Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Wissotzky Tea

This is a blend of the choicest black tea perfumed with the fragrance of Bergamot. The Bergamot is a citrus fruit and from its peel an aromatic oil is produced which provides the marvelous taste and aroma of Earl Grey Tea. The tea is named after the British Earl Charles Grey who was the first person to mix this tea.

About Wissotzky Tea View company

I’m a big fan of Earl Grey tea. The fruity bergamot flavor is a terrific complement to both black and green teas. This particular Earl Grey black tea by Wissotzky seems to be hiding both the tea and bergamot flavors under a bushel. I am doubtful that I would have pinpointed the presence of bergamot if I hadn’t first read the list of ingredients on the package. It isn’t just the low level of bergamot that is disappointing here. I also struggled to cull any identifiable tea flavor at all. The flavor that is present is not bad, there just isn’t enough of it.

ssajami

Just out of curiosity, where are you getting Wissotzky tea? Are you in Israel?

Stoo

I am in the United States. I bought this tea through QVC.com (http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.M20301.desc.Wissotzky-Tea-Serving-Box-with-80-Assorted-Teas) as part of an 80-assorted-tea gift box. It was a great deal! In this day and age, if you can’t find what you’re looking for in your local store, chances are you can get it on-line. Thank you for your question. Happy sipping!

ssajami

Oh, I’m not looking to purchase their teas. I’m in Israel and Wissotzky is our biggest tea manufacturer, and sold just about everywhere here.

I was just surprised to see a review of their teas as I didn’t know they sold Wissozky in the US.

I received a sample of this from KiwiDelight. Thank you!

The reviews of this tea were not that great, and I have to be honest I also wasn’t a huge fan. The base was very light and did not support the off tasting bergamot. I am grateful for the chance to try another EG, bu this one wasn’t my favorite.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Not a bad tea. Not a good tea either. A terrible example of Earl Grey, more like English Breakfast.