2005 Xiaguan Jia Ji (1st Grade) Pu-erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by DigniTea

3 Images

From Xiaguan Tuocha Co. Ltd.

2005 Xiaguan Jia Ji Raw 100g
This is a high quality green pu-erh tuocha. “Jiaji” Tuo, classic recipe from Xia guan. A pungent “chaqi” with a good thick mouthfeel and strong “huigan”. Good potential for further aging! The color of the tea liquid is orange, very smooth and delightful to drink.

The tuocha won the Silver Award for State Excellent Quality in 1981, 1985 and 1990. In 1989 it was approved as a nationwide famous tea and given the Title of the First Famous Tea Products by the state and province.

About Xiaguan Tuocha Co. Ltd. View company

not as great as the iron cakes i have had lately, but fun enough :) !

Charles Thomas Draper

I got a ’97 version of this which is superb

I got this tea at a grocery store in Chinatown for only a few dollars. I was told that elderly people like it, but I had no idea that it was pu-erh. It was hard as rock and sat forever in my cupboard, having eluded all my efforts to break it apart. One day, I decided to deal with it once and for all. I took it into the basement and struck it variously with a hammer and an axe. Chunks bounced off the walls. I reduced it to manageable pieces that I collected in a jar without losing too much. I began to drink it assiduously. It turned out to have a rich body and a good flavour, rather earthy in character, but in no manner musty. It suffers only in its impossible packaging, for which I docked 5 points.

I’m no sheng expert, but this one’s good. Slightly off yellow toward orange, so it definitely has matured a bit in 4 years. It definitely doesn’t have quite the bite of the few younger sheng I’ve drank.

Prepared gongfu style – about 6g of leaf in a 5.75 oz Yixing pot. One 10s rinse and rest, then steeps at around 15s for the first few and gradually increased.