Jasmine Pearls

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by sageeyes

From Whittard of Chelsea

The world’s rarest, most luxurious huge round ‘pearls’ of hand-rolled finest silver tip and bud, five-times flavoured with jasmine blossoms. Brew just 6-8 pearls in a bowl. Be prepared for the intensely heady, breathtaking scent of honeysuckle and jasmine.

Brew Jasmine Pearls using a few (5-8) in a rice bowl. Use boiling water, and watch these beautiful tightly-rolled silver tips unfurl. Don’t waste them! Drink Chinese style – repeatedly topping up with hot water.

About Whittard of Chelsea View company

I have only just got this and don’t have a clue how to brew it, but what I can tell you straight away is that it is a hundred time better than my usual jasmine tea. And I really didn’t think it would be.
I am thoroughly impressed

White tea… I’d try 2.25g of pearls in 6oz of 140-160 degree water for 1-3 min as a starting point.

Is this a white tea? I’ve only ever had Jasmine Pearls with green tea

I used to love this tea, but having it again today – I’m very disappointed. I prepared this the same way as every other time, but the jasmine seems to be overpowering and I can no longer taste the actual tea. I’m bringing down the points a bit because I’m so disappointed with this cup. It’s not really bad, just not very good either.

Second cup a much better than the first. I need to play around with the brew temp and time, as the instructions on the package didn’t yield a taste I like.