Pear Green tea (Organic)

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Sil

• “had a cup of this to work on getting through some of my smaller amounts of tea. An enjoyable cup of pear tea, though nothing to knock your socks off and write home about :)” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4821 tasting notes
  • “A mystery tea from *Sil*! It is at least in the database, but otherwise mysterious as it has no tasting notes, nor can I find anything about the company online. But the leaf is interesting because...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1931 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Sil* for sharing this with me! A really pretty tea, with pieces of what looks like pear and some orangish flower petals and other small flowers inside. Brewed up, it smells like...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1114 tasting notes

From World of Tea

Organic green tea, green rooibos, Apple bits, marigold petals, natural flavours

1.5-2 tsp steep for 2 mins
85 degree water, multiple infusions

About World of Tea View company

Lala

Did you ever find the perfect pear tea?

Kamyria

I have never had a pear tea… Something I definitely have to try because I love pears. :)

Lala…not yet but i’ve had a number of delicious ones. This one is pretty tasty…and i think it was upton’s? that i liked…or maybe it was steeped and infused. something like that. heh but perfect? not yet :)

1931 tasting notes

A mystery tea from Sil! It is at least in the database, but otherwise mysterious as it has no tasting notes, nor can I find anything about the company online. But the leaf is interesting because it looks like pretty nice tea leaves with nice chunks of dried pear.

Steeped, it smells nicely juicy with a hint of slight fakeness. I consider pear to be a difficult fruit to get right, and honestly I have to say my expectations are usually pretty low when it comes to random fruit-flavored greens. Green tea has become a difficult to get right when it comes to flavoring for me. The usual sencha base has become not to my taste, and fruit flavoring can so easily taste fake with it, moreso than with black tea I think.

I have to say that this is pretty ok. Yes, cheap sencha base, but the pear is relatively authentic. There is a hint of generic-fruity-flavored-green-tea to it, the kind of thing that pops up commonly in wholesale blends, but it’s decently tasty. I know, I’m very effusive about this tea. I will definitely be cold brewing the rest of it, because cold brewing is often my favorite way to drink flavored green teas!

It’s from a store in Ottawa. I added it to the database, have shared a bit but haven’t tried it yet. Mostly just been trying to find a good pear tea someday heh

Dinosara

I figured as much!

Anna

I’m curious how you’d feel about Le Palais des Thés (green) pear tea.

Dinosara

Hmm, I dunno! I had a pear tea from Butiki long ago (they no longer blend it) that I liked, but most other pear teas have fallen short for me.

Anna

Oooh, Butiki. Well, that sounds like a holy grail for sure. One of my competition submissions was a pear tea! I really long for a good one.

Thanks to Sil for sharing this with me!

A really pretty tea, with pieces of what looks like pear and some orangish flower petals and other small flowers inside. Brewed up, it smells like pear, and has the taste of a very ripe pear… it reminds me of pear-picking on Salt Spring Island at the yoga centre, where we took oodles of pears, peeled them, and made pear-sauce out of half of them, juicing the rest in this huge hand-cranked contraption bolted to the back of a truck. Anyway. This reminds me of those pears – almost overripe, and very juicy.

I have to say that I wihs there was a better base here though, as I think this tea could really shine with something crisper.