Breakfast Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

From Whittard of Chelsea

Earl Grey has become a defining flavor of Britain, distinguished by its fragrant taste. Traditionally an afternoon tea, our customers wanted a version strong enough for breakfast. So we created a fine blend of black tea with malty Assam, crisp Ceylon and mellow Kenyan. It is a vigorous blend with a beautiful, delicate bergamot taste.

About Whittard of Chelsea View company

Liberteas Thanks for this one!
It’s a goodie!
I really like that it has more than one black tea in it’s base. The blend is lovely. The Bergamot isn’t as intense as some others I have tried but it works well here. It’s also a tad lemony. And a bit creamy, even. I can also pick up on the floral notes Liberteas mentioned in the 2nd half of the sip!

Very nice!

Backlog:

Mondays tend to be my craziest day of the week, my husband is usually off on Mondays (sometimes he gets called in), and we seem to always be running, running, running. I don’t have the kind of time I’d like to have to enjoy a pot (several pots!) of tea, so, I usually grab a bagged tea and gulp it down before we start our running. Instead, today, I brewed some of this and poured it in a travel mug and drank it while running around. It was certainly a welcome part of the errands run. Rich and bergamot-y. I like this Earl Grey quite a bit.

Finishing up this sample :D with a toasted tomato sandwich and leftover bunnyday chocolates. I love a good earl grey first thing.

How i got it: Bought it

Experience: The base mix of Ceylon, Assam and Kenyan teas results in a strong, rich, complex taste that i find a bit difficult to describe. Its flavor is very lasting, and goes more on the malty side, but with the characteristic soft bitter notes of the “breakfast” blends. What i’m most grateful for is that the touch of bergamot is not too intense, but just the right amount to complement the tea. This blend surely stands out compared to the regular Earl Grey. Really good.

Would i buy it again? : You can bet. This one is a must-have for me.