2012 Giant Steps Old Arbor Puer Blend

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by DigniTea

2 Images

From White 2 Tea

The 2012 White 2 Tea / Taochaju Giant Steps blend was pressed in 2012 with a blend of pure old arbor material from three regions; Mensong, Nannuo, and Laoman’e. The material used ranges from 2008-2012, with both Spring and Fall material being used. It has an intense and durable huigan [sweet aftertaste], with light/medium kuwei [bitterness] and some astringency. This cake is suitable for immediate consumption or storage. The blend was made as a collaboration between White 2 Tea and Taochaju.

About White 2 Tea View company

The cake smells fresh and strong. Smells like flowers, candy also comes to mind. The tea has a long lasting sweetness after the bitterness leaves the mouth – maybe that is where the candy steps in. I put my steep times at the bottom of the rating, but i took some breaks in between some of the steeps. During the breaks there was a really sweet feeling in my mouth, one time for over 20 minutes. This pu has a thick texture, I almost can’t believe the price. I only ordered one cake, but i am going back to get more!

Using 150 ml gaiwan and 10 grams of tea

Steep times were: 5s, 10s, 15s, 30s, 30s, 30s, 40s, 40s, 1 minute

This tea has been in my cup ever since my package came in :)

Possibly my favorite raw tea from ’12!!

Charles Thomas Draper

I ordered the whole cake of this after reading Hobbes blog. {The Half Dipper }

Reminds me of some of my fav Douji blends, but a lot less expensive. It was smooth for a new raw tea but i think some of the tea in the blend has been aged. A little strong in the beginning but overall really sweet