Rhubarb & Cream

Edit tea info Last updated by Sil

• “Yes a rhubarb tea! This one has real lumps of rhubarb in it too! Rhubarb & Cream has a real rhubarb flavor that mostly takes like undercooked rhubarb pie filling. I do like the rhubarb tang in...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 932 tasting notes
  • “thankyouthankyou maisonlula for our awesome swap! So far this is definitely my favorite of the bunch, oh my gosh. The flavour is out of this world good! And strong! My boy and I enjoyed it...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “The dry leaf smells a bit sour, but smooth and creamy. The first thing I taste is the tea base. It's just slightly smooth and a little bit astringent. The rhubarb comes out at the end of the sip as...” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 464 tasting notes
  • “This is another one from the big bag of *Sil*! I drank it while I was at work and I forgot to log it. It was good, but like Sil says, it was fairly light. I enjoyed it, but wouldn't rush to grab...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1390 tasting notes

From Whittard of Chelsea

Rhubarb has been grown in Britain since Shakespeare’s time and has become a favourite dessert. It is warm, sweet and comforting and it is perfect served with sweet cream. We are always looking for new flavours, so decided to see how this would work as a tea. It has been a definite success! Malty black tea is a perfect canvas for rhubarb’s slight tartness and the soft sweet flavour of vanilla.

Ceylon and China Black tea, flavouring. Produced in an environment that uses nut ingredients.

About Whittard of Chelsea View company

Yes a rhubarb tea! This one has real lumps of rhubarb in it too!

Rhubarb & Cream has a real rhubarb flavor that mostly takes like undercooked rhubarb pie filling. I do like the rhubarb tang in this tea however wished there was more creamy flavor present.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/rhubarb-cream-tea-whittard-chelsea-oolong-owl-tea-review/

Stephanie

I love rhubarb :)

gmathis

If I’ve ever had it prepared properly, I’ve forgotten. Pretty common at family dinners when I was a kid, right up there with gooseberry pie, and occasionally persimmon.

thankyouthankyou maisonlula for our awesome swap!
So far this is definitely my favorite of the bunch, oh my gosh.

The flavour is out of this world good! And strong!
My boy and I enjoyed it over the Christmas break with some cream and sugar to enhance the cream. The rhubarb is sweet, not tart like when you eat it. More like a sugar dipped rhubarb, my personal favorite.

The tea base is mild and isn’t bitter at all. Very pleasant and awesome quality!

The dry leaf smells a bit sour, but smooth and creamy. The first thing I taste is the tea base. It’s just slightly smooth and a little bit astringent. The rhubarb comes out at the end of the sip as a tart bite. The cream is more present in the scent than in the taste. I am enjoying this cup, but I think that I like the idea and the scent more than the actual taste. I’m expecting more flavor than tea base… but maybe that’s just me. Thank you to maisonlula for a sample of this tea!

This is another one from the big bag of Sil! I drank it while I was at work and I forgot to log it. It was good, but like Sil says, it was fairly light. I enjoyed it, but wouldn’t rush to grab more of it.

sooooo i drank the world tonight. and just when i was about to call it quits, i realised i was at 161. No way i can leave my cupboard at that! Soooo here’s another one haha. This one is another from awkward soul via terri and it’s interesting. After the much richer creamier teas that i had, this one is on the light side. I AM getting rhubarb taste here but different from the rhubarb that stacy used in ruby pie. It’s creamy and the black base in this one isn’t bitter or overpowering. Overall, not a tea that i’m going to be in love with, but still a good cup this evening…

I’ve never eaten rhubarb, but I’ve had a few rhubarb teas now, & from them I can surmise that it is tart & slightly bitter, kind of like cranberries. I drank this tea lightly sweetened, & although it isn’t something I’d ever purchase, it was a decent dessert.
This one came from Awkward Soul, & the remainder goes to….you guessed it! Sil!
Sipdown :)