Imperial Earl Grey (Signature Collection)

Bergamot, Ceylon Black Tea, Cornflower Petals
Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop
Boiling 6 min, 45 sec 2 g 8 oz / 236 ml

• “So once again I find the Wissotzky Signature Collection Imperial Earl Grey to be better than the competition. In today's steep-off that was Mighty Leaf Organic Earl Grey. The Wissotzky is much...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 898 tasting notes

From Wissotzky Tea

Perfecting tea blending for over 160 years, this is our classic take on a British legend. A noble blend of our superior quality black teas perfectly infused with the light, balanced fragrance of alluring bergamot oil.
Ingredients: Selected Ceylon Tea, Cornflower & Bergamot Flavour

Directions: Pour freshly boiled water over the teabag, leave the tea tag out and allow to brew for 3-5 minutes or until the beverage reaches desired strength. Add milk, sugar or sweetener as desired.

Delicious served with milk

Delicious served with lemon

Store in an airtight container in a dry place

Contains 16 tea bags, 2.5g each, 40g total

About Wissotzky Tea View company

So once again I find the Wissotzky Signature Collection Imperial Earl Grey to be better than the competition. In today’s steep-off that was Mighty Leaf Organic Earl Grey.

The Wissotzky is much smoother, can be imbibed without cream (though I doused it anyway, to drink alongside the MIghty Leaf), and overall I was reaching for this glass and emptied it long before the Mighty Leaf. What further proof need there be?

A factor which some would find irrelevant, but which has aesthetic significance for me is that the Mighty Leaf sachets, which are simple rectangular sacks, look droopy and depressed, while the Wissotzky tetrahedrons (often referred to as “pyramids”, but they are really tetrahedrons, it seems to me…) are much more attractive and convey a polished image. Does the shape of the sachet affect the final brew? It might, I suppose, if the surface area of a tetrahedron offers better infusion of the tea. Not sure whether that is true, but I do very much prefer the appearance of the tetrahedrons!

Boiling 8 min or more 2 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
Marzipan

The pyramids seem to have leaves that are more whole, in my experience, and they expand a lot. Regular tea bags don’t seem to.

sherapop

Marzipan: the Mighty Leaf sachets are also made of that same material, but they are in the shape of a filter bag. So they are sort of a hybrid: the sachet concept but the filter bag shape. Their innovation is to stitch the bags with what looks like cotton thread. That adds a “special” look, which may or may not be appealing to consumers. Not sure that it has any significance for the brew…