2004 Xiaguan Te Ji (Premium Grade) Raw Pu-erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by argus

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Wet leaves are showing heavy aromas of smoke and tobacco and that transfers to the tea itself. Still slightly bitter but really heavy on smoke and tobacco. I find it, ultimately, a onedimensional...” Read full tasting note
    argus 19 tasting notes

From Xiaguan Tea Factory

Menghai is famous for Beeng Cha, and Xiaguan is famous for Tuocha, they are the most famous tea plantation area in Yunnan. Xiaguan Te Ji Tuocha was recognized as one of the finest Green Tuocha in the world. The tea has a very refreshingly sweet aftertaste, it may be drunk immediately or put away for further aging.

About Xiaguan Tea Factory View company

1 Tasting Note

Wet leaves are showing heavy aromas of smoke and tobacco and that transfers to the tea itself. Still slightly bitter but really heavy on smoke and tobacco. I find it, ultimately, a onedimensional tea without much complexity. It has a stong ‘huigan’ but accompanied with dryness in your mouth.
After 8 infusions the flavour profile doesn’t change at all and starts to become slightly boring.
I cannot see myself drinking this tea regularly cause of its signature Xiaguan smoke and simpleness. I like my teas lively and complex even if they are more bitter. I tasted the ’09 version of this tea and liked it a bit more, go figure!