Chinese Black Tea, Tahitian Vanilla
Cherry, Dark Chocolate, Vanilla, Chocolate, Cocoa, Almond, Blackberry, Alcohol, Apple, Apple Skins, Artichoke, Ash, Astringent, Baked Bread, banana, Bark, Beany, Bergamot, Berry, Bitter, Black Currant, Blood orange, Dark Bittersweet, Dill, Grain, Raisins, Creamy, Malt
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

• “Sad, sad sipdown. (101) This tea is amaze. Expensive, but amaze. It's 17.25/oz USD, which means that it's a little over $21 CDN PER OZ. /0\ It was a great tea, but I don't think I can ever...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1706 tasting notes
  • “I was going to review this tea a few days ago but never got around to it. Today, though I have time to sit down and think about what I need to say about this tea. If you are in a hurry and do not...” Read full tasting note
    Tippy's Tea 24 tasting notes
  • “This was a yummy treat! It definitely has rich chocolate flavor without being sweet or cloying. To my palate, it was not overly complex, but it was still delicious and I will enjoy it immensely. ” Read full tasting note
    TreeGal 28 tasting notes
  • “Ack!!! I put this to steep and then my phone rang. 8 minutes later I remembered my tea. I was horrified! That beautiful tea, over-steeped and probably bitter! I tend to prefer weaker, milder tea...” Read full tasting note
    maddyb 37 tasting notes

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Imagine breaking off the tip of the worlds most decadent chocolate bar and letting it melt on your tongue…smooth, creamy chocolate with the most beautiful sweet finish…Imagine then walking outside in the cool spring air and plucking perfectly-ripe sweet cherries straight from the tree. Mmm, sweet indulgences don’t get much better than that. Inspired by fresh sweet cherries and the highest quality artisan chocolates in the world, I present to you, Cocoa Amore.

Blended with two rich and chocolaty black teas and the irresistible cherry-chocolate notes of top-grade Tahitian vanilla beans, Cocoa Amore is pure decadence. The aroma of the dry and wet leaf is pure cherry chocolate with a hint of malt. The flavor is unimaginably smooth with creamy melting chocolate and rich vanilla fudge. An ever-present cherry note stands out in front of the warm barley sugar background. Light mineral notes play through the sip along with a light hint of sweet cinnamon and a malty finish. Later infusions are just as creamy and rich, eventually presenting a beautiful powdery mouthfeel reminiscent of cocoa powder.

Sexy, smooth and sweet, Cocoa Amore manages to push the complexity and richness of medium-bodied tea far beyond our wildest dreams. Enjoy this beautiful dessert tea anytime, guilt free.

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

Sad, sad sipdown. (101)
This tea is amaze.
Expensive, but amaze.
It’s 17.25/oz USD, which means that it’s a little over $21 CDN PER OZ. /0\

It was a great tea, but I don’t think I can ever justify buying more of it, unless my financial situation changes!

Cavocorax

I’m worried that this box from Sil will double my cupboard.

uh… yeah it probably will

Cavocorax

/0\ Also we have the TEA FESTIVAAAAAL. Can we go for a triple?
No. That would just be utterly ridiculous.

LOL how about double and a half

OMGsrsly

Cavo, it’ll be cool. You’ll be up near me again!

and i will not be there….anywhere near there…

OMGsrsly

Aww Sil. Not joining the ~200 teas party.

NO!! i figure i’ll be at about 150 by the end of this month/tea festival

Cavocorax

Well I’m at 100 now so I’m currently beating you. :P I will gloat for as long as I can!

ashmanra

My daughters are going to the Toronto Tea Festival. It would be so cool if you ran I to each other!

OMGsrsly

But Sil, I thought your goal was 50, not 150… ;)

omg srsly – 50 for december 2015

ASH!!! REALLY!!! Saturday morning is when Cavo; Kittenna and I will be there. I’m open to giving them my number if they want to meet the weirdos…

Cavocorax

Oooh – when will Kittenna be there? Is she meeting with us?

Cavo – We’re going to try and coordinate that next week – i warned her we’re going for early o clock because of prior commitments in the afternoon.

I was going to review this tea a few days ago but never got around to it. Today, though I have time to sit down and think about what I need to say about this tea. If you are in a hurry and do not wish to read on, here is the abridged version; this tea is a marvel.

I opened the packaged and stuck my gigantic nose in; cherries, chocolate and vanilla strike me as the most dominant scents. I first brewed it according to the instructions provided, but then decided that this needed to be enjoyed gong-fu style. This way you really do get to appreciate the fine quality of this tea. Each subsequent infusion provides your palette with a new experience. It’s a taste teeter-totter where the cherry and the chocolate compete for first and second place on your tongue. The first few infusions you get chocolate, nice decadent dark chocolate, and then cherry. But as you get into the second, third and fourth infusion the cherry starts to dominate. I am starting to think that the cherry flavour is actually from the Tahitian vanilla beans. Though this tea has now informed my brain what flavour I was tasting in the wild mountain black. It was cherry! Anyway Brendan has really, really shown himself to be an adept tea blender. Picking very good ingredients, and then blending these guilefully in such a way to produce such complexity of flavour. It’s a wonderful thing. And something we aspire towards. Though on the flip side, it’s really hard to fuck things up when your ingredients are epic to begin with. So I don’t know if I’m impressed by the ability to source ingredients, to blend, or to conceptualize then implement.

The only down side to this tea is that it is expensive. But like a fine single malt scotch, teas such as these should be savoured. I know as well as anyone how expensive some of these teas can get. Not to mention that vanilla is the second most expensive spice in the world, with Tahitian vanilla being some of the more expensive varieties. I don’t think this tea can be achieved at a lower cost though. It would be difficult. But with amount of infusions you can get from this tea, and the enjoyment one receives from consuming such a work, it’s worth it!

Flavors: Cherry, Dark Chocolate, Vanilla

M

I really want to try this one. Maybe next time I order!

Ack!!! I put this to steep and then my phone rang. 8 minutes later I remembered my tea. I was horrified! That beautiful tea, over-steeped and probably bitter! I tend to prefer weaker, milder tea because I can’t bear even a hint of bitterness, so I steep at the shorter end of the scale.

But no! The taste is stronger, but not bitter. Still enjoyable even at an 8 minute first steep. I think I enjoy this tea more with every cup.

Another tea I couldn’t resist trying. This one smells quite similar to Golden Orchid, though the base is obviously different once brewed – I can taste some chocolatey undertones, and the vanilla is less prominent. I definitely prefer Golden Orchid, both because I love that strong vanilla, and because I’ve had more chocolatey blacks and wish one of them was the base instead. Overall though, tasty enough.

Amariel

Golden Orchid is certainly yummy. And I agree with you that I prefer the vanilla over chocolate.

whatshesaid

This makes me not regret not spending the exorbitant amount of money to buy this tea! Because I already have and love Golden Orchid :)

Stephanie

I prefer this over Golden Orchid

I haven’t yet reviewed this, though I’ve had it a couple of times. It is a really great tea. For a tea only flavored with vanilla beans, it tastes remarkably like cherry, almond, vanilla and cocoa. I like it without any additions, as it is quite rich. Reminds me of a European pastry! Yesterday, I shared a pot with my mom and little bro. They both liked it, as expected, and my bro said he liked it because it was subtle-ly flavored! Quite the palate on that one!

So, I’m finally nearing the end of my bag of this really delicious tea. It’ll definitely be sad to see it go – today was yet another fantastic cup with all of those vanilla, chocolate and fudge notes that I’ve been enjoying so much.

As with some of the other WP teas I bought (though certainly not all of them), this was too expensive for me to keep a regular stock of. But I know I’ll certainly treat myself to it again, in future – for an indulgent, dessert-like tea, I’ve not yet come across anything more delicious! :D

I’m getting chocolate, blackberry, and vanilla. This tea is so robust and tasty. An absolute must-try.

With some high-quality and relatively complex teas, I can’t really manage to detect all the notes and flavours written in the description. Undertrained palate probably.

But THIS. Fudge, cherries, cocoa powder, malt, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, mineral, barley sugar… I could taste them ALL. Even in the second infusion.

And I was sad when told that someone had thrown out the leaves before I could use them for a third steep. I don’t even usually resteep.

Simply put, I love this a lot and am very grateful for its existence in the universe.

Nightshifter

Isn’t it magical? :)

I figured that i might as well splurge on having this one today since i had time for a couple resteeps and because it’s close to being finished. I really do want to keep on getting my cupboard in order – i’m thinking maybe a goal of 50 for the end of next year heh I enjoy this one, though with the discussion taking place about quality vs price this one comes to mind. I have a hard time justifying prices like this one tea, EVEN if it’s a tea that i can resteep and rather enjoy. Mainly because 9 times out of 10, unless i’m doing a puerh session, i don’t want resteeps. I want a different cup of tea. and secondly, there are other teas that are “nearly as delicious” that are half the price. So the majority of the time, i’m ok with those other teas. What i do like, is being able to splurge occasionally on more expensive, quality teas as a treat. So that i take the time to slow down and really enjoy them when i have them. This is one of those teas that falls in to that category. I really like it, but it’ll never be a permanent tea in my cupboard. Rather, i’ll rotate it in when i want a treat :)

Tealizzy

I just got Cocoa Amore…haven’t tried it yet, but I feel the same way…it took me a long time to get this one because of the price, but I decided to splurge this time to treat myself. :)

OMGsrsly

WHOA. 50 teas? Is that really enough selection? ;)

Ysaurella

it’s out of stock now but it was 17,25 USD for which quantity ? Cannot find the information on their website.

Fjellrev

It is per 1 oz., Ysaurella. Pretty steep. :/

50 teas is crazy talk!

every thing on the website is sold by 1oz quantities – there’s no discount on 2+ ounces

50 isn’t crazy talk….i got down to 80 this year…from like 200+

Ysaurella

17,25 for 1 oz is indeed very expensive. The quality of the vanilla used by WPC should so be outstanding.

Ysaurella

thanks for the information girls