Edit tea info Last updated by lahochstetler

From Whittard of Chelsea

Mango flavoured tea has been a top seller for ages, since it was one of the first ‘modern scented exotic’ teas introduced by Whittard in the late 1970’s. This super smooth tea with exotic fruity mango pieces should be lightly brewed.

About Whittard of Chelsea View company

Smell: Fruity but very earthy too
Colour: Medium brown with hints of gold around the edge

My first few sips noted a sweetness that was rather surprising and was followed by a fruity after taste. The black tea is slightly bitter but the sweetness from the mango makes it not as noticeable and there is also a fairly strong earthy taste. The black tea becomes stronger the more you drink and the mango/fruit taste is mostly in the after taste.

I hope this make sense but the earthiness tastes like something you would smell on a farm. It’s strong and thick but not too bad.

Overall it’s not a strong mango flavour which I find a shame but if you want a strong earthy yet sweet black tea then this is worth a try.

The first time I brew it,it’s more like osmanthus and cream and sth else,surprising to me ’cause my family used to make our own osmanthus sugar with its tiny fresh petals ,and we wait for a long time to make them perfect for desserts and beverages.So I tried using some homemade osmanthus sugar to add the flavour,and turns out very good——creamy、princess-like (?)、ripe and sweet mango ,a perfect afternoon tea or a cheer up for the day.

Very sweet but I don’t think it tastes very natural. Very forgiving though – I steeped this for ages by accident and it didn’t get bitter or lose any of its sweetness.

This is a good fruity black tea, but it is not the most flavorful that Whittard offers. Sometimes it’s difficult to taste the mango, and it’s just not as lush as some of the others.