2007 White2Tea Repave

Pu-erh Tea
Smoke, Sweet, Wood, Campfire, Green Wood, Malt, Vanilla, Smooth, Tobacco, Black Currant, Jam, Dark Wood, Sweet, warm grass, Apricot, Dust, Plums, Earth, Rum, Floral, Tangy, Caramel, Citrus, Astringent
Edit tea info Last updated by looseTman

3 Images

From White 2 Tea

Repave was made with aged puer tea material from 2007, which was stored in Menghai for 7 years prior to being pressed in 2014. The soup is already a dark bronze color, sweet and soft. The material is from Hekai.

About White 2 Tea View company

This tea brews up the colour of liquid gold. It’s slightly smokey , very woodsy and no bitterness at all. Also, very sweet.

I enjoyed this tea but it didn’t grab me as something I had to buy. Maybe if I drink it again….

Flavors: Smoke, Sweet, Wood

My cousin sadly, was hooked on crack cocaine at one time n his life and he told me it was a high like no other. He said that first hit was why ALL addicts chase from the first time thy try it. I think I just found my crack!

I got my hands on a sample of 2007 White2Tea Repave and was hooked from the first sip of this glorious golden liquid! Campfire, slightly smoky, leather, tobacco…it reminded me SO MUCH of evenings with my grandfather when I was a boy.

So, I liked Shu Pu…but I am in LOVE with this Sheng! THIS is what Im gonna use to set my bar. I am now on the hunt to find one better, but until I do, Ill be ordering a cake from W2T REAL soon!

Flavors: Campfire, Green Wood, Malt, Smoke, Vanilla

0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Had this late last night – I should have had it earlier in the day because I went to sleep far later than I wanted to.

~6g of dried leaf in my gaiwan, 5 second rinse with 90C water, and successive steeps of ~5s each. The taste and colour were both very consistent from steep to steep. The tea was generally a very nice clear amber colour, and the tea was consistently smoky. No bitterness or astringency.

However, I find that when I drink shengs, I am not a huge fan of smoky flavours. I can see why others here enjoy it, but this tea was lost on me. I prefer apricot/grass/leaf flavours instead.

“Holy shit”
That’s what I’m saying after the 10th steep of this… I’m not saying that because it’s the best, because interestingly I have had better, but because this has to be the highest quality sheng I have ever seen. Of course the 2012 Wild Monk from Mandela is the best sheng I’ve had (that tea stole my heart), but as for quality… this one takes it. The picture on W2T’s website of the steeped leaf is exactly what this is. The leaf is 85% + in tact and it looks wonderful.

The taste is clean with a mild umph to each sip. I think the last 8 years slapped the bitterness right out of this tea as it is smooth. The odd part is that during the first 45 minutes of drinking this tea I was eating a chocolate pie with caramel all over it and this didn’t taste nasty… nor is it sweet, it just seems to be fantastic so it doesn’t matter what accompanies it.

I can safely say that Hekai and I are going to become great friends :)

Liquid Proust

Also: For the quality of this tea, it is cheap to average priced! Under $40 for 200g? That’s crazy.

Now this really makes me want to break into my cake.

Hmm, I have a sample of this. Maybe I should try it out tonight.

Today’s tea! 5g in the 100ml gaiwan, 2 rinses (maybe 10-15sec each) and then steeps of 10, 10, 15, 15, 20, 20, etc… I started with boiling water but am experimenting with letting it cool down a bit since I’m finding this a bit punchy.

This is a really aromatic tea – you get a lot of interesting scents off the gaiwan lid: old books, tobacco, a bit of smoke. The slightly musty, old books flavour is fading as I progress through the steeps, leaving more sweetness, bitterness, maybe a bit of stewed dried fruit. It does have a slightly viscous quality, coating the mouth and throat, and leaving behind quite a bit of that dry astringent feeling. Lower temperature steeps are smoother and sweeter. It feels warm in the stomach, and it’s kind of making me feel both more alert and sleepy at the same time which makes no sense.

This is good, but I’m finding it to have a bit more bitterness/astringency than I really want. Not enough to make me stop drinking it, mind you. ;) I think next time I’ll either steep with cooler water, or much shorter steeping times, or both.

I’m gonna break this down into the first three steepings, I did a quick rinse before the first steep.

First steep 5s: This tea was campfire-y with a smooth/sweet finish, there might be some slight mineral notes in this steep but I’m not entirely sure.

Second steep 10-ish-s: Ok so I fumbled the kettle this time so I’m not sure if it was actually 10 or I went over. Either way, the campfire smokey taste is stronger than ever, but while still pretty smooth there’s a bitter edge near the end. I also am starting to detect some wood taste too.

Third steep 15s: The smell of this steep is the most smokey, but the taste has died down a bit from the second steep. I can taste wood notes much better now, and it’s back to being not-bitter and completely smooth. Also starting to taste a bit of tobacco at this point.

Overall I really enjoy this tea, I liked it decently when I got it and it’s only grown on me over time.

Flavors: Campfire, Smooth, Tobacco, Wood

185 °F / 85 °C 5 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

If there was ever a sheng to finally convert me, it would be this one. This is pretty amazing tea and I ended up drinking a half gallon worth XD It’s a nice amber color and feels very “full” in the mouth. It’s a nice woodsy, sweet brew and smells like a campfire. It’s slightly smoky and all delicious. Hands down the best puerh I’ve had so far.

Flavors: Campfire, Smoke, Sweet, Wood

6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Spent the day with this one – a great selection using fine material from the Hekai tea producing area. Fragrant dry leaves which produce a clear tea soup – dark bronze in color moving toward orange. Thick syrupy mouthfeel with an appealing blend of tobacco, wood, citrus and molasses flavors. This is a rather interesting flavor profile which is noticeably smooth and mellow. All in all this is a great full-bodied, complex sheng and it holds up nicely for many enjoyable infusions. Today I steeped at 195 degrees but I think I’ll push the temperature to 205 degrees when I go back to these leaves tomorrow.

195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 90 ML

I love the Repave. I’m glad it came back.

This morning I am enjoying this sample that I got from a Steepster friend, thank you friend!

At about 10 seconds of steeping time, the first two steeps are pretty strong. It is a potent tea with woodsy flavors, a nice fruitiness and quite a bit of bitterness in the finish. It has a bit of smoky aroma, but not too much smoke in the flavor.

I decided to lower the water temp for steeps #3 and #4 to about 200 f. I feel that the bitter and tobacco notes have taken over this one to the point where I don’t really feel like drinking it. Not sure if it’s just the mood I am in or the tea itself, but I think I will try this again on another day, it’s making my stomach hurt a bit even though I already ate breakfast. Such is the dilemma with sheng… but it seems that overall some of the other tasters enjoyed this more than I did.

A really smooth, lovely, mellow pu-erh. A sweetness that is somewhere between molasses and a buttery caramel. Only a very slight earthiness which I really appreciated.

Really very pleasant and sweet.

Read my full-length review with details about the many infusions here: http://sororiteasisters.com/2015/01/05/2007-white2tea-repave-pu-erh-tea-from-white-two-tea/