Chinese Black Tea, Tahitian Vanilla
Chocolate, Cocoa, Vanilla, Almond, Blackberry, Alcohol, Apple, Apple Skins, Artichoke, Ash, Astringent, Baked Bread, banana, Bark, Beany, Bergamot, Berry, Bitter, Black Currant, Blood orange, Dark Bittersweet, Dill, Grain, Raisins, Cherry, Creamy, Dark Chocolate, Malt
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Imagine breaking off the tip of the worlds most decadent chocolate bar and letting it melt on your tongue…smooth, creamy chocolate with the most beautiful sweet finish…Imagine then walking outside in the cool spring air and plucking perfectly-ripe sweet cherries straight from the tree. Mmm, sweet indulgences don’t get much better than that. Inspired by fresh sweet cherries and the highest quality artisan chocolates in the world, I present to you, Cocoa Amore.

Blended with two rich and chocolaty black teas and the irresistible cherry-chocolate notes of top-grade Tahitian vanilla beans, Cocoa Amore is pure decadence. The aroma of the dry and wet leaf is pure cherry chocolate with a hint of malt. The flavor is unimaginably smooth with creamy melting chocolate and rich vanilla fudge. An ever-present cherry note stands out in front of the warm barley sugar background. Light mineral notes play through the sip along with a light hint of sweet cinnamon and a malty finish. Later infusions are just as creamy and rich, eventually presenting a beautiful powdery mouthfeel reminiscent of cocoa powder.

Sexy, smooth and sweet, Cocoa Amore manages to push the complexity and richness of medium-bodied tea far beyond our wildest dreams. Enjoy this beautiful dessert tea anytime, guilt free.

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

So I fiiiiiiiiiiiiinally made time to sit down and treat myself to a cup of this tea. I was so excited to open the bag and, I must say, I was not disappointed by the smell. It smells so much like chocolate and vanilla. Really wonderful smell – something like a really chocolate-y fudge or a particularly vanilla-tinged brownie.

Though the wet leaves don’t smell nearly as good (still got the vanilla, but that generic roast/black tea smell has kicked in), the infusion itself smelled wonderful – still super sweet and so much vanilla :D

I can see what a couple of other reviewers meant about this being quite delicate – after drinking Verdant’s Zhu Rong for so long, particularly with their pretty extreme steeping conditions, I did find it a much gentler cup. But that definitely isn’t a complaint. It had hot chocolate, vanilla and fudge like notes. It’s exceptionally smooth, with little-to-no astringency. And so much vanilla, especially in the after taste. It just lingered for a few wonderful moments.

The vanilla and cocoa notes seemed to come through much more strongly as it cooled, too – once it got down to a really sippable temperature, it was much stronger and really flavoursome. Still on the mild-side of black teas, but definitely not in a way that is negative. It’s just light and sweet, like (I suppose) any good vanilla dessert ought to be!

Delightful. I’ll definitely be drinking this again soon :D

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Vanilla

I’m getting chocolate, blackberry, and vanilla. This tea is so robust and tasty. An absolute must-try.

With some high-quality and relatively complex teas, I can’t really manage to detect all the notes and flavours written in the description. Undertrained palate probably.

But THIS. Fudge, cherries, cocoa powder, malt, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, mineral, barley sugar… I could taste them ALL. Even in the second infusion.

And I was sad when told that someone had thrown out the leaves before I could use them for a third steep. I don’t even usually resteep.

Simply put, I love this a lot and am very grateful for its existence in the universe.

Nightshifter

Isn’t it magical? :)

I figured that i might as well splurge on having this one today since i had time for a couple resteeps and because it’s close to being finished. I really do want to keep on getting my cupboard in order – i’m thinking maybe a goal of 50 for the end of next year heh I enjoy this one, though with the discussion taking place about quality vs price this one comes to mind. I have a hard time justifying prices like this one tea, EVEN if it’s a tea that i can resteep and rather enjoy. Mainly because 9 times out of 10, unless i’m doing a puerh session, i don’t want resteeps. I want a different cup of tea. and secondly, there are other teas that are “nearly as delicious” that are half the price. So the majority of the time, i’m ok with those other teas. What i do like, is being able to splurge occasionally on more expensive, quality teas as a treat. So that i take the time to slow down and really enjoy them when i have them. This is one of those teas that falls in to that category. I really like it, but it’ll never be a permanent tea in my cupboard. Rather, i’ll rotate it in when i want a treat :)

Tealizzy

I just got Cocoa Amore…haven’t tried it yet, but I feel the same way…it took me a long time to get this one because of the price, but I decided to splurge this time to treat myself. :)

OMGsrsly

WHOA. 50 teas? Is that really enough selection? ;)

Ysaurella

it’s out of stock now but it was 17,25 USD for which quantity ? Cannot find the information on their website.

Fjellrev

It is per 1 oz., Ysaurella. Pretty steep. :/

50 teas is crazy talk!

every thing on the website is sold by 1oz quantities – there’s no discount on 2+ ounces

50 isn’t crazy talk….i got down to 80 this year…from like 200+

Ysaurella

17,25 for 1 oz is indeed very expensive. The quality of the vanilla used by WPC should so be outstanding.

Ysaurella

thanks for the information girls

I was inspired to get this tea because it’s so highly ranked on Steepster! (and have since become very excited about the offerings from Whispering Pines.) My first thought when I opened the bag was that it smelled just like a chocolate brownie. I was surprised by how delicate it actually is given how strong, dark and rich the scent is. It strikes me as sweet, mellow and floral with hints of brownie.

Flavors: Chocolate

This was an excellent tea that I will have to order more of eventually. I have way too much tea. This one didn’t even make it into my cupboard as I only bought an ounce. This was good. It had a lot of complex notes. The cocoa and chocolate were prominent. I almost thought they added chocolate, but it is not listed as such. The vanilla flavor is there too, that they added. There are also notes of almonds and sweet notes such as blackberry or black currant. This is already one of my favorite black teas and I have only had it once. I would resteep it but unfortunately, I have to watch my caffeine intake.

I steeped this once in an 18oz teapot with 200 degree water and 3 tsp leaf for 3 min.

Flavors: Almond, Blackberry, Chocolate, Cocoa, Vanilla

It’s good.

Flavors: Alcohol, Almond, Apple, Apple Skins, Artichoke, Ash, Astringent, Baked Bread, banana, Bark, Beany, Bergamot, Berry, Bitter, Black Currant, Blackberry, Blood orange

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 1 OZ / 29 ML

I like this it, highly recommended for all.

Finally I got to try this tea after hearing loads of amazing reviews. I wasn’t sure if I would love it since I’ve only started liking some black teas recently (very few) but from the description it seemed I would. I only got a sample size. In the bag it smelled so good: chocolate & vanilla. Mmmmmm. Brewed it according to Brenden’s directions. It was so chocolatey! It’s hard to believe that comes from the tea only. I could smell it and taste it. Yum! It also had notes that were similar to a Li-Shan black tea I’ve had before: bready, sweet , malty. couldn’t pick up any cherry notes but that may be because of my untrained palate. However, I also didn’t get much or any vanilla notes. I tried to shake the sample up a bit to distribute the vanilla pieces but maybe I just didn’t get any in the spoon. I could definitely smell vanilla in the bag but it didn’t come through in the taste. The tea was excellent but holding off rating until I have this again. It may just be a fluke that I didn’t get any vanilla notes.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Not supposed to be able to taste the vanilla :-)

The tahitian vanilla i use adds fruity notes and heavily accentuates the chocolate notes. I try to blend it delicately enough for the vanilla to be almost unnoticeable.

Cameron B.

I didn’t enjoy this one as much as Golden Orchid because I miss the vanilla! I’m a vanilla lover. :P

Ubacat

Oh! I thought everyone was getting chocolate, vanilla, & cherry. It’s still an amazing tea but only a bit disappointed because I was hoping for that vanilla flavour (or notes).

Cameron B- I’m trying GO today so will find out the difference!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Tahitian vanilla in this isn’t your usual vanilla. The taste of the vanilla by itself is actually more chocolate and cherry than vanilla, which is totally weird. haha

GO uses madagascar vanilla, which is what most people associate the flavor of vanilla to. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on GO! :-)

Cheri

I love this tea much better than GO myself. I do get vanilla notes, but I’ve had Tahitian vanilla before and loved it. It does have a different vanilla note, but I still think of it as vanilla. It made it seem more creamy, too, I think. Shrug

Cheri was kind and generous enough to provide me with a sample of this (pricey) tea! Thanks so much, dear! The leaves are black, long, quite thin, and twisty. They definitely look similar to Fujian Black and Ailaoshan Black, the two teas that make up this blend. Dry scent is very chocolatey with sweet vanilla, yum yum! Cheri’s sample was about 2 teaspoons, so I just used the whole thing and used slightly more water (10 oz versus 8 oz) to compensate. I let it steep for 3 minutes.

Once brewed, it smells very strongly of grain and bread with plenty of malt. There’s also lovely chocolate and sweet vanilla with a bit of dried fruit (from the Ailaoshan I presume). I must say, I was expecting much more vanilla in the taste… The strongest notes are heavy grain and bread with that dill/caraway flavor that I often get with Fujian teas. There’s also a lot of dark bitter cocoa flavor and a touch of dark dried fruits (maybe raisins or prunes). I am surprised to not find much vanilla here, and I’m also surprised that this tea comes off are more savory than sweet to me. I’m partially relieved that I don’t love it based on the price, and partially worried that I’m missing something that other people are tasting… Lol.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Dark Bittersweet, Dill, Grain, Raisins, Vanilla

Cheri

I’m glad you enjoyed it. It’s okay not to love a tea that everyone else seems to love.

Cameron B.

Thanks for letting me try it! :D

boychik

it maybe water. i didnt try this one. I dont find any chocolate on Ailaoshan either. Fruits yes, chocolate – no. Ailashan is a little soapy to me. not in a bad way, i still like it. it reminds me Taiwanese blacks.

Cameron B.

boychik, I don’t really get chocolate from Ailaoshan either. I think it’s the Fujian that contributes most of the cocoa notes here. :)