Chinese Black Tea, Tahitian Vanilla
Almond, Blackberry, Chocolate, Cocoa, Vanilla, Alcohol, Apple, Apple Skins, Artichoke, Ash, Astringent, Baked Bread, banana, Bark, Beany, Bergamot, Berry, Bitter, Black Currant, Blood orange, Dark Bittersweet, Dill, Grain, Raisins, Cherry, Creamy, Dark Chocolate, Malt
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Imagine breaking off the tip of the worlds most decadent chocolate bar and letting it melt on your tongue…smooth, creamy chocolate with the most beautiful sweet finish…Imagine then walking outside in the cool spring air and plucking perfectly-ripe sweet cherries straight from the tree. Mmm, sweet indulgences don’t get much better than that. Inspired by fresh sweet cherries and the highest quality artisan chocolates in the world, I present to you, Cocoa Amore.

Blended with two rich and chocolaty black teas and the irresistible cherry-chocolate notes of top-grade Tahitian vanilla beans, Cocoa Amore is pure decadence. The aroma of the dry and wet leaf is pure cherry chocolate with a hint of malt. The flavor is unimaginably smooth with creamy melting chocolate and rich vanilla fudge. An ever-present cherry note stands out in front of the warm barley sugar background. Light mineral notes play through the sip along with a light hint of sweet cinnamon and a malty finish. Later infusions are just as creamy and rich, eventually presenting a beautiful powdery mouthfeel reminiscent of cocoa powder.

Sexy, smooth and sweet, Cocoa Amore manages to push the complexity and richness of medium-bodied tea far beyond our wildest dreams. Enjoy this beautiful dessert tea anytime, guilt free.

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

This was an excellent tea that I will have to order more of eventually. I have way too much tea. This one didn’t even make it into my cupboard as I only bought an ounce. This was good. It had a lot of complex notes. The cocoa and chocolate were prominent. I almost thought they added chocolate, but it is not listed as such. The vanilla flavor is there too, that they added. There are also notes of almonds and sweet notes such as blackberry or black currant. This is already one of my favorite black teas and I have only had it once. I would resteep it but unfortunately, I have to watch my caffeine intake.

I steeped this once in an 18oz teapot with 200 degree water and 3 tsp leaf for 3 min.

Flavors: Almond, Blackberry, Chocolate, Cocoa, Vanilla

It’s good.

Flavors: Alcohol, Almond, Apple, Apple Skins, Artichoke, Ash, Astringent, Baked Bread, banana, Bark, Beany, Bergamot, Berry, Bitter, Black Currant, Blackberry, Blood orange

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 1 OZ / 29 ML
Gabriel byrne

It’s good.

I like this it, highly recommended for all.

Finally I got to try this tea after hearing loads of amazing reviews. I wasn’t sure if I would love it since I’ve only started liking some black teas recently (very few) but from the description it seemed I would. I only got a sample size. In the bag it smelled so good: chocolate & vanilla. Mmmmmm. Brewed it according to Brenden’s directions. It was so chocolatey! It’s hard to believe that comes from the tea only. I could smell it and taste it. Yum! It also had notes that were similar to a Li-Shan black tea I’ve had before: bready, sweet , malty. couldn’t pick up any cherry notes but that may be because of my untrained palate. However, I also didn’t get much or any vanilla notes. I tried to shake the sample up a bit to distribute the vanilla pieces but maybe I just didn’t get any in the spoon. I could definitely smell vanilla in the bag but it didn’t come through in the taste. The tea was excellent but holding off rating until I have this again. It may just be a fluke that I didn’t get any vanilla notes.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Not supposed to be able to taste the vanilla :-)

The tahitian vanilla i use adds fruity notes and heavily accentuates the chocolate notes. I try to blend it delicately enough for the vanilla to be almost unnoticeable.

Cameron B.

I didn’t enjoy this one as much as Golden Orchid because I miss the vanilla! I’m a vanilla lover. :P

Ubacat

Oh! I thought everyone was getting chocolate, vanilla, & cherry. It’s still an amazing tea but only a bit disappointed because I was hoping for that vanilla flavour (or notes).

Cameron B- I’m trying GO today so will find out the difference!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Tahitian vanilla in this isn’t your usual vanilla. The taste of the vanilla by itself is actually more chocolate and cherry than vanilla, which is totally weird. haha

GO uses madagascar vanilla, which is what most people associate the flavor of vanilla to. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on GO! :-)

Cheri

I love this tea much better than GO myself. I do get vanilla notes, but I’ve had Tahitian vanilla before and loved it. It does have a different vanilla note, but I still think of it as vanilla. It made it seem more creamy, too, I think. Shrug

Cheri was kind and generous enough to provide me with a sample of this (pricey) tea! Thanks so much, dear! The leaves are black, long, quite thin, and twisty. They definitely look similar to Fujian Black and Ailaoshan Black, the two teas that make up this blend. Dry scent is very chocolatey with sweet vanilla, yum yum! Cheri’s sample was about 2 teaspoons, so I just used the whole thing and used slightly more water (10 oz versus 8 oz) to compensate. I let it steep for 3 minutes.

Once brewed, it smells very strongly of grain and bread with plenty of malt. There’s also lovely chocolate and sweet vanilla with a bit of dried fruit (from the Ailaoshan I presume). I must say, I was expecting much more vanilla in the taste… The strongest notes are heavy grain and bread with that dill/caraway flavor that I often get with Fujian teas. There’s also a lot of dark bitter cocoa flavor and a touch of dark dried fruits (maybe raisins or prunes). I am surprised to not find much vanilla here, and I’m also surprised that this tea comes off are more savory than sweet to me. I’m partially relieved that I don’t love it based on the price, and partially worried that I’m missing something that other people are tasting… Lol.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Dark Bittersweet, Dill, Grain, Raisins, Vanilla

Cheri

I’m glad you enjoyed it. It’s okay not to love a tea that everyone else seems to love.

Cameron B.

Thanks for letting me try it! :D

boychik

it maybe water. i didnt try this one. I dont find any chocolate on Ailaoshan either. Fruits yes, chocolate – no. Ailashan is a little soapy to me. not in a bad way, i still like it. it reminds me Taiwanese blacks.

Cameron B.

boychik, I don’t really get chocolate from Ailaoshan either. I think it’s the Fujian that contributes most of the cocoa notes here. :)

According to the Steepster Chat Room, this should be my evening cup. I really like the name of this tea. It smells fantastic… very much like a rich, creamy chocolate. There are notes of fruit, and a bit of malt from both bases. The flavour makes me think of a really good hot chocolate with a light cherry/ chocolate dessert in a rich graham cracker crust, and a bit of creamy vanilla ice cream. And now I’m hungry.

Thanks Cheri for letting me try this.

Flavors: Cherry, Chocolate, Cocoa, Creamy, Vanilla

TheTeaFairy

This is ridiculously good.

I made it through the 2nd week of teaching classes, & although it was a very very busy action packed week, it went by quickly & was good :)
I’m rewarding myself with this cup of awesomeness. Thick & rich, I steeped 1 T x 3min/5min resteep.
A worthy reward!

Oh BTW, my favorite vendor on Ali Express, Make Friends by Tea, has all their yixings at 10% off…just thought some of you would like to know!

MzPriss

I have some of this in your future box, so you can keep rewarding yourself.

Sarsonator

You are a bad, bad Terri! :)

Oh god…

TheTeaFairy

Oh! i saw a tiny wee pot!!

NofarS

Oh no…

Terri HarpLady

Add to that, one of my wedding clients just paid me through paypal, so I have money…

want this tea and those pots. that is all.

Terri HarpLady

(evil smile of satisfaction)

On the plus side? Working overnight meant no time for tea shopping….only just getting home…get to sleep for a couple hours before I have to go to the Toronto version of he the wedding we missed…and then it’s home to test tomorrow night before I pack, so that I can get up tomorrow and hop on a plane to a vendor meeting that will keep me occupied until Tuesday night…. Lol

Terri HarpLady

Oh well, we. Have lots of tea! And when you come to visit, you can have samples of everything in my cupboard that you don’t have at home ;)

hahaha i foresee needing an extra suitcase…

I got another sample of this tea from another most generous Steepsterite! Thank you SO much! And this time I even brewed it properly, LOL.

Man, I have to be honest here…I didn’t WANT this one to live up to be hype. I didn’t WANT to fall in love! But alas, this tea is everything everyone says about it and more. Seriously ridiculously good. I had a couple of non-tea drinkers taste my cup, and they really thought there was some chocolate in there! Nope, just two insanely good black teas and some vanilla beans. sigh I combined steeps one and two in a hot-to-go mug. I got notes of cocoa, tart cherries, pastry, malt…even some powdered sugar notes. GAH! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO GOOD!!! Sigh. Expensive tea but worth it. I’m a convert! Maybe my fave black tea of all time now??? Ambrosia!

starts saving pennies

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
boychik

I don’t need to read this ;)

TheTeaFairy

Hehehe! Makes me so happy to read this note. Ambrosia is accurate :-)

Tea Sipper

Oh man.. sounds so so good.

Ubacat

Oh,man Whispering Pines is one company I’ll have to order from when they have a sale. All these amazing reviews drive me crazy!!!

MzPriss

Its my very favorite black tea thing. Its incomparable.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Ubacat, would 15% off sitewide help you make your decision?

It might….

My first Whispering Pines package arrived! GO should hopefully arrive tomorrow. I can’t wait to try it. Can’t. Wait!

In the meantime, this tea is fantastic! It reminds me of Laoshan Black with the dark chocolate aroma/taste and the tea is very flavorful and rich. So glad I was able to try it as it will need to be a reorder for sure. I asked my husband if he wanted to partake. He sniffed the bag he gave me a thumbs up. I was hesitant to make a whole big pot if he didn’t like it because it isn’t the cheapest tea. He laughed and replied, “Enjoy it! Are you saving it for the Dutchess or something?” Lol, but he does have a point. I am always so inclined to horde tea that I really love and I need to stop. So I steeped a large teapot worth and was glad for it. I’d rather spend the moola to have a lot of a tea that I really love than a lot of teas that I am meh about.

I will post a more in-depth review when I have some time later this week, but it is rich, dark chocolately, and malty with a touch of sweet fruitiness. Yum! I tried it straight and with agave added and it is quite good both ways- the flavor profile is more notably chocolate with nothing added and the cherry profile makes more of an appearance with sweetener. Great tea!

Flavors: Cherry, Dark Chocolate, Malt

Whispering Pines Tea Company

I always prefer resteeping multiple small pots worth instead of making one big pot of something :) You can get at least 3 good steeps out of this one, too!

Nightshifter

Oh, that’s good to know! I am not the best at resteeping normally (don’t tell the avid resteepers), but I will try it next time. :)

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Hehe, MzPriss and TheTeaFairy never resteeped until they tried some of my teas that resteep AMAZINGLY (Golden Orchid, Cocoa Amore, Port, pretty much the entire Vanilla Dreams Collection). I even find that I like the second infusion more quite often!

mj

lollerskates

Cameron B.

Lol, epic. Crazy Eyes is terrifying.