by all the teas I have tried and look forward to the order arriving. This one was a very comforting tea, nothing too fancy that I felt like I had to devote a ton of time, just yummy and relaxing.

TTF – So which teas from WP have you not had yet?

MzPriss

I have a passionate love for good Keemun. But there is plenty of lesser Keemun out there and I’m having to wade through it to get to the good ones. I really like one from The Steeping Room. I have a bunch of samples I need to try.

Cheri

TeaTiff – Yes, you’re right, mostly oolongs, whites and greens. Not a lot of blacks, and those I’ve had are flavored for the most part. I’d like to find blacks I like, but I haven’t yet found anything that really stands out.

looseTman

TeaTiff, I look forward to your comparison especially since I’ve not yet had the pleasure of WP’s Pine Peak Keemun.

I wish I was better about identifying flavors in tea. I like this now a lot. I get NO smoke (which is a good thing). Sweet, yes. Maybe like raw honey. It’s sweet but sort of earthy sweet. Sweet potato maybe. Sorry I’m not better at that part, but I can decisively say that it is good, and thank you for the sample of it on my last order!

It is raining and my head hurts (usually happens when the weather changes) so I took off work early to have some tea in my comfy chair and watch more of The West Wing (on season 5 now).

Ok I had to start this review over because I accidentally deleted the whole thing before I posted it somehow.
I’ve been waiting on this one for a while, I was lucky enough to get to taste a sample of it a while back and i knew right away that i must have more of it.

The aroma is slightly floral and slightly fruity at the same time with the floral aroma being similar to an orchid type aroma and the fruity aromas being like that of plums or dried cherries, very nice.

The major flavor notes are those of smokey pine, raw cocoa and honey with a pleasant sharpness or dryness on the end/aftertaste.

The minor notes are ever-changing and make the profile of this tea quite complex and hard to write a review on but I’ll do the best I can…
There a very slight floral note at times when the tea is warmer those match the orchid notes in the aroma as the tea cools a bit those very slight floral note turn into slightly citrus type note somehow. There is also a slight sweet note throughout this tea that also changes, at the start it is a fruity type sweetness and on the end it is more of a floral or honey type sweetness.

This tea is also very forgiving and can handle abuse of oversteeping and still come out tasting better than ever with no bitter or astringent at all in fact To Me it actually got much smoother with a longer steep and even more mellow as it cool.

Overall Pine Peak is a great Name for this one because the smokey Pine notes are dominate in this one,a wonderful good Keemun IMO that can be enjoyed many ways, I bet It would make for a really great iced tea also.

P.S Also I tasted it with some sweetener just because, I DO NOT recommend that at all, This tea is best enjoyed as it is without added sweetener.

Flavors: Cocoa, Floral, Fruity, Honey, Pine, Smoke, Sweet

Woot! Finally have my comfort tea in stock :) Pine, cocoa, and marshmallow notes with a light body and smooth deliciousness! :D

Flavors: Cocoa, Pine

TheTeaFairy

Ok, now stop please. I need to get my first order before I place another one, let’s try to be reasonable here! (I’m so not good at that!!!)

Veronica

Oh, that sounds really good. I just placed an order, and now I’m itching to place another one!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

No rush guys, we’ve got plenty of this tea :)