Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by syrin

From Whittard of Chelsea

Jasmine flowers are picked at dusk when their scent is headiest and then layered with long leaves of fine green tea. Overnight, the tea breathes in their perfume, capturing the petals’ powerful sweetness to give our blend its full yet soft aroma. The result is a tea of beauty and elegance that will captivate your senses.

About Whittard of Chelsea View company

A great taste for a cold, rainy day.

It’s hardly brilliant. I made a pot of it earlier and was happy with it but it doesn’t compare with the pearl jasmine tea I have at the moment. It does have its advantages though… it comes in a bag!

I visited a Whittard of Chelsea store today in Trentham, Stoke On Trent and my mother treated me to a few bits. One of which is a beautiful love heart mug that is larger than your average mug and will be my new best friend. To christen her (I think my mug is a female anyway) I chose this Jasmine green tea that I already had prior to my visit. I also got some other tea samples that I haven’t tried such as Sleepy Time instant tea and Very, Very, Berry blend but also I got a cold tea steeper which I’m looking forward to using. It cost £20 and it looks like a wine bottle, you put the leaves into the glass bottle and clip on a silicone top with built in strainer and after a few hours in the fridge it’s ready. It will be great to take to my craft/cross stitch club.

The tea is light yet very sweet and the Jasmine is smooth. Delicate and soft, very easy to drink. The green tea is also very mild though there is a grassy flavour in the after taste. It’s a little too light for me, next time I will try putting two teabags into my large mug. Oh well, for now it’s pleasant enough.

A bit more astringent than I expected (esp. since the water I steeped it in was extra cool to avoid burning it). The blossoms in the tea are large and pretty. Will try again later to see if maybe I made a steeping error, but so far not blown away.

Chineese Green Tea scented with Jasmine comes in 125g/4oz pack
Loose or enveloped Tea bags.
This Tea tastes malty and has a nice green colour.