Chinese Black Tea, Tahitian Vanilla
Cherry, Dark Chocolate, Vanilla, Chocolate, Cocoa, Almond, Blackberry, Alcohol, Apple, Apple Skins, Artichoke, Ash, Astringent, Baked Bread, banana, Bark, Beany, Bergamot, Berry, Bitter, Black Currant, Blood orange, Dark Bittersweet, Dill, Grain, Raisins, Creamy, Malt, Smooth, Sweet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Imagine breaking off the tip of the worlds most decadent chocolate bar and letting it melt on your tongue…smooth, creamy chocolate with the most beautiful sweet finish…Imagine then walking outside in the cool spring air and plucking perfectly-ripe sweet cherries straight from the tree. Mmm, sweet indulgences don’t get much better than that. Inspired by fresh sweet cherries and the highest quality artisan chocolates in the world, I present to you, Cocoa Amore.

Blended with two rich and chocolaty black teas and the irresistible cherry-chocolate notes of top-grade Tahitian vanilla beans, Cocoa Amore is pure decadence. The aroma of the dry and wet leaf is pure cherry chocolate with a hint of malt. The flavor is unimaginably smooth with creamy melting chocolate and rich vanilla fudge. An ever-present cherry note stands out in front of the warm barley sugar background. Light mineral notes play through the sip along with a light hint of sweet cinnamon and a malty finish. Later infusions are just as creamy and rich, eventually presenting a beautiful powdery mouthfeel reminiscent of cocoa powder.

Sexy, smooth and sweet, Cocoa Amore manages to push the complexity and richness of medium-bodied tea far beyond our wildest dreams. Enjoy this beautiful dessert tea anytime, guilt free.

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

I received this tea packet around my Birthday last month and saved it for a special occasion.

I prepared the tea in my Gaiwan.
Rinsed the leaves quickly two times.

The perfume from the wet leaves was one of those rare experiences.
Powdery, sweet, very floral…carnation and orchid with honeysuckle
but not funeral flowers…not nauseating floral overload.

This was the best floral scent in the World! Love and life smells like this! It was breathtaking! If you were walking on the outskirts of heaven barefoot, the scent that would rise up would be this scent…I’m certain.

I took a sip of tea and the aroma was so wrapped up in the flavor that they were the same. Floral, incense, sweet and smooth with a little buttery mouth-feel.

No astringency, no dryness. No acidity or vegital flavor.
NICE!

Incredible Tea! Hot, warm, cold…the same. Gorgeous.

Thank you for this tea which has made this 40th Birthday celebration of my daughter Annalisa even more memorable.

Here’s a picture I took on the way home today of some Snow Geese on the frozen part of a small lake in Central Park. THOUSANDS come through here every year!!!

This is very tasty. It is definitely chocolate plus fruit to me. A darker chocolate, though the first steep is pretty sweet. The second steep is definitely dark chocolate with fruit. Even though it is lighter, it is more dry for sure. I am really glad to have this and that I tried it, though I probably won’t be breaking my neck to keep it around all the time.

Sad, sad sipdown. (101)
This tea is amaze.
Expensive, but amaze.
It’s 17.25/oz USD, which means that it’s a little over $21 CDN PER OZ. /0\

It was a great tea, but I don’t think I can ever justify buying more of it, unless my financial situation changes!

Cavocorax

I’m worried that this box from Sil will double my cupboard.

uh… yeah it probably will

Cavocorax

/0\ Also we have the TEA FESTIVAAAAAL. Can we go for a triple?
No. That would just be utterly ridiculous.

LOL how about double and a half

OMGsrsly

Cavo, it’ll be cool. You’ll be up near me again!

and i will not be there….anywhere near there…

OMGsrsly

Aww Sil. Not joining the ~200 teas party.

NO!! i figure i’ll be at about 150 by the end of this month/tea festival

Cavocorax

Well I’m at 100 now so I’m currently beating you. :P I will gloat for as long as I can!

ashmanra

My daughters are going to the Toronto Tea Festival. It would be so cool if you ran I to each other!

OMGsrsly

But Sil, I thought your goal was 50, not 150… ;)

omg srsly – 50 for december 2015

ASH!!! REALLY!!! Saturday morning is when Cavo; Kittenna and I will be there. I’m open to giving them my number if they want to meet the weirdos…

Cavocorax

Oooh – when will Kittenna be there? Is she meeting with us?

Cavo – We’re going to try and coordinate that next week – i warned her we’re going for early o clock because of prior commitments in the afternoon.

I was going to review this tea a few days ago but never got around to it. Today, though I have time to sit down and think about what I need to say about this tea. If you are in a hurry and do not wish to read on, here is the abridged version; this tea is a marvel.

I opened the packaged and stuck my gigantic nose in; cherries, chocolate and vanilla strike me as the most dominant scents. I first brewed it according to the instructions provided, but then decided that this needed to be enjoyed gong-fu style. This way you really do get to appreciate the fine quality of this tea. Each subsequent infusion provides your palette with a new experience. It’s a taste teeter-totter where the cherry and the chocolate compete for first and second place on your tongue. The first few infusions you get chocolate, nice decadent dark chocolate, and then cherry. But as you get into the second, third and fourth infusion the cherry starts to dominate. I am starting to think that the cherry flavour is actually from the Tahitian vanilla beans. Though this tea has now informed my brain what flavour I was tasting in the wild mountain black. It was cherry! Anyway Brendan has really, really shown himself to be an adept tea blender. Picking very good ingredients, and then blending these guilefully in such a way to produce such complexity of flavour. It’s a wonderful thing. And something we aspire towards. Though on the flip side, it’s really hard to fuck things up when your ingredients are epic to begin with. So I don’t know if I’m impressed by the ability to source ingredients, to blend, or to conceptualize then implement.

The only down side to this tea is that it is expensive. But like a fine single malt scotch, teas such as these should be savoured. I know as well as anyone how expensive some of these teas can get. Not to mention that vanilla is the second most expensive spice in the world, with Tahitian vanilla being some of the more expensive varieties. I don’t think this tea can be achieved at a lower cost though. It would be difficult. But with amount of infusions you can get from this tea, and the enjoyment one receives from consuming such a work, it’s worth it!

Flavors: Cherry, Dark Chocolate, Vanilla

M

I really want to try this one. Maybe next time I order!

This was a yummy treat! It definitely has rich chocolate flavor without being sweet or cloying. To my palate, it was not overly complex, but it was still delicious and I will enjoy it immensely.

I need a comfort tea!!! Yesterday we had our first real snowfall of the year and my car got stuck in the parking lot. I had to shovel my way out, and after I finally got settled back home I noticed my right shoulder was sore. I thought I was just out of shape and went on with my day. This morning it hurt quite a bit when I got up. I must have slept on it wrong. But as the day went on, it hurt more and more. The skin was warm and tender to the touch. I couldn’t tell if it was swollen or not. I called my doctor and was able to get in this afternoon to see her. (Gotta love it when that happens!) Turns out I might have torn my rotator cuff. When she said that I imagined a gaping 6 inch tear. But apparently it is a millimeter or less. She gave me a sling and a fancy gel ice pack and told me to take Tylenol for pain. I’m allergic to naproxin, aspirin and ibuprofen, which is a shame, because they do a better job at reducing swelling. So I’m drinking this tea because it’s a comfort. I’m feeling very sorry for myself tonight. Even knitting hurts. Sometiems life just isn’t fair, is it. Luckily,this tea is delicious.

OMGsrsly

Aww, that sucks! Hope it heals up quickly.

Maddy Barone

Thanks! The doc said it could be a month or more. I’m pretty sure I won’t wear the sling that long. it’s driving me nuts! LOL

Anlina

Ouch! Heal up fast!

Another tea I couldn’t resist trying. This one smells quite similar to Golden Orchid, though the base is obviously different once brewed – I can taste some chocolatey undertones, and the vanilla is less prominent. I definitely prefer Golden Orchid, both because I love that strong vanilla, and because I’ve had more chocolatey blacks and wish one of them was the base instead. Overall though, tasty enough.

Amariel

Golden Orchid is certainly yummy. And I agree with you that I prefer the vanilla over chocolate.

whatshesaid

This makes me not regret not spending the exorbitant amount of money to buy this tea! Because I already have and love Golden Orchid :)

Stephanie

I prefer this over Golden Orchid

I haven’t yet reviewed this, though I’ve had it a couple of times. It is a really great tea. For a tea only flavored with vanilla beans, it tastes remarkably like cherry, almond, vanilla and cocoa. I like it without any additions, as it is quite rich. Reminds me of a European pastry! Yesterday, I shared a pot with my mom and little bro. They both liked it, as expected, and my bro said he liked it because it was subtle-ly flavored! Quite the palate on that one!

So, I’m finally nearing the end of my bag of this really delicious tea. It’ll definitely be sad to see it go – today was yet another fantastic cup with all of those vanilla, chocolate and fudge notes that I’ve been enjoying so much.

As with some of the other WP teas I bought (though certainly not all of them), this was too expensive for me to keep a regular stock of. But I know I’ll certainly treat myself to it again, in future – for an indulgent, dessert-like tea, I’ve not yet come across anything more delicious! :D

I’m getting chocolate, blackberry, and vanilla. This tea is so robust and tasty. An absolute must-try.