2014 White2Tea 46&2

Pu-erh Tea
Cream, Peach, Creamy, Medicinal, Sweet, Tobacco
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolong Owl

From White 2 Tea

The 46&2 cake is pure early 2013 Spring gushu Jingmai material, stored for one year in Jingmai, then pressed in the Spring of 2014. Sweet, thick, and fragrant, the tea has already got a little bit of age. Much smoother than most of the teas from our 2014 production.

About White 2 Tea View company

Amazing Taste must try this taste…..

Great Taste..

This is delicious creamy fruityness. Much less hay than many jingmais I’ve had.

Thank you Cheri for letting me try this one! I got a sample from her right after it sold out on the site (to neither of our knowledge), so had been waiting for an occasion to treat myself to the sample :P

Wonderful and complex and very enjoyable. Thankfully there are enough good Jingmais I am not in tears at how good this is though! It’s peaches and stone fruit with a creamy aftertaste, and it goes down easy but lingers.

Flavors: Cream, Peach

5 g 2 OZ / 60 ML

Dry – Sweet, fruity, refreshing, buttery?, bitter floral and slightly nutty.
Wet – Warm sugar sweetness with very apparent tobacco and some faint smoke, fruits, cream, floral and nutty.
Liquor – Light amber to Amber.

This notes is a summary of two separate sessions in porcelain gaiwan

The first steep in both sessions were sweet and mellow with a fast overtake of the tobacco notes up front. As it went down, the texture was thick/creamy while still wearing the tobacco notes, yet it feels sweeter with fruity and nutty notes.

Following steeps switch to a tobacco front with the sweetness coming in second together with bitter-tobacco and bittersweet floral notes and some nutty and herbaceous hints up front. As it goes down, it has a thick and almost creamy texture, but has some minor astringency to it. The fruity and floral notes a more apparent as the liquor washes down, yet will continue to hold the tobacco notes.

Final steeps are about the same in terms of the notes you find and the order, but much more mellowed down and a refreshing finish easier to detect.

Final Notes

I liked this one, It has strong tobacco notes, but is not overwhelming. I’d say this is definitely stronger than the Repave, but WAY gentler than a Xiaguan the same age would be and has a lasting Huigan.

Flavors: Creamy, Medicinal, Sweet, Tobacco

205 °F / 96 °C 6 g 4 OZ / 130 ML
Jiāng Luo

I really enjoy repave as a daily drinker, wanted to buy a sample of this but he is all out may take a leap of faith and get a cake with my next order but is the 100+/been price tag worth it in your mind or should I just stock up on more repave?

JC

Hi Jiang Luo, I revisted this today before answering. I’d say go for it, if you like the notes I made. The only thing I would say is that the herbaceous notes are still there and add extra astringency as you steep. Worth the price, but if you’d rather have more tea sample the 2013s New Amerykah. Also, if you haven’t get a cake of ‘Apple Scruffs’.

Jiāng Luo

Is the body thick? i see creamy being thrown around by a lot of people which is good in my book. I look for a thick body, unctuous mouthfeel, and lasting sweetness/throat feel in puer. Not sure which is any of those features you would say this cake has. Next order I am getting at least one new amerykah for sure just didn’t know if I should throw a jingmai cake in as well. As for apple scruffs is sold out, besides I am super skeptical of autumn cakes they always seem thin, dainty, a lacking the “x-factor” .

JC

It is thick, but more in the ‘creamy’ side of things as opposed to buttery or oily. It does get more astringent as you drink, but it is a matter of the age, not the lack of thickness. And as far as the Apple Scruffs, I would still recommend it, I would say it is one of the best autumn caske I’ve had. It has life to it, I find most autumns to be a more forward but muted sweetness, almost like an exhausted dancer. Its the same dancer… just not dancing to its fully potential.