Vanilla Dolce

Edit tea info Last updated by Barb

• “Ordered a sample of loose tea and brewed it tonight, added a bit of half and half. No idea what the base tea is (Assam?) but it seemed nicely balanced with the vanilla. I liked this better than...” Read full tasting note
    mamamiau 123 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: What prompted me to add this to my MUST TRY list is the description that promises a double dose of vanilla. I love me some vanilla tea. And this tea delivers. It's sweet and creamy! ...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4641 tasting notes

From White Lion

Premium black tea paired with a double dose of vanilla to create a creamy, luxurious tea that will win you over even before the first sip. It may be vanilla, but it’s anything but plain. (From the website)

About White Lion View company

Ordered a sample of loose tea and brewed it tonight, added a bit of half and half. No idea what the base tea is (Assam?) but it seemed nicely balanced with the vanilla. I liked this better than Harney’s Vanilla Comoro, but in fairness — I had to make do with bags when I tried the Harney’s.

The vanilla scent was quite strong when I popped open the (cute tiny little glass) sample jar. Brewed, it was smooth and not overwhelmingly vanilla, but the vanilla was definitely present and very mellow. I think I’d like this for a weekend breakfast tea as well as an after-dinner treat. I have enough left for 2 more trials with maybe enough after that to add to some Earl Grey as an experiment. I will let you know how it goes. I also have a sample of their Earl Grey with Lavender so things could get pleasantly foggy.

Backlog:

What prompted me to add this to my MUST TRY list is the description that promises a double dose of vanilla. I love me some vanilla tea. And this tea delivers. It’s sweet and creamy!

The black tea base is robust and the natural malty notes of the tea, when combined with the notes of vanilla create an almost caramel-y taste. Decadent! Sinfully yum.

This would be a great breakfast tea, especially if you like having some guilt-free dessert for breakfast. Who wouldn’t want that?

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/08/13/vanilla-dulce-black-tea-from-white-lion/

Mmmmmmmmmmmm