Black Chai Blend
Baked Bread, Chocolate, Cocoa, Honey, Malt, Spices, Vanilla, Butter, Cardamon, Ginger, Cedar, Creamy, Pine, Smooth, Sweet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

• “Oh My, So smooth and creamy almost buttery even,mmmmm. Very nice and bold with malty, cocoa notes and honey notes with smooth floral vanilla and just the right amount of spice. The spice level on...” Read full tasting note
    toadman208 458 tasting notes
  • “This has become a great favorite of mine for mornings. It's bold enough to stand up to breakfast, but still has a complex and defined flavor profile. Plus, did I mention this chai requires no...” Read full tasting note
    mj1851 268 tasting notes
  • “So...our little Snaily has a new playground: spice! Chai lovers of this world, this is something to try. I like that this is pretty traditional and not too over the top. Chai blends are often...” Read full tasting note
    TheTeaFairy 401 tasting notes
  • “Finally I got my WP. I was so excited to try this particular blend. It's new and sounded dreamy from the description. And it is . This chai is very smooth, spices are balanced and so fresh. ...” Read full tasting note
    boychik 353 tasting notes

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

The Legend of El Dorado tells of a majestic place deep in the wilderness of South America. With streets paved of gold and sacred temples of silver, this mythical place was filled with riches…

Luckily for you, you don’t have to search the jungles of South America in search of untold riches, for you can find them in your cup with El Dorado Chai! With a base of our Bi Luo Chun Yunnan Black, hand-cut Madagascar vanilla, holy basil and the four classic masala chai spices, you’re sure to strike gold with your first sip!

This lightly-spiced masala chai is smoother than a street of gold and sweeter than untouched jungle spring water. El Dorado Chai opens with pure wildflower honey and creamy vanilla, giving way to a hint of pine. The body is rich like a fresh croissant filled with the finest dark chocolate. A warm, tingling spice lingers near the end of the sip, reminiscent of the sweet spices on an apple pie crust. The finish is mouthwatering, with a full honey sweetness and a touch of malt.

Enjoy the immeasurable riches of this golden chai fit for the Gods!

""Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied—
“If you seek for Eldorado!”

-Edgar Allen Poe

Notes: Honey, Chocolate-Filled Croissant, Cream, Pine, Vanilla, Malt, Apple Pie Crust

Ingredients: Bi Luo Chun Yunnan Black Tea, Organic Ginger, Organic Cardamom, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Cloves, Hand-Cut Madagascar Vanilla Beans

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Oh My, So smooth and creamy almost buttery even,mmmmm.
The spice level on this one is just perfect.

I can’t believe how smooth and creamy this one is, it needs no milk or sweetener at all because it is perfect on its own.
I did decide to add a little maple syrup to it just because and it was omg so delicious BUT a bit much for me at first because I used a bit too much the first time. After using less maple the second time around it was perfection.

The maple made it very sweet and even more creamy somehow, the maple sweetness brought about a chocolatey note that is different than the dark chocolatey notes of some of brendens teas and it totally enhanced the Vanilla and made it stand out much more.
The chocolatey notes of this one with sweetener is like a milk chocolate donut or something, omg so good.
Milk chocolate donut with chai spice on top, mmmmmmm so good.

The perfect balance of the ginger and other spices toned down by the vanilla make this a perfect chai on its own and allow it to be subtly sweetened without being too bold like some chais, Some sweet chais give my a slight belly ache from the sweet spicy combo, Not this one!

Totally Awesome on it’s own but if ya sweeten it do try some Maple Syrup, oh my so good.

Thanks BOYCHIK for mentioning Maple Syrup in your review! Great Idea!!!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Chocolate, Cocoa, Honey, Malt, Spices, Vanilla

mj

This is my favorite chai, always and forever

boychik

You are welcome;) Actually its Terri and Sil style.

This has become a great favorite of mine for mornings. It’s bold enough to stand up to breakfast, but still has a complex and defined flavor profile. Plus, did I mention this chai requires no milk or sweetener? I actually prefer it au naturel. That’s how good it is! Of course, starting with a Golden Snail base, how could it not be? The leaves are the aforementioned adorable snailies plus some spicy chunks :). It just smells warm to me, with ginger definitely coming through as it brews up a golden brown liquor. In the initial sips, ginger is definitely the star. It’s bold without being offensive in any way. Underneath that, buttery baked bread and cardamom really come through in a taste that is extremely close to cardamom rolls (those are a Norwegian thing: kind of like cinnamon rolls but breadier and with cardamom – duh – and savory instead of sweet). As it cools, more the chocolate and honey notes come out to play and the tea becomes much sweeter and more buttery. Yum! If you have the self control to let it cool for a while before drinking (I usually don’t), you will be rewarded with the full flavor profile this delicious tea has to offer.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Cardamon, Chocolate, Ginger, Honey

LOVE this Snaily Chai

mj

Me too!!

TheTeaFairy

Love this one! So effective and so good!

(Hey missy, so glad to see you, missed ya! )

MzPriss

I’m home and happy to be here (missed you too!)

So…our little Snaily has a new playground: spice!

Chai lovers of this world, this is something to try.

I like that this is pretty traditional and not too over the top. Chai blends are often too busy or not enough. This one is an excellent example a true balance.

But there are many other decent chai blends out there…

What makes this one special?

Vanilla beans and Golden Snail.

The naturally creamy base tea paired with the vanilla bean soften greatly all those spices. They are usually bitter when you don’t add milk or sugar. But here, you end up with a dessert-like cup of spicy honeyed goodness, without having to add anything.

And the beauty of this blend is that I can taste all the spices…ginger, cinnamon, clove and cardamom. Add to that the buttery taste of the base tea, and you have something reminiscent of grandma’s apple pie.

Today, we had thundershowers all day. Grey sky, cool temperature. Thought it was the perfect day to try this for the first time.

But the next time I have it will be on a hot day, cold brewed in almond milk with a little maple syrup…mmmm.

Sami Kelsh

Oh, this sounds NICE.

Sarsonator

This sounds super good. I love almond milk chai. But I never tried it with maple syrup, so of course, I’ll be doing that next. :)

MzPriss

This is exactly the way I feel about it. The spices are really balanced – you can taste them all, not just the cinnamon and I love what the vanilla does.

Sarsonator

That’s actually great news for me, HoneyBelle. I generally find that cinnamon overpowers everything, but I am a total sucker for cardamom and I like to be able to taste it!

Cameron B.

But the important question… Is it ginger bonanza?!

MzPriss

Not too much ginger for sure – you don’t get a lot of cardamom either – I am a cardamom freak and I would add a LOT just for me – but there is balance here and it’s good. I like it Terri-style with a little maple

Dexter

(MzPriss – have you tried Cardamon Black from NMTC… I think I’m the only one that LOVES it, but it’s JUST cardamon…)

TheTeaFairy

I agree…the only thing bonanza about this cup is how creamy it is. The spices are there, but they don’t fight with one another.

Sarsonator

Cardamom black???? OMG. Need. That.

boychik

Cameron, Ginger is strong here. I added some milk which I normally don’t do. I like it a lot with maple, without milk. It is strong

TheTeaFairy

Lol, see I don’t get ginger, but not stronger than any other flavours…but I do love ginger, so I guess what is little for me might be a lot for someone sensitive to it.

Terri HarpLady

love me some ginger!

TheTeaFairy

I meant “I do get ginger” in comment above.

Yes terri, me too! And there is definitely some in here. But it’s not overpowering the rest for me.

Nicole

this sounds really excellent

MzPriss

Dexter – I have not tried that but I would LOVE it – I LOVE cardamom!

I don;t find the ginger stronger than anything else – in fact when I make my on chai – I pump up the cardamom and the ginger because those are my two favorite chai spices

Kirkoneill1988

i don’t really like chai tea :(

Finally I got my WP. I was so excited to try this particular blend. It’s new and sounded dreamy from the description. And it is . This chai is very smooth, spices are balanced and so fresh. It is strong. After few sips I decided to add some milk and touch of maple syrup. Delicious. Second resteep@ 4 min as good as first one. What makes this chai special is wonderful Bi Luo Chun base which never gets astringent or bitter.
I prefer it with some maple syrup, no milk needed.

yyz

Yum! I’m also glad you got your teas!

Yum, I love the bi luo chun. :D

boychik

Thank you. Me too. But it’s difficult to find the time to try them all. I had Sleeping Bear last night. So good especially because Im not huge fan of jasmine. But jasmine in SB is magical, faint but there… Oh well I have to write a note instead of writing here

TheTeaFairy

So glad you got your order!! Can’t wait to try this one, sounds so good :-)
(Also, I’m happy you found “the magic” in SB…)

boychik

Oh, I’m so happy that I got SB. I slept like a baby. Soothing…

yyz

Jasmine is about the only thing that works as a sedative for me.

My WPT package came in today and the first thing I did was open and smell EVERYTHING. I probably looked like a crazy person, huffing tea. I have a keen sense of smell and I swear I caught a buzz haha. After a moment’s deliberation this is the one I chose to try first.

It is smooth, smooth, silky smooth. It opens with notes of sweet vanilla and evergreen trees. There’s the gentle touch of warm spices, like a lover’s fingers on the back of your hand. It’s light and soothing; perfectly balanced. The texture of the liquid is velvety. After the spice I notice a buttery, honeyed flavor coming from the base tea. (I think the comparison to chocolate-filled croissants is appropriate here.) It’s like flaky, buttery croissants kissed by chocolate malt! It’s not an overwhelming flavor—it melds with everything else very nicely—but it washes over your tongue with honey, malt and baked goodness. Seriously, soooo good. I rushed to make another cup as soon as the first was empty. For me, resteep value is a good indicator of quality chai. (If the second steep of any tea doesn’t compare to the first, it seems a waste.)

Aaaand it’s still as good as the first cup! I’m in HEAVEN! Melting butter, stronger chocolate notes, vanilla and honey, spice still there! I love this! It’s wonderfully balanced. It’s everything I want, everything I need in a chai. This is perfection.

Brenden you are seriously awesome.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Cedar, Chocolate, Creamy, Honey, Pine, Smooth, Spices, Sweet, Vanilla

kimquat

I leave for work in fifteen minutes, and I literally walked over to my housemate’s front door JUST to make her try this tea. She wasn’t there. So I made her husband try this tea.

And he liked it.
:D

Marzipan

Do you make yours with milk on the stove?

kimquat

No. I drink my chai straight without milk.
I prefer it that way, unless it’s not that good..then I use the stovetop method and sweeten it a LOT.

Hahaha, I love those times where you just MUST share tea with someone :D

Cameron B.

I always open and smell everything when I get a tea order! :D We’re huffers!

Me too! She missed out. (:

If you can’t try EVERYTHING in one day, might as well smell all of it, right? It’s all in the nose! Third steep STILL delicious, by the way. This is the best day ever.

MzPriss

Cries because mine isn’t here yet…

I cannot wait
Excellent review!

TheTeaFairy

This sounds amazing…I join MzPriss for the cry of the century…

Right???? I NEEEEED it

Dexter

(Mine isn’t here either – oh wait I didn’t order this one, but I did get the chocolate chai – does that count?)

totally counts

TheTeaFairy

… And you know I’ll put some in your next box :-)

Dexter

LOL of course you will – did I not JUST get a box from you with a bunch of WP samples….

TheTeaFairy

Yes, but this one is a must,..I can feel it. (From afar at Customs)

Cathy Zheng

Now I definitely have to try WP

New blend! :-D

Enjoy the immeasurable riches of this golden chai fit for the Gods!

""Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied—
“If you seek for Eldorado!”

-Edgar Allen Poe

Cameron B.

Sounds amazing! I thought you should, uh, have a 4th of July sale now… ;)

Veronica

Placed my order. :)

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Hmm…10% off sitewide begins right now! :)

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Ohhh you just missed it :( Sorry!

Veronica

That’s ok. Given the limited amount I’m glad I ordered when I did! :)

:) Thanks for the order!

MzPriss

We need one of those pneumatic tube thingies like at the bank between Texas and Michigan. It would make things faster and simpler.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

So true! Hmmmm…maybe…I know someone that might have a jet… ;)

MzPriss

Of course it would also have to go to Canada too

Thomas Edward(Toad)

I might have to put in an extra little order for this one ;)

TheTeaFairy

Please get this baby here ASAP!!! Send the tube over here you guys, thanks for thinking of your Canadian girl here :-)