Chelsea Garden Loose Tea

Rose Buds, White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Chelsea1886

1 Tasting Note View all

From Whittard of Chelsea

Chelsea Garden Blend Tea evokes the gorgeous scent of a classic English garden bursting with roses and is perfect for drinking outside on a warm summer’s day.

Whittard has drawn on its heritage and expertise to create this unique and exclusive blend. At its base is an exquisitely light and deliciously sweet white tea. Grown exclusively in China for centuries, white tea is only now beginning to be shared with the world. It takes its name from the downy white hairs on the tea buds and is one of the purest forms of tea available. It is made from the youngest buds and softest leaves, which are left to dry naturally in the clean mountain air.

Chelsea Garden Tea combines white tea, rosebuds and rose flavouring to create a fragrant and delicate blend that offers a healthy but indulgent experience for any tea lover.

About Whittard of Chelsea View company

1 Tasting Note

This is another generous sample given to me by Whittard of Chelsea. You guys rock!

As is my habit with drinking white teas, I gave this a low temp and short steep. The scent made me think of berries, but there are no berries or berry flavorings. Hmm. Oh well!

Even with a 30 second steep, this came out dark-ish for a white tea. It was enjoyable, rosey without being overly floral. Thank goodness, because florals are not my thing. Too often teas with rose in them taste like perfume or shampoo, but that is not the case here. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a good rose tea, because it is definitely that. I can’t wait to try this cold brewed.

That all said, rose teas are not my bag. It won’t be hard to drink this one down, because it is refreshing, but I won’t feel the need to restock.