Chinese Black Tea
Berry, Cherry, Eucalyptus, Malt, Baked Bread, Plums, Muscatel, Sweet Potatoes, Dark Chocolate, Grain, Honey, Raisins, Cocoa, Caramel, Cherry Wood, Oak wood, Wood, Chocolate, Floral, Burnt Sugar, Molasses, Sweet, Yams, Mint, Toast, Cream, Salt, Custard, Earth, Stonefruits, Thick
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Whispering Pines Tea Company

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

If I were the Mad Hatter, what tea would I serve to the Jabberwocky? Perhaps the uffish beast would enjoy something chocolaty? Maybe a finish of eucalyptus would soothe his frumious mind! Mind you, with teeth like snicker-snack’s there would be no turning back so it must be pleasing to the eyes! Purple, green, brown between, so pretty his eyes will gyre! So through the tulgey forest I shall brew and pour us a beautiful cup of the most beautimus tea that he will ever see. I must say – the slithy toves will run away, the jubjub bird will feel okay, and at brillig under the tumtum tree, the Jabber and me will sip some tea! He will chortle and the manxome beast will burble out that he is pleased and the days of worrying that he will eat you will be far away – oh frabjous day!

No more mimsy cups of tea! The Jabberwocky is strong and smooth with a full mouth of wildflower nectar and honey drizzled on a fresh french baguette with a light hint of salt. The middle of the sip hints at creamy chocolate and plum dipped in luscious silky caramel. The finish is strong of camphor and eucalyptus and leaves your mouth feeling fresh and wanting more! The beautiful wet leaves are light brown, mottled with green and purple, and emit the aroma of honey, camphor, and a cool mineral freshness reminiscent of standing at the edge of a raging river. Enjoy the strong qi of this smooth and silky brew anytime of the day, and don’t worry about over-brewing…we knew that the Jabberwocky didn’t like bitterness or astringency, so you won’t find either in this cup!

Ingredients: Fujian Black Tea, Ailaoshan Black Tea, Wild Arbor Yunnan Black Tea

Notes: Honey, Nectar, Salted Caramel, Camphor, Eucalyptus, Cocoa, Stonefruit, French Bread

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

This is, of course, one of White Rabbit’s favorite teas. After all, ’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand;
Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

“And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”
He chortled in his joy.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
I think that says it all.

Flavors: Berry, Cherry, Eucalyptus, Malt

I had this tea this morning in anticipation of another whispering pines order and it was more fabulous than I remember. It was both sweet and savory, complex, and just plain delectable. Maybe I just had the perfect amount of leaf this time (5g). I dunno! All I know is that it was great!

No more mimsy cups of tea, indeed! I have been on the prowl lately for pure back teas that are strong enough for breakfast but interesting enough for me to enjoy at anytime of day – this is definitely one of those. In the first steeping, I’m getting that lovely french bread flavor with an underlying taste of plum. Plus, with a name like The Jabberwocky, what’s not to love here?

Flavors: Baked Bread, Plums

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is quite interesting. The first brewing had a nice woodsy taste to it and would be ideal to sip inside during the winter. The second brewing has that mild puckering taste that comes from the plum notes, which I picked up and my friend did not. This is one of the better black teas I have had thus far but there is still a desire to have a stronger aroma and taste to come out of steeping. I used about 5g of this tea and brewed it for about 5 minutes with water around 208-210 degrees. Overall it was an enjoyable tea to drink between steepings as the flavor changes but I still find myself with a somewhat of a dry taste after finishing cup even when the woodsy notes are gone which is an odd feeling.

This was one glorious week of tea: received my Republic of Tea order on Monday and my Whispering Pine Teas order today, right on time for breakfast. I was a little puzzled by the fact that most of their teas are constantly out of stock but I guess it’s a good sign? And they sell small quantities which is perfect for me considering I always have a hard time finishing all the teas I order…

I’m not really used to Chinese black teas so this is going to be interesting. The Jabberwocky has a very comforting smell. Muscatel and warm bread. I can see myself drinking this for breakfast with French baguette and jams :)

Flavors: Baked Bread, Malt, Muscatel

Thank you Blodeuyn for this!

Oh frabjous day, finally a blend I can brew Gong Fu! Once I heard of this blend I knew that I had to try it. I am a sucker for creativity, and I love it when companies come up with these amazing titles. I like to sit, sip, and escape in my mind to wonder about the inspiration. I believe it adds to the tea experience.

Anyways, I open this long anticipated package to the aroma of muscatel, sweet plums, and stone fruit. I sat and took in this complex scent. The long tendrils were a deep purple and blood red. They wore a small crystalline coating. I brewed these knots in my mini travel gaiwan. I washed the leaves once to allow them to breathe. I then brewed under the parameters of 10,20,15,25,30,50… second intervals. My spring water touched these leaves and released an enticing atmosphere. I breathed in the steam, inhaling the scent of dark cherry, black chocolate, and buckwheat honey. This tea was bold, yet it had a smooth composure. I drank in the complexity of this treat. The initial sip was a hearty sweet potato alongside a silk chocolate. This taste progressed into a slightly darker fruit tone. The aftertaste concluded as a sheng mouthfeel. I could feel my head rising with this brew. I actually did “wow” aloud. Upon finishing my first steeping I inhaled the wet leaves to explore their aroma. They had a deep malt scent with a slight tinge of spice.

This truly is another well rounded blend by this company. I am very impressed. I enjoy most from this brew the fact that the flavor does not simply stay as one solid flavor. This flavor develops by each second. I can distinctly feel the complex tones change and progress. I am very excited to continue exploring this tea and others by this company.

Flavors: Malt, Muscatel, Plums, Sweet Potatoes

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 4 g 75 OZ / 2218 ML

This tea is hitting all the right spots today. It’s sweet, and chocolatey in the same way that Laoshan Black is, but I’m also getting something fruity, like dark cherry and honey from it too. I’ve been savoring this cup for an hour now, and I’m just going to have to resteep it. There’s nothing else to be done.

TheKesser

I love the name of this one :)

My Whispering Pines order came!! First up for review is the Jabberwocky. It smells like plums and roses. It tastes like a toasted sourdough baguette covered in honey. The aftertaste is crisp and fresh. It seems to gain in sweetness as it cools. Overall, this tea is fabulous! I’m so excited to try the others!

the berries are the main character but chocolate and fruits are there as well

I’m sipping this down this morning, after much hoarding :( but it’s the perfect morning for it! It’s sunny out, the flowers are beginning to bloom, and it’s Saturday after a long week! What better way to celebrate than with this delicious tea! I slightly overleafed as I would not have had enough left for a final cup, so today started out a bit stronger in the malt department, but still oh so good. Less honey notes today too and a bit more fruit, so when I order more of this, I will remember to keep the 3 min steeping time but use a bit less leaf :) I am sad this is out, but I see WP was having a sale……..not that I should order more right now, but I am considering it :) see previous notes on this tea!