Chinese Black Tea, Tahitian Vanilla
Cherry, Chocolate, Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Flowers, Forest Floor, Grass, Vanilla, Almond, Blackberry, Baked Bread, Dark Bittersweet, Dill, Grain, Raisins, Creamy, Malt, Smooth, Sweet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Imagine breaking off the tip of the worlds most decadent chocolate bar and letting it melt on your tongue…smooth, creamy chocolate with the most beautiful sweet finish…Imagine then walking outside in the cool spring air and plucking perfectly-ripe sweet cherries straight from the tree. Mmm, sweet indulgences don’t get much better than that. Inspired by fresh sweet cherries and the highest quality artisan chocolates in the world, I present to you, Cocoa Amore.

Blended with two rich and chocolaty black teas and the irresistible cherry-chocolate notes of top-grade Tahitian vanilla beans, Cocoa Amore is pure decadence. The aroma of the dry and wet leaf is pure cherry chocolate with a hint of malt. The flavor is unimaginably smooth with creamy melting chocolate and rich vanilla fudge. An ever-present cherry note stands out in front of the warm barley sugar background. Light mineral notes play through the sip along with a light hint of sweet cinnamon and a malty finish. Later infusions are just as creamy and rich, eventually presenting a beautiful powdery mouthfeel reminiscent of cocoa powder.

Sexy, smooth and sweet, Cocoa Amore manages to push the complexity and richness of medium-bodied tea far beyond our wildest dreams. Enjoy this beautiful dessert tea anytime, guilt free.

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Thank you steepster for introducing me to so many amazing teas.

Flavors: Cherry, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Vanilla

I have to say that I might have got over zealous on my first brewing and added too much tea. The liquor came out too bitter for my taste. So second try here we go: It’s a lovely aroma, vanilla, cream, cocoa powder, dark chocolate and hint cherry, somewhat earthy, malty note. It has a bit of a mineral taste, and I was expecting it to be sweeter, richer, more full bodied. On the second steeping it has an earthy, grassy, forest taste, very vegital. Like sweet fresh cut grass, and flowers of some sort. I added some sweetener and it brings out the lovely desert notes. Over all great tea.

I had to revisit this note… I really want to love this one, but It just doesn’t do it for me. It smells really Fantastic, but lacks in body and balance. I add extra tea in hopes to get more taste out of it but it comes out bitter. I think Whispering Pines is either hit or miss for me, unfortunately this one is a miss.

Flavors: Cherry, Chocolate, Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Flowers, Forest Floor, Grass

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Sexy, smooth and sweet. That’s the best word to describe this tea. I enjoyed it one afternoon and it taste great. Apparently, lots of my friends agreed with me too.

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 11 OZ / 325 ML

Thanks to Phi for giving me some of this! It’s been on my wish list for ages.

I had enough to try this gong fu style and western style. The dry leaf smells awesome: dark chocolate with a hint of malt and maybe some dark cherry. I got four steeps out of this gong fu style. They all tasted similar, except that subsequent steeps were fainter and mellower. Dominant notes were milk chocolate and, weirdly, cotton candy. But chocolatey cotton candy. It sounds terrible but was actually delicious. Still, I liked this better western-style. I added a teaspoon of turbinado cane sugar and it amplified the flavors beautifully. It’s just creamy dark chocolate-covered cherries. I can’t pick out the vanilla flavor per se but I think that’s where the creaminess comes from. Nom nom nom.

Cocoa Amore… The tea that I have probably pined over the longest. I remember first joining Steepster and seeing it up there at the top of the rankings and thinking, “Now that sounds like my kind of tea.” Sadly, it was out of stock every time I went to look for it or make an order. Even this time, I went to order it, and shortly after is when Whispering Pines had the Great Tea Flood of 2016. But, Brenden came through and was able to get it shipped out a few weeks after some recovery time.

My first thoughts upon smelling the bag of this is chocolate covered cherry cordial. Heavier on the cocoa/chocolate smell with the cherry being underneath. Very intoxicating.

I brewed Western style, per the suggestions, and I was very happy with what came out. I may have had a lighter hand on the tea but it still had a really nice cocoa flavor with a light cherry underneath. I think if I pushed the leafing a little more that these flavors would be a bit more pronounced.

I was only able to do two steeps (again, the light handedness of the leafing) but they were both very enjoyable. I am really happy that I finally have this tea in my possession. I just want to bathe in the scent of the leaves and Tahitian vanilla.

Flavors: Cherry, Chocolate, Vanilla

Cocoa Amore is a tasty and healthy drink that i would suggest and prefer. Its really yummy and no words to explain about its taste.

buyessaysusa

Yes… I have tried it. I have passion in preparing new dishes.

…and then I remembered that this one isn’t flavoured, other than the vanilla beans. Drinking this one today, that made it all the more amazing. Plain black tea that suggests rich, dark chocolate and black cherries? To the extent that the first time I drank it, I just assumed it had to be flavoured? It’s right here.

My appreciation of this one just zoomed up the scale. It’s an excellent dessert tea.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Cocoa Amore is great. I could not justify buying it for myself, so I asked for an ounce of it as a present. My main complaint about most teas of this kind is that people describe them as tasting like cherries, by which they usually mean the combination of chocolate and almond flavors are evocative of “the idea of cherries” or “cherry cordials” which do not actually taste like cherries. There is a fruitiness certainly, but cherry is a very specific taste, and I have not picked it up in this at all. I would maybe buy it again, but it is so ridiculously expensive that it is really hard to justify such an exorbitant expense. I brew it probably with more tea, and for a longer time than you’re supposed to, I sometimes add a little milk but not always, though I do always add a touch of sweetener as it brings out the maltiness. The results are always pretty satisfactory, and I would recommend it if you feel like paying for it.

I am naming today Sample Sunday for myself. Even though I have a new Liquid Proust order I want to dig into, I feel the need to clear out some of the samples and small amounts of tea that I’ve accumulated either through purchases from fellow Steepsterites or with past orders as they are getting older and cluttering my tea space.

First up Whispering Pines that I believe TeaNTeas was kind enough to give me a taste of when she told some of her stash.

The leaf of this smells wonderful. It’s kind of sweet and hinting at cocoa possibly. The leaf itself is long and kind of curly. The first few sips leave me feeling a smooth feels in my mouth. This is not what I expected based on the name, I could add sweetener to see if I can find the flavor. However, it is quite pleasant with no additions. It is very comforting. I can’t really place any flavor other than smooth black tea. I feel lucky to have tried this.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I think I was sold on the chocolate description and this tea is for someone looking for a very subtle version of this tea’s marketing. Maybe it’s just me, but that was oversold. I wouldn’t have bought it if I had known.