Strawberry & Vanilla Rooibos

Fruit Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by meliorate

1 Tasting Note View all

• “And speaking of strawberries and cream teas; here's a new one from Whittards in the revamped range of herbal and fruit infusions. I was expecting this to be strong, bold, fruity and sweet the...” Read full tasting note
    macaronic 82 tasting notes

From Whittard of Chelsea

A sweet, fragrant infusion. Ripe fruit and creamy vanilla flavours combine to celebrate the English summer. A traditional South African drink, Rooibos is made using the leaves of the Redbush plant. An excellent alternative to black tea, it is naturally caffeine free and contains no added sugar or artificial sweeteners. High in antioxidants and smooth in taste, this is the perfect brew to enjoy any time of day.

About Whittard of Chelsea View company

1 Tasting Note

And speaking of strawberries and cream teas; here’s a new one from Whittards in the revamped range of herbal and fruit infusions.

I was expecting this to be strong, bold, fruity and sweet the way the loose Strawberry Rooibos I already have is. Rooibos tends to work well with wholesome red fruit like this, and it was pleasantly sweet, but this time round I think I may have oversteeped it (3~7 minutes on the packet is a little too wide a scope!).

Bizarrely the vanilla was what let down the overall harmony of strawberry and rooibos by making it sickly instead. It tastes artificial and pungent rather than natural and sweet, the way Twinings does it in their strawberry & vanilla rooibos— I even added milk to the brew to try to cancel it out, but no to avail. I think it might even have made the vanilla worse. More than a touch of vanilla, it’s an unfortunate swamping in an otherwise brilliant combination. Well, I gave it a go, but I’ll stick to the non-vanilla version!