Chinese Black Tea, Tahitian Vanilla
Baked Bread, Dark Bittersweet, Dill, Grain, Raisins, Vanilla, Cherry, Chocolate, Cocoa, Creamy, Dark Chocolate, Malt
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

• “Finally I got to try this tea after hearing loads of amazing reviews. I wasn't sure if I would love it since I've only started liking some black teas recently (very few) but from the description...” Read full tasting note
    Ubacat 223 tasting notes
  • “*Cheri* was kind and generous enough to provide me with a sample of this (pricey) tea! Thanks so much, dear! The leaves are black, long, quite thin, and twisty. They definitely look similar to...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 461 tasting notes
  • “According to the Steepster Chat Room, this should be my evening cup. I really like the name of this tea. It smells fantastic... very much like a rich, creamy chocolate. There are notes of fruit,...” Read full tasting note
    Lariel 397 tasting notes
  • “I made it through the 2nd week of teaching classes, & although it was a very very busy action packed week, it went by quickly & was good :) I'm rewarding myself with this cup of awesomeness. Thick...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2945 tasting notes

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Imagine breaking off the tip of the worlds most decadent chocolate bar and letting it melt on your tongue…smooth, creamy chocolate with the most beautiful sweet finish…Imagine then walking outside in the cool spring air and plucking perfectly-ripe sweet cherries straight from the tree. Mmm, sweet indulgences don’t get much better than that. Inspired by fresh sweet cherries and the highest quality artisan chocolates in the world, I present to you, Cocoa Amore.

Blended with two rich and chocolaty black teas and the irresistible cherry-chocolate notes of top-grade Tahitian vanilla beans, Cocoa Amore is pure decadence. The aroma of the dry and wet leaf is pure cherry chocolate with a hint of malt. The flavor is unimaginably smooth with creamy melting chocolate and rich vanilla fudge. An ever-present cherry note stands out in front of the warm barley sugar background. Light mineral notes play through the sip along with a light hint of sweet cinnamon and a malty finish. Later infusions are just as creamy and rich, eventually presenting a beautiful powdery mouthfeel reminiscent of cocoa powder.

Sexy, smooth and sweet, Cocoa Amore manages to push the complexity and richness of medium-bodied tea far beyond our wildest dreams. Enjoy this beautiful dessert tea anytime, guilt free.

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Finally I got to try this tea after hearing loads of amazing reviews. I wasn’t sure if I would love it since I’ve only started liking some black teas recently (very few) but from the description it seemed I would. I only got a sample size. In the bag it smelled so good: chocolate & vanilla. Mmmmmm. Brewed it according to Brenden’s directions. It was so chocolatey! It’s hard to believe that comes from the tea only. I could smell it and taste it. Yum! It also had notes that were similar to a Li-Shan black tea I’ve had before: bready, sweet , malty. couldn’t pick up any cherry notes but that may be because of my untrained palate. However, I also didn’t get much or any vanilla notes. I tried to shake the sample up a bit to distribute the vanilla pieces but maybe I just didn’t get any in the spoon. I could definitely smell vanilla in the bag but it didn’t come through in the taste. The tea was excellent but holding off rating until I have this again. It may just be a fluke that I didn’t get any vanilla notes.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Not supposed to be able to taste the vanilla :-)

The tahitian vanilla i use adds fruity notes and heavily accentuates the chocolate notes. I try to blend it delicately enough for the vanilla to be almost unnoticeable.

Cameron B.

I didn’t enjoy this one as much as Golden Orchid because I miss the vanilla! I’m a vanilla lover. :P

Ubacat

Oh! I thought everyone was getting chocolate, vanilla, & cherry. It’s still an amazing tea but only a bit disappointed because I was hoping for that vanilla flavour (or notes).

Cameron B- I’m trying GO today so will find out the difference!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Tahitian vanilla in this isn’t your usual vanilla. The taste of the vanilla by itself is actually more chocolate and cherry than vanilla, which is totally weird. haha

GO uses madagascar vanilla, which is what most people associate the flavor of vanilla to. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on GO! :-)

Cheri

I love this tea much better than GO myself. I do get vanilla notes, but I’ve had Tahitian vanilla before and loved it. It does have a different vanilla note, but I still think of it as vanilla. It made it seem more creamy, too, I think. Shrug

Cheri was kind and generous enough to provide me with a sample of this (pricey) tea! Thanks so much, dear! The leaves are black, long, quite thin, and twisty. They definitely look similar to Fujian Black and Ailaoshan Black, the two teas that make up this blend. Dry scent is very chocolatey with sweet vanilla, yum yum! Cheri’s sample was about 2 teaspoons, so I just used the whole thing and used slightly more water (10 oz versus 8 oz) to compensate. I let it steep for 3 minutes.

Once brewed, it smells very strongly of grain and bread with plenty of malt. There’s also lovely chocolate and sweet vanilla with a bit of dried fruit (from the Ailaoshan I presume). I must say, I was expecting much more vanilla in the taste… The strongest notes are heavy grain and bread with that dill/caraway flavor that I often get with Fujian teas. There’s also a lot of dark bitter cocoa flavor and a touch of dark dried fruits (maybe raisins or prunes). I am surprised to not find much vanilla here, and I’m also surprised that this tea comes off are more savory than sweet to me. I’m partially relieved that I don’t love it based on the price, and partially worried that I’m missing something that other people are tasting… Lol.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Dark Bittersweet, Dill, Grain, Raisins, Vanilla

Cheri

I’m glad you enjoyed it. It’s okay not to love a tea that everyone else seems to love.

Cameron B.

Thanks for letting me try it! :D

boychik

it maybe water. i didnt try this one. I dont find any chocolate on Ailaoshan either. Fruits yes, chocolate – no. Ailashan is a little soapy to me. not in a bad way, i still like it. it reminds me Taiwanese blacks.

Cameron B.

boychik, I don’t really get chocolate from Ailaoshan either. I think it’s the Fujian that contributes most of the cocoa notes here. :)

According to the Steepster Chat Room, this should be my evening cup. I really like the name of this tea. It smells fantastic… very much like a rich, creamy chocolate. There are notes of fruit, and a bit of malt from both bases. The flavour makes me think of a really good hot chocolate with a light cherry/ chocolate dessert in a rich graham cracker crust, and a bit of creamy vanilla ice cream. And now I’m hungry.

Thanks Cheri for letting me try this.

Flavors: Cherry, Chocolate, Cocoa, Creamy, Vanilla

TheTeaFairy

This is ridiculously good.

I’m rewarding myself with this cup of awesomeness. Thick & rich, I steeped 1 T x 3min/5min resteep.
A worthy reward!

Oh BTW, my favorite vendor on Ali Express, Make Friends by Tea, has all their yixings at 10% off…just thought some of you would like to know!

MzPriss

I have some of this in your future box, so you can keep rewarding yourself.

Sarsonator

You are a bad, bad Terri! :)

Oh god…

TheTeaFairy

Oh! i saw a tiny wee pot!!

NofarS

Oh no…

Terri HarpLady

Add to that, one of my wedding clients just paid me through paypal, so I have money…

want this tea and those pots. that is all.

Terri HarpLady

(evil smile of satisfaction)

On the plus side? Working overnight meant no time for tea shopping….only just getting home…get to sleep for a couple hours before I have to go to the Toronto version of he the wedding we missed…and then it’s home to test tomorrow night before I pack, so that I can get up tomorrow and hop on a plane to a vendor meeting that will keep me occupied until Tuesday night…. Lol

Terri HarpLady

Oh well, we. Have lots of tea! And when you come to visit, you can have samples of everything in my cupboard that you don’t have at home ;)

hahaha i foresee needing an extra suitcase…

I got another sample of this tea from another most generous Steepsterite! Thank you SO much! And this time I even brewed it properly, LOL.

Man, I have to be honest here…I didn’t WANT this one to live up to be hype. I didn’t WANT to fall in love! But alas, this tea is everything everyone says about it and more. Seriously ridiculously good. I had a couple of non-tea drinkers taste my cup, and they really thought there was some chocolate in there! Nope, just two insanely good black teas and some vanilla beans. sigh I combined steeps one and two in a hot-to-go mug. I got notes of cocoa, tart cherries, pastry, malt…even some powdered sugar notes. GAH! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO GOOD!!! Sigh. Expensive tea but worth it. I’m a convert! Maybe my fave black tea of all time now??? Ambrosia!

starts saving pennies

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
boychik

I don’t need to read this ;)

TheTeaFairy

Hehehe! Makes me so happy to read this note. Ambrosia is accurate :-)

Tea Sipper

Oh man.. sounds so so good.

Ubacat

Oh,man Whispering Pines is one company I’ll have to order from when they have a sale. All these amazing reviews drive me crazy!!!

MzPriss

Its my very favorite black tea thing. Its incomparable.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Ubacat, would 15% off sitewide help you make your decision?

It might….

My first Whispering Pines package arrived! GO should hopefully arrive tomorrow. I can’t wait to try it. Can’t. Wait!

In the meantime, this tea is fantastic! It reminds me of Laoshan Black with the dark chocolate aroma/taste and the tea is very flavorful and rich. So glad I was able to try it as it will need to be a reorder for sure. I asked my husband if he wanted to partake. He sniffed the bag he gave me a thumbs up. I was hesitant to make a whole big pot if he didn’t like it because it isn’t the cheapest tea. He laughed and replied, “Enjoy it! Are you saving it for the Dutchess or something?” Lol, but he does have a point. I am always so inclined to horde tea that I really love and I need to stop. So I steeped a large teapot worth and was glad for it. I’d rather spend the moola to have a lot of a tea that I really love than a lot of teas that I am meh about.

I will post a more in-depth review when I have some time later this week, but it is rich, dark chocolately, and malty with a touch of sweet fruitiness. Yum! I tried it straight and with agave added and it is quite good both ways- the flavor profile is more notably chocolate with nothing added and the cherry profile makes more of an appearance with sweetener. Great tea!

Flavors: Cherry, Dark Chocolate, Malt

Whispering Pines Tea Company

I always prefer resteeping multiple small pots worth instead of making one big pot of something :) You can get at least 3 good steeps out of this one, too!

Nightshifter

Oh, that’s good to know! I am not the best at resteeping normally (don’t tell the avid resteepers), but I will try it next time. :)

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Hehe, MzPriss and TheTeaFairy never resteeped until they tried some of my teas that resteep AMAZINGLY (Golden Orchid, Cocoa Amore, Port, pretty much the entire Vanilla Dreams Collection). I even find that I like the second infusion more quite often!

mj

lollerskates

Cameron B.

Lol, epic. Crazy Eyes is terrifying.

OH
MY
GOODNESS!!!!!!

100 tasty tea points for this one on steepster lol

Frolic

Yes! Succinct but so very true.

Cheri

This is an outstanding tea.

Yes, so f** good!!!

Stephanie

Dang, I gotta try it soon!!!

Cheri

Stephanie, it’s going in the mail hopefully in the morning.

It’s soooooooo good

Squeeeee!

Je t’aime Cocoa Amore! (I know I know I’m mixing my French and Italian)

The smell of juicy sweet plump cherries wafts up from this tea upon opening the bag followed by rich sweet chocolate.

I drank this after several steeps of GO and was nervous about expanding into the full world of Vanilla Dreams? What if I’d built it up in my mind? What if GO was a one off fluke and I just bought all this tea that wouldn’t live up to the promise Golden Orchid made me?

But my Amore, she did not disappoint. In fact… * gasp * I may indeed like her even better than GO. She is even more intense and passionate. Like a sexy flamenco dancer dressed in vibrant red.

I drank 4 infusions of CA and though it morphed and evolved it never got weak. Those luscious chocolate cherries. I had my last cup over 4 hours ago and it’s flavor is fresh in my mind. In all her desserty glory it never forgets that she is first and for most a tea. The chocolate and cherry rises organically from the tea, enhancing it not masking it.

I’m already in bed, ready to go to sleep but I want to go make another cup of this so badly. It’s going to take a lot of self restraint to stay in bed and not wander into the kitchen in the middle of the night.

Wow. Just wow.

Thank you steepster for introducing me to so many amazing teas.

Flavors: Cherry, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Vanilla

TheTeaFairy

Yay!!! Now you understand :-) and great review!!

mj

Awesome review :-) It makes me want to try this even more!

Sounds dreamy

Frolic

Yes Tea Fairy you have made me a true convert just through your reviews!

It truly is dreamy. I’m drinking another cup right now and it’s even better than I remembered it.

TheTeaFairy

Haha! Frolic, I love converting people to WP, it’s an easy thing to do :-) so happing you like it as much as I do…I even bought a poster of it, that how much I love it! Now you must try port, it’s back in stock in case you haven’t notice ;-)

Frolic

I saw that but sadly I’m banned from buying any more tea for quite some time so no Port for me :(

I will enjoy the many nommy teas I already own though and there will be a time for Port.

TheTeaFairy

Yes, very wise, keep it for a special time frolic, it is worth all your attention :-)

Frolic

That’s what I’m learning with WP teas. They are to be sipped and savored.

When I read that it was best to let GO age a bit and notice how it’s flavor profile evolves the first thought in my head was “how will I ever be able to make this oz last more than a week!”

Now I know that these are amazingly satisfying teas. It may take some will power to not just gulp down the nommy richness, but it will be it’s own reward.

Helene

Can we get this tea in Canada?

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Hi Helene! WP Teas are available exclusively through www.whisperingpinestea.com. Shipping to Canada is $10 up to $75 and then free :-)

Helene

Thank you, I have never heard of your company before. I will look at your website. I can live with $10 shipping tea if the tea is worth buying :)

TheTeaFairy

Oh, Helene…it IS worth it, beleive me!!!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Helene, here’s a 15% off coupon for first-time customers :-) “sip-inspiration”

Helene

Hubby worked in LA for 5 yrs and now is in Asia. It’s too back I did not know about Whispering Pines Tea Co before, I would have shipped him so tea. I will take the 15% off coupon, that will help. Thanks so much!

Helene

Would you tell me how many cups of tea will I get from this Cocoa Amore please?

Helene

I meant if I order 1 ounce of this tea.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

If you do the recommended 3 infusions, Cocoa Amore will give you at approximately 36 cups worth per ounce.

Helene

Thanks for the answer. Can we order this tea in smaller bags?

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Unfortunately I can’t offer samples of Cocoa Amore, but I can give you a money-back guarantee that it’s delicious! :)

Helene

That’s great, I’m sure I would love it anyway :)

I just re-read my previous review of this tea.

Yes, it still reminds me of Up North. So much. This time, I can almost imagine the cherry, but I’m still not sure I’m getting it.

Chocolate, though, I’m getting by the boatload. Deep, dark, rich chocolate. And vanilla. And lusciousness.

YUM!

But I know when I will be Up North next this time. Later this week. And I think I will take some of this tea so I can drink it there. Now that sounds perfect.