2007 White2Tea Repave

Pu-erh Tea
Camphor, Smoke, Tobacco, Wood, Apricot, Pine, Sugarcane, Fruity, Leather, Pleasantly Sour, Sour, Stonefruits, Sweet, Campfire, Green Wood, Malt, Vanilla, Smooth, Black Currant, Jam, Dark Wood, Sweet, warm grass, Dust, Plums, Earth, Rum, Floral, Tangy, Caramel, Citrus, Astringent
Edit tea info Last updated by looseTman

3 Images

From White 2 Tea

Repave was made with aged puer tea material from 2007, which was stored in Menghai for 7 years prior to being pressed in 2014. The soup is already a dark bronze color, sweet and soft. The material is from Hekai.

About White 2 Tea View company

5g, 75-80ml, 185-200F
Wet leaf – smoke and campfire notes. Pale copper brew.
Tastes caramel, cedar, wood, bitter. Some astringency on some steeps, with mellow earthiness appearing later. Very nice.
Thank you for sharing mrmopar!

190 °F / 87 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 80 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

We’ve only just begun…tasting notes later.

The session: https://instagram.com/p/BFQLlTjBUsd/

Updated Tasting Notes:

Ever since I stopped with the tastings from Dark Matter 2016 I’ve found myself having to go to the cupboard and choose teas again. I admit I might be a bit nuts when it comes to picking one so its easy to say avoiding my cupboard and only having to choose from nineteen dark matter teas was nice while it lasted. But alas not so easy now especially since there were many new arrivals during my cold/sick time and during the tastings. To the point…this raw Puerh from white2tea won my OCD battle.

8g of chunky goodness in a 120ml Duan Ni at varying temperatures to find the sweet spot and with quick 10-15s infusions moving up in 5-10s intervals all the way up to a couple minutes.

The dry leaf was heavy on chocolate aromatics especially when placed in the pre warmed pot.

At higher temps, (just under boiling), this went from sour/bitter not unpleasant but like tart cherries or white grapes. At lower temps, (around 190F), like peaches or nectarines. There was a buttery nature to this as well in flavor as well as a creamy mouthfeel. Shades of orange to golden yellow hues as the infusions continued and there were many, (this was a two day tea session). Towards what I thought was the end of the leaf I began to get some awesome butternut squash notes which was a nice surprise to see it still evolving and just as I was about to put a end to it I decided to push it a bit further with high temp and longer steeps and there is where I was totally blown away. The peach returned sweeter and more pronounced than ever like heavy peach syrup with the thick mouthfeel to match. This tea is incredible and wow, what an awesome finish, never losing color, aromatic or flavor completely, (an easy candidate for a last overnight brew or even cold brew).

This is definitely worthy of a cake purchase as I can only see this becoming even more incredible in time.

The leaf has waned but still beautiful:

8 g 4 OZ / 120 ML

1:03 pm Sunday Indianapolis, IN

Yeah I’m going to keep doing the sunny setting at the beginning of my reviews.

Theoretically this is a good tea, right? It’s sweet and delicious. I get that. I didn’t like the smokey flavor and the burning feeling on my throat. It was a little rough. It almost felt like inhaling smoke. I would love this tea if there was a way I could filter this feeling from the tea.

There are plenty of positives though that outweigh the smidgen of negatives. Like I said it is tasty. I like the flavor. I like the qi. Good to good+ amount of qi. I’m feeling stimulated but mostly calm and relaxed. Similar to how the fade makes me feel, but a little more drunk. Several huigans, but nothing crazy. A little bitter but nothing crazy. Maybe that is why people have called it a ‘middle of the road’ puer.

It is cheap enough ($.18/gram) to consider picking up a cake or two and waiting a few years to see if it gets rid of the smokey, throat scratch/burn feeling. But since the tea is this old and still exhibits this, I probably won’t buy more to find out.

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 8 g 5 OZ / 140 ML
Brian

hey! i’m in indy too. we should meet up and brew sometime.

Please keep things friendly and .

I had a small session of this last night with 5g/60ml, today I’m upping the ante at 10g/125ml

So far I’m really enjoying this tea. The smell I get from the dry (and a bit in the wet) leaf is one I really like but can’t quite put my finger on. Maybe an odd mix of minty licorice? That doesn’t sound right.. I hope the smell stays with time.

Anyways this tea only has a tiny bit of bitterness and has a lingering sweetness. I have to admit I needed a food break after the first 3 steeps, and I discovered that this isn’t a pleasant one to drink cold. So far I haven’t found it to have much in terms of what some people might call cha qi. The tea soup is a nice amber color.

I’m enjoying it and I’m glad I got a cake. I think it will be a nice borderline daily drinker tea.

Liquid Proust

This stuff is really good; if you haven’t ever had any bangdong, be sure to try it sometime. I relate the two to one another.

sirturtletheknight

I think I might have a sample of a bangdong pu somewhere.. I’ll have to dig it out. I’ve also had the bangdong hong from w2t which I’ve enjoyed a lot

Liquid Proust

We may share a similar like in sheng :) have you had any CLT?

sirturtletheknight

Not yet but I do have a planet jingmai and a sample of 2005 top of the clouds waiting for me as a treat for getting through exams

Please keep things friendly and .

I brew this up almost everyday. It’s extremely reliable and delicious!

Please keep things friendly and .

Nice gold-orange liquer. Bitter with tobacco, piney, and apricot notes, camphor and sugarcane. I enjoy this one a lot and may have to pick up a cake! I could use some more aged/semi aged sheng in my collection and this is a pretty nice one

Flavors: Apricot, Camphor, Pine, Sugarcane, Tobacco

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 5 OZ / 150 ML
Kirkoneill1988

i notice people taste tobacco a lot. i don’t taste that… is this a raw (sheng) puerh? if so do you think it could really be campfire smoke? or bbq smoke?

tperez

This is sheng
The tobacco taste isn’t really smoke, more like smelling pipe tobacco or a case of cigars

Kirkoneill1988

hmm i never really smelled/tasted that before

in tea i mean

Please keep things friendly and .

finishing the last of the Oz I had of this as a sample.

The main thing about this is that about this age of sheng always seems to me like the young leaf has been varnished. I can never get away from that, I dont know why. And this one is a perfect example of a well varnished raw.

Apricots and leather and wood that have all been varnished. Yup. a bit of tobacco is stuck in my mouth too.

A good varnish though, I can taste the original leaf underneath, it hasnt lost the shengy flavour and has a sharp (but rounded) twang, that cuts through & leaves a residue of thick bitterness on my tongue, like the practice swords samurai use in the kurosawa films I have been watching recently.

it is up-front and solid, sour fruity and defo one for people who can take a bit oomph in the taste of their sheng. Not too woody like some aged can taste where thats all you get, piles of sticks and leaves where fruit once was, instead falls into the fruity-sour-bold category.

Not sweet, tangy twangy varnished sheng that is beginning to round itself out a bit.

- thinking about it, stained might be a better description rather than varnished, idk. :D

Flavors: Apricot, Fruity, Leather, Pleasantly Sour, Sour, Stonefruits, Tobacco, Wood

R.F. Hill

Tomorrow’s “Seven Samurai” Sunday. I’ll let you know how that goes! Ha-ha.

Rasseru

Its a great film to relax in front of with some nice tea :)

Backlog

This tea brews up the colour of liquid gold. It’s slightly smokey , very woodsy and no bitterness at all. Also, very sweet.

I enjoyed this tea but it didn’t grab me as something I had to buy. Maybe if I drink it again….

Flavors: Smoke, Sweet, Wood

Please keep things friendly and .

My cousin sadly, was hooked on crack cocaine at one time n his life and he told me it was a high like no other. He said that first hit was why ALL addicts chase from the first time thy try it. I think I just found my crack!

I got my hands on a sample of 2007 White2Tea Repave and was hooked from the first sip of this glorious golden liquid! Campfire, slightly smoky, leather, tobacco…it reminded me SO MUCH of evenings with my grandfather when I was a boy.

So, I liked Shu Pu…but I am in LOVE with this Sheng! THIS is what Im gonna use to set my bar. I am now on the hunt to find one better, but until I do, Ill be ordering a cake from W2T REAL soon!

Flavors: Campfire, Green Wood, Malt, Smoke, Vanilla

0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Sipdown.

Having this at work – which, of course, is real different from doing it in a gaiwan. It’s less smoky this time, which is good. Hoping this will soothe my stomach over the day; about to have my third steep.

Smoky, earthy, but not too overwhelming.