2005 Manzhuan Raw Pu'er - Xiangming Factory

Pu-erh Tea
Bitter, Citrus, Floral, Pine, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

• “Breaking this out as the "chairman" indicated her desire for it. I got 8 grams out for the Gaiwan and gave a very quick wash. The sample of this one I have is from the back circle/divet of the...” Read full tasting note
    mrmopar 214 tasting notes
  • “From the reddit 2014 traveling tea box. HOLY HOOTS this pu'er is goooooooooood! Nice thick texture, lots of nectar honey sweet and smooth with a light floral aftertaste that is absolute bliss....” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1075 tasting notes

From White 2 Tea

Manzhuan mountain is near Xiangming, located west of Yiwu. The label reads “Manzhuan Early Spring” and was pressed at Xiangming Longxing factory, near Xikong, in April of 2005. This tea is thick and shows its age. Smooth with only slight astringency in early steeps, the raw puer tea has a floral fragrance and is easy to drink.

About White 2 Tea View company

Breaking this out as the “chairman” indicated her desire for it.
I got 8 grams out for the Gaiwan and gave a very quick wash. The sample of this one I have is from the back circle/divet of the cake. it is probably tightly compressed so it may take a bit to unravel.
I let this one sit a while and then did 3 very quick cover it and pour it into the cup. Ended up about 10 oz. of tea brewed.
This one has a
light color that belies it’s age a bit. light golden and not as bronze as some other cakes
this age.
This one comes up with a little floral. citrusy. bitter and piney on the front third of the tongue. just for a second or two . It disappears quickly and goes slightly sweet on the back end of the tongue. This is light easy to drink albeit I like the kick some others give but in honesty I think as the compression loosens it will give a bit more.
A good tea for bringing someone into the field of puerh.

Flavors: Bitter, Citrus, Floral, Pine, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 8 g 10 OZ / 295 ML
Cwyn

I find that center hole piece is the youngest part of the cake by far.

mrmopar

Yeah this one went 4 days with 9 steeps on the last day before i wore it out. fantastic leaf size in this. Some as long and as wide as my pinkie finger.

From the reddit 2014 traveling tea box.

HOLY HOOTS this pu’er is goooooooooood! Nice thick texture, lots of nectar honey sweet and smooth with a light floral aftertaste that is absolute bliss. swoonswoooooon. Each steeping there’s a peep of astringency adding an accent to the floral aftertaste. Gosh this is smooth.

So, sorry reddit teabox, this one is might be staying with me. Rest assured, I’ll throw in a nice big pu’er sample in return. $79 for a cake? I actually am considering it.

edit: I hit and passed the 1000 tasting notes mark and didn’t even notice.

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

WOOT! grats on over 1000!

mrmopar

Nice send any leftovers my way please.

Stephanie

Wow, that sounds amazing!