2014 White2Tea 46&2

Pu-erh Tea
Creamy, Medicinal, Sweet, Tobacco
Edit tea info Last updated by Awkward Soul

• “*Dry* - Sweet, fruity, refreshing, buttery?, bitter floral and slightly nutty. *Wet* - Warm sugar sweetness with very apparent tobacco and some faint smoke, fruits, cream, floral and nutty....” Read full tasting note
    jcov 152 tasting notes
  • “So this was a sample from the lovely and wonderful *MzPriss*. At first I didn't smell the tobacco, but once it was pointed out, I picked it up right away. I do enjoy this one, but I didn't fall...” Read full tasting note
    Sarsonator 229 tasting notes
  • “I did Sary's combo method for this. The liquor is pale yellow and the aroma to me is almost completely tobacco. Not a strong overwhelming tobacco, but that is the main aroma to me. This is...” Read full tasting note
    mzpriss 137 tasting notes
  • “A fairly smooth young sheng. It is soft and kind of floral, very nice flavor. Bitterness comes through after a few steepings. I think those that like young shengs will find this one very pleasing....” Read full tasting note
    Rdeitz 101 tasting notes

From White 2 Tea

The 46&2 cake is pure early 2013 Spring gushu Jingmai material, stored for one year in Jingmai, then pressed in the Spring of 2014. Sweet, thick, and fragrant, the tea has already got a little bit of age. Much smoother than most of the teas from our 2014 production.

About White 2 Tea View company

Dry – Sweet, fruity, refreshing, buttery?, bitter floral and slightly nutty.
Wet – Warm sugar sweetness with very apparent tobacco and some faint smoke, fruits, cream, floral and nutty.
Liquor – Light amber to Amber.

This notes is a summary of two separate sessions in porcelain gaiwan

The first steep in both sessions were sweet and mellow with a fast overtake of the tobacco notes up front. As it went down, the texture was thick/creamy while still wearing the tobacco notes, yet it feels sweeter with fruity and nutty notes.

Following steeps switch to a tobacco front with the sweetness coming in second together with bitter-tobacco and bittersweet floral notes and some nutty and herbaceous hints up front. As it goes down, it has a thick and almost creamy texture, but has some minor astringency to it. The fruity and floral notes a more apparent as the liquor washes down, yet will continue to hold the tobacco notes.

Final steeps are about the same in terms of the notes you find and the order, but much more mellowed down and a refreshing finish easier to detect.

Final Notes

I liked this one, It has strong tobacco notes, but is not overwhelming. I’d say this is definitely stronger than the Repave, but WAY gentler than a Xiaguan the same age would be and has a lasting Huigan.

Flavors: Creamy, Medicinal, Sweet, Tobacco

205 °F / 96 °C 6 g 4 OZ / 130 ML

So this was a sample from the lovely and wonderful MzPriss.

At first I didn’t smell the tobacco, but once it was pointed out, I picked it up right away. I do enjoy this one, but I didn’t fall in love. So while I’m quite happy, I went with other White2s in today’s order. :)

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 6 OZ / 177 ML

Haven’t tried this one.

Sarsonator

I’d send you some, but I just had enough for one session. It has a real kick at the end, but less pleasant than the New Amerykah. It has potential, though.

TheTeaFairy

Yes, cause falling in love is the most important part ;-)

Well, of course!!!!

Cwyn

Less pleasant than the amerykah? That girl kicked me in the booty, I was drinking shou for two days after that one.

Sarsonator

Yeah, the bitterness was harsher, I thought

Cwyn

Can I ask what you decided to order?

Sarsonator

We got White Whale, New Amerykah 2, and are splitting a cake of the Little Yellow Mark. :)

I did Sary’s combo method for this. The liquor is pale yellow and the aroma to me is almost completely tobacco. Not a strong overwhelming tobacco, but that is the main aroma to me. This is quite sweet and fairly smooth, especially for its age, but I also taste tobacco with a very slight bitterness and no astringency.

It will interesting to see how this turns out in a few years. Just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oVBvxA0mm0

Flavors: Tobacco

Veronica

Ha! Love the video. Haven’t seen that one in quite some time. :)

Sarsonator

LOL! I love your video notes :)

A fairly smooth young sheng. It is soft and kind of floral, very nice flavor. Bitterness comes through after a few steepings. I think those that like young shengs will find this one very pleasing. I like more upfront punchiness, though this is a quality tea for sure.

DigniTea

This one is on the way to me. In your opinion, is it a good candidate to buy and hold for awhile?

Rich

I’m not sure. It doesn’t have much huigan or punch. But it is very high quality and has some character and bitterness. I suppose we are all trying to guess about aging!

Yang-chu

Evidently, Jing-mai are supposed to be quick drinkers, but I’ve got an ‘08, which seems to have improved in just the few months I’ve had it.
I’ll swap you for some Jing-mai 2014 I’ve got that sold out from a company that is only located in Jing-mai only selling Jing-mai, called An-dan, which translates as Peaceful Gall-bladder. I’d like to know how they compare.

Rich

Oh, sorry man, I already put this into my house mix. I’ve been putting my good samples into a mix and I thought this would be a good addition.

An awesome 2014 pu’er! Starts off very smooth and milky. After a few infusions there are pear notes, steamed leaf, charred earth, vegetal and sweet. A little astringency is present in the later steepings. In addition, 46 & 2 has lots of party time pu’er pump to it! I love the smoothness, the flavor notes and the wild tea ride it took me on!

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/2014-white2tea-462-raw-puer-oolong-owl-tea-review/

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Another sample from Paul at White 2 Tea. I will let their website say it: “Sweet, thick, and fragrant, the tea has already got a little bit of age. Much smoother than most of the teas from our 2014 production.” This is the smoothest Sheng I have ever drank. Expensive, but it would be worth every cent!!!

DigniTea

I wanted to thank you for your recent notes on White2Tea. I was curious about Paul’s teas but I had not seen enough comments from those who had tried the teas. Your notes gave me the courage to place an order a few days ago. Thank you – I’m really looking forward to enjoying the teas.