Apple Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by KallieBoo!

• “I just wanted everyone to know that there is still time to follow/comment to win on my site! http://blissfulyogajourney.blogspot.com/2013/03/fearless-friday.html I will be choosing a winner...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I bought this because I was stuck at work with no decent tea and I was sort of desperate. It's not convenient for me to prepare looseleaf at work and I have very few teabags at home. So I got...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 518 tasting notes
  • “Apple Green Tea – Yamamotoyama – 2/6/14 4 minutes, 175 degrees. I also forgot I was steeping this. I’ve been scatterbrained today with trying to get all of this work done but also drink my teas. ...” Read full tasting note
    Starfevre 556 tasting notes
  • “This tea looks so pretty! Green tea with rose petals and apple pieces. Well it smells exactly like a green apple jolly rancher and made my mouth water. The cool thing about this tea is you can...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 794 tasting notes

From Yamamotoyama

Savor the artful blending of premium Sencha green tea with crisp, sweet apple flavor and aroma as you sip this tea. Subtle flower notes of rose petals are also present, further enriching the the experience.
A beautiful tea for day-long enjoyment, each cup is filled with delicate nuances of flavor.

About Yamamotoyama View company

I will be choosing a winner tomorrow!

As far as this tea goes…it smells very sweet-puckery green apple! Crisp, juicy, tart!

The flavor is much of the same! The Sencha is savory yet subtle ‘green’ tasting. The flavor steps on top of it. Sweet-puckery-green apple.

Would be even better iced, but not bad hot, especially for a bagged sencha!

I bought this because I was stuck at work with no decent tea and I was sort of desperate. It’s not convenient for me to prepare looseleaf at work and I have very few teabags at home. So I got this at a nearby Korean market.

The sachet is really pretty. Dark green tea leaves, pink rose petals, and little white bits of apple. Brewed, the tea does, indeed, smell and tasty apply. It’s reminds me of red delicious apples-floral and likable. The tea base is pretty good despite being cut up. I would say the base doesn’t match the flavor too well though. Tea is a bit vegetal and earthy for the delicate apple flavor. Lots of little leaf bits escape the sachet, which is fine by me. I love the look of the leaves even as they steep. You can see the colors in layers because of their density. Leaves on the bottom, petals in the middle, apple bits on top.

Overall, a nice tea. I get about 3 steeps out of each bag, though I use a smallish mug. I even get a little buzz from it. It costs a bit much, but I was lured in by a new flavor. Next time, I’ll stick with a classic genmaicha.

Apple Green Tea – Yamamotoyama – 2/6/14
4 minutes, 175 degrees.

The dry smell from the opened package is very very apple. Nice bright and crisp and a little reminiscent of apple candies. Steeped the apple candy smell is a bit stronger and when I sip without sugar added, the tea is mostly green tea but at the end of the sip there is a little nip of the apple flavour that can’t be missed.

Sweetened, this tastes exactly like a liquid apple jolly rancher. So very very similar. It took me a bit to figure out what I was tasting since I haven’t had a jolly rancher of any flavour except the red kind in a long time but it is definitely apple candy I’m tasting, not really true apple. That doesn’t mean it’s unpleasant by any means, I like it, but if anyone is looking for an apple tea that tastes like actual apples, this one isn’t it.

Coordination sheet Critical is ready for first signing! Now I need to do all of the stupid text attachments. Coordination sheet Less Critical just got the work amount doubled so I now need to do that. Stupid being inquisitive and asking if their request was complete or if they needed THIS piece over HERE too.

TTBB #11

This tea looks so pretty! Green tea with rose petals and apple pieces. Well it smells exactly like a green apple jolly rancher and made my mouth water. The cool thing about this tea is you can still taste the green tea along with the apple. I think I’d actually be comfortable with saying the green tea is the dominate flavor. The sour apple is pretty subtle along with the rose. No icky fake flavor or after taste. All the flavors of this tea blend SO well together. Quite possibly one of my new favorites :)