2012 Ruiyuan NanNuo Old Arbor

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by White 2 Tea Co.

From White 2 Tea

This raw puer production is from Ban Po Lao Zhai [village] near Nannuo Shan [mountain]. Made from purely spring material from 70-90 year old trees (considered laoshu as is labeled on the wrapper) this tea is burly. Believers of the philosophy that teas with strength age well will have faith in this puer’s aging potential. Probably too strong for inexperienced drinkers to drink immediately. This production was around 100 kg.

About White 2 Tea View company

I want to age this tea more, but it seems very promising :)

Super strong but also complex!

My sample arrived two days ago and WOWEE was this some good tea. Out of the 5 sites i ordered from, this is without a doubt my favorite tea, and cheaper than some of the others i bought

I found the tea after reading this review

He says it better than i can – so read his notes!

Bought a cake of this with my recent White2tea order, based primarily on a very positive review from the half dipper. It is strong, indeed. Very astringent. Nice amber color, and very generous leaves – meaning it gives up lots and lots of infusions. It gets beautifully clear in later steeps. To the extent that bitterness transforms with aging, this seems like an excellent candidate for long term storage. And if you are a fan of bitter teas, like Lao Man E, you will probably like this one, selling for $40 currently.

Another sample from Paul at White 2 Tea. Once again, the website says it all: …" this tea is burly. Probably too strong for inexperienced drinkers to drink immediately". This is an excellent Sheng in my opinion, but it is definitely not for beginners. The soup is a beautiful golden color. The taste is very burly and I had to cut back my steeping times or I think the astringency would have been over powering. My White 2 Tea 2007 Taochaju Yiwu and 2011 Taochaoju Yiwu Guyun have great kuwei [pleasant bitterness] with a touch of background astringency. This tea is the opposite, a lot of astringency with a touch of background kuwei. Once again, in my opinion only, this is an excellent Sheng. However, if you don’t like astringency or are new to pu’er tea this tea may not be for you.

The website says this tea is burly, but I would describe it as bitter. Tastes like an infused version of my father’s old work pants. Awful. Thankfully it was only a complimentary sample.

First infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz water, 90 deg., 2:00 min.

Second infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz. water, 90 deg., 3:00 min.

Third infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz. water, 90 deg., 4:00 min.

Fourth infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz. water, 90 deg., 5:00 min.

Fifth infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz. water, 90 deg., 10:00+ min.

195 °F / 90 °C 2 min, 0 sec 3 g 6 OZ / 177 ML