2007 White2Tea Repave

Tea
Earth, Rum, Smoke, Smooth, Floral, Sweet, Tangy, Tobacco, Caramel, Citrus, Astringent
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar

• “This was a potent tea! A small amount of leaves really carried a lot of flavor, and brought a small amount of nice bitterness. The flavor was one that was very new to me and I thoroughly enjoyed...” Read full tasting note
    willis81203 3 tasting notes
  • “oh. hello good tea! I'm drinking this tea as I write, so beware the tea-drunkness. The foil sealed bags worked perfectly as when I opened the packet, I was greeted by a plethora of aromas. ...” Read full tasting note
    sftgfop 149 tasting notes
  • “*Dry* - Bitter-tobacco/wood notes, bittersweet floral notes *Wet* - Bitter-tobacco/wood notes, bitter floral, bittersweet fruit and hints of sweetness and tangy notes. *Liquor* - Amber to copper....” Read full tasting note
    jcov 152 tasting notes
  • “I'm thinking about selling everything I own and starting a tea forest. Method: 6g, 6 oz, 205 degrees, rinse-10-20, sheng yixing Aroma: I was a little nervous because this smelled a bit menthol....” Read full tasting note
    Sarsonator 220 tasting notes

From White 2 Tea

Repave was made with aged puer tea material from 2007, which was stored in Menghai for 7 years prior to being pressed in 2014. The soup is already a dark bronze color, sweet and soft. The material is from Hekai.

About White 2 Tea View company

This was a potent tea! A small amount of leaves really carried a lot of flavor, and brought a small amount of nice bitterness. The flavor was one that was very new to me and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It seemed to have a very satisfying element to it. Maybe that was just because Ive haven’t had too much Pu Erh in the last month… I also found it incredibly intoxicating, sinking me deep into the chair. My mind was buzzing and very relaxed. The color of the liquor was also a beautiful golden color like a brandy or whisky.

Flavors: Earth, Rum, Smoke, Smooth

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 10 g 120 OZ / 3548 ML

oh. hello good tea!

I’m drinking this tea as I write, so beware the tea-drunkness. The foil sealed bags worked perfectly as when I opened the packet, I was greeted by a plethora of aromas. fruity sweet cherries, a faint menthol, and a sweet tobacco. Reminds me of an experiment I did in my undergrad where we transformed Tobacco plants with TMV. When we infected the plants you had to damage the leaves, and that fresh green scent is definitely present in this tea.

Makes me wonder what tobacco blossoms smell like!

The taste is subtle, but sweet, full bodied, and not over-powering. I could see this being an excellent tea in the future. There is a faint bitterness, but I’m not brewing this in the traditional method so all I can really say is that I am enjoying it, and looking forward to the second and third brews of this tea!

New Rating
Price 81.25
Representation 77
Taste 82

80.1 (old ranking 82)

Cwyn

I have a cologne called Tobacco Flowers by Fresh. I have a bit more than half a bottle left, went online to buy more but it is no longer being made. And a more late version of the bottle is going for $200. Maybe I should sell what I’ve got left!

Dry – Bitter-tobacco/wood notes, bittersweet floral notes
Wet – Bitter-tobacco/wood notes, bitter floral, bittersweet fruit and hints of sweetness and tangy notes.
Liquor – Amber to copper.
Gongfu in Porcelain lined Yixing Gaiwan 130ml

The first two steeps had a savory front with tangy and bittersweet floral notes over the gentle tobacco background. As it washed down if feels smooth and has an almost oily texture that coats the tongue with mellow bitter floral notes and faint smoke.

Following steeps are more open and forward but continue to be mellow in character. The front is savory with smoky, bitter-wood/tobacco notes adn floral bitter-sweetness. As it goes down, it continues to coat the tongue with a lightly oily texture that feel smooth, but has a more apparent bitter-tobacco/wood and floral notes, that although more apparent are still somehow gentle.

Later steeps (past 8th-10th) are more faded, but still echo the characteristics of this tea. Most of the notes are cumulative so the tobacco and floral notes and faint smoke linger in the back of the tongue and throat. The huigan is fairly fast yet mellow in taste. Cha qi is present as a warming sentation.

A nice tea, I insist that this to me echos a very gentle Xiaguan or what a Xiaguan/Yiwu blend would taste like in my mind.

Flavors: Floral, Sweet, Tangy, Tobacco

205 °F / 96 °C 7 g 4 OZ / 130 ML
mrmopar

I liked this one pretty well.

JC

it is pretty good. Gentler than I anticipated it would be.

I’m thinking about selling everything I own and starting a tea forest.

Method: 6g, 6 oz, 205 degrees, rinse-10-20, sheng yixing

Aroma: I was a little nervous because this smelled a bit menthol. That’s probably not even exactly right, but it’s close.

Flavor: Oh hello, mild gorgeous thing.

Zoned out.

And I’m back. I keep sipping this and staring off into the distance, picturing myself in a forest of wild tea trees, napping by a stream.

Am I looking dewy? Is this the sheng sweat that mrmopar was talking about?

I have no idea, but I am having a very pleasant reaction to this tea. My heart feels all fluttery and I think my ears may be ringing, ever so slightly.

This one is a winner! It’s going to the top of my White2Tea full cake wishlist.

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 6 OZ / 177 ML
Marzipan

You are so funny.

Oh thank you! :)

I’m drunk on sheng and watching Ghost Shark now. This tea is yummmz!!!!

Cameron B.

Ghost…Shark…?

Sarsonator

You can blame ost for telling me about it. :p

MzPriss

Can we add this to my list Sarsy?

Absolutely, pumpkin pie!

m doing it Rong?

MzPriss

WHY Steepster? WHY? Why do you eat entire sentences?

MzPriss

I was telling you I just had some Teavivre’s gold bud-thingie out of my newky seasoned purple pot and it’s so so good.

MzPriss

sigh. Newly. But at the beginning of the pour it is not good – maybe I’m doing it wrong?

Sarsonator

You mean the pour is not good?

Marzipan

Too much c.

MzPriss

It is once its going but at first it goes everywhere

MzPriss

I have one other one that does that. the other don’t. It’s probably me. Marz – c?

Cameron B.

LOL MARZIPAN! Too good.

Sarsonator

I tilt the cup to meet the teapot a little. Usually works. If it’s still being funky, maybe post on the forum? Someone may have a suggestion.

MzPriss

It does it even when it’s not full >.<

MzPriss

And I still haven’t eaten dinner

Sarsonator

I had a veggie burger. Yumz

MzPriss

Oh I have some of those. And some corn and cheese tamales in the freezer

MzPriss

But right now I’m eating chocolate

Cheri

This tea sounds great, and you guys are silly and making me laugh. I love it.

Cwyn

You got yourself the tea qi.

Oh it was nice, too!!!!

Yah Ima-addict. :P

mj

LOL @ this thread. Want to live in Sarasonator’s tea forest a la Swiss Family Robinson: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gSvAoHjnktM/TKxjXlna9OI/AAAAAAAABW8/FF0q0qnaLTk/s1600/Tobago+Swiss+Tree+1960.jpg
Cuz I don’t rough it

TheTeaFairy

Lol, mj, that’s totally our fashengista in her tea forest, you are too funny!!!

:p Cwyn

OMG mj!!!! That’s perfect!!!!

I am already shenging this AM, Foxy. We will see where I end up today :)

That will be it.

Sarsonator

I’m a bonafide space cadet!

mrmopar

The Chairman ha sent his approval of your tasting notes. He was read this since he can’t personally read and sent a 2 meow response.

Cwyn

When are we getting a pic of the Chairman Meow-er?

Sarsonator

Here’s my Chairman. Mrmopar has his own Chairman :)

Sarsonator

Oh and mrmopar… I tried to get my Chairman Meow to pick my tea the other day. He gave me a stare that said, “whatever human. Bow down to your kitty overlord and get me some treats”

So it didn’t work out well…

Cwyn

That is a corporate executive cat! He definitely has some personality, had to laugh at the lion pose he has got there.

I call that his “Most Interesting Cat in the World” pose :p

Chaiman Meow picked this one 2 times in a row and the chairman knows best. I broke off 10 grams and separated what I broke off into mainly full leaves as this is compressed lightly. I used the Gaiwan also per the chairmans pick on the brewing vessel. I gave a good 5 second rinse to wake everything up. The wet leaf had a touch of ’mustiness" that most teas this age exhibit.
It gives bit of the floral and citrus along with sweetness and an almost caramel touch to it. It also gives the tongue tingle that most older quality teas give. Really nice, not too harsh astringent or bitter considering its age and origin. A really nice one done here. If this is “middle of the road” I think it does a good job.

Flavors: Caramel, Citrus, Floral, Sweet

10 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

well said!

MzPriss

mrmopar – you have a Chairman Meow too? I think Sarsonator’s cat is also named that – and I LOVE that name for a kittie

mrmopar Sarsonator pegged my kitty as Chairman Meow. So I stole it from here.
Sarsonator

Oh my. I don’t know if the world is ready for two Chairman Meows! What if they decide the Earth isn’t big enough for the both of them!?! It could be war, people!!!! LOL

It’s funny that your Chairman picked this one, mrmopar. I’ve been thinking about placing an order with White2 and I wanted to try this! I guess if the Chairman has spoken, I really can’t refuse. All hail the kitty overlord! :)

MzPriss

I love the Kitty Scratch Method.

MzPriss

mrm – did you know that Sarsy has become a raging sheng-head?

Kitty tea randomizer!!! LOL. What’s not to love? :p

It’s true, I have. I’m currently staring at the Yunnan Sourcing site trying not to click “place order”

MzPriss

I ordered a buttload of samples from them and I had to trim my list way back because it was outrageous

Sarsonator

I wish the shipping wasn’t so high. But they don’t have everything I want on the us site.

MzPriss

Yeah the China site is the one for me too. But my stuff came really quick and I only paid $2 more. And I got a purple yixing. Happy.

Sarsonator

Blah. Shipping is half the cost on the us site. Maybe I’ll just buy less.

Cwyn

Plus the package shows up faster, he uses Priority in the US. I always check there first for something before the China site. Trying not to hit Place order for 4 orders of the Wild Purple Dehong black tea.

boychik

you can “play” with shipping. the more you order the shipping kinda stops. so usually i say to myself $20 is max for the ship. and I keep adding to the cart. i think that China site is more economical overall. and better selection. but i try to wait for sales. the discount sometimes equal to free ship. and dont forget you earn loyalty vouchers

Roughage

I do the same, boychik. I keep adding until the shipping tips over my limit and then I remove enough to bring it back down. Then I will try adding samples up to the maximum weight to get best value for money from the shipping. I’m based in the UK, so I don’t worry too much about comparing China with the US site.

Sarsonator

I just made this and I adore it. Chairman Meow absolutely does know best!

This is a sample that Paul sent me. I was drinking it for two days, so it has legs and can go the distance. The dry leaf smells of a light, sweet tobacco. It was loose and easily pulled apart into whole leaves even by hand.

The soup is a strong amber colour and smells slightly smoky. The tea has a solid smoky hit to start with before mellowing to a mix of smoke and astringency that is really pleasant, rounded out by a hint of sweetness that brings the whole experience together. I could see buying a beeng or two of this.

Flavors: Astringent, Smoke, Tobacco

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 10 g 4 OZ / 130 ML
JC

I received a sample of this one, I haven’t tried it yet, but based on your description I should get to it!

Roughage

I think you will like it based on what I know of your preferences. :)

This is another excellent sample from Paul at White 2 Tea. On his Misty Peak website, Nicholas Lozito says that some Chinese don’t drink pu’er until after the second, third or even fifth steepings. I beginning to believe lately that the fourth steeping is the place to start and this tea shows why. The soup has a nice light bronze color and it has a very nice smokey smell. Steeping one has a very strong smokey flavor. After steeping two, a light astringency makes itself present. Steeping threes finds a bit more astringency with a hint of kuwei. It is steeping four and later that the taste of this tea hits its stride. It has a great smokey flavor with an excellent balance between kuwei and astringency. This is another excellent sample that I will be definitely buying in the future!!!

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 5 OZ / 147 ML