Jasmine Tea Pearls Mo Li Hua

Green Tea
Jasmine, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “Backlog: A really wonderful Jasmine pearl, one of the best Jasmine Pearl teas that I've tried. Very aromatic, but without tasting perfume-y. Delicious, exotic, and soothing. No sharpness...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4322 tasting notes
  • “Oh my goodness. I don't typically like jasmine teas but this isn't overly floral. Thank you, *Tea Pet*, for the sample. You've changed my stance on jasmine teas!” Read full tasting note
    ajkiv2411 52 tasting notes
  • “While I do not like getting up early, it does give me the opportunity to drink more (caffeinated) tea. Hooray for silver linings! Anyway, I'm starting off the day with this sample from Yezi Tea....” Read full tasting note
    jennkay19 420 tasting notes
  • “Quite easily the best jasmine tea I've had! There is no astringency whatsoever and the jasmine is so floral and smooth. This is one of three samples I requested from Yezi. I didn't know what to...” Read full tasting note
    Kissadilla 51 tasting notes

From Yezi Tea

This exquisite green tea is harvested in the city of Fuzhou in the famed Fujian province of China. Mo Li Hua is sold as a mix of carefully oxidized green-tea leaves and fragrant jasmine flowers.

About Yezi Tea View company

Backlog:

A really wonderful Jasmine pearl, one of the best Jasmine Pearl teas that I’ve tried. Very aromatic, but without tasting perfume-y. Delicious, exotic, and soothing.

No sharpness from the tea or the jasmine, just a soft, luxurious flavor. Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/09/12/jasmine-pearls-mo-li-hua-green-tea-from-yezi-tea/

Oh my goodness. I don’t typically like jasmine teas but this isn’t overly floral. Thank you, Tea Pet, for the sample. You’ve changed my stance on jasmine teas!

175 °F / 79 °C
Tea Pet

Yay! I’m glad that you liked it!

While I do not like getting up early, it does give me the opportunity to drink more (caffeinated) tea. Hooray for silver linings! Anyway, I’m starting off the day with this sample from Yezi Tea. When I opened the packet, I could immediately smell the jasmine. The tea was a nice cup of jasmine green tea. Very fragrant with a clean taste. I have to say, though, it left the back of my throat pretty dry, which was a bit hard to get over. I don’t believe I will be ordering more of this, but if you really love jasmine teas, then this is worth checking out.

Quite easily the best jasmine tea I’ve had! There is no astringency whatsoever and the jasmine is so floral and smooth. This is one of three samples I requested from Yezi. I didn’t know what to expect but I’m quite pleased. The packaging is very cute yet simplistic, and I enjoyed the little hand written note and happy face from the owner. :) Thank you!

I am brand new to loose leaf tea and this was my first cup. I’m sure part of the joy came from the novelty of brewing without a bag, but I really enjoyed this tea. I love the smell of jasmine and this tea was sweet with it, even after several steepings. I spent a lot of time with my nose over my tea cup. The taste was sweet and smooth, and I look forward to trying it again after I’ve had a bit more experience.

This is the second tea that I got as a free sample from Yezi Tea (yay free samples!). The smell of the dry leaf is amazing, floral and sweet. Let me just say, I am rather confused as to what exactly is meant when the word “teaspoon” is used in tea jargon. Does it mean a teaspoon measuring spoon or a teaspoon as in a flatware teaspoon…? If anyone could help me out on this with a comment, I would appreciate it. So when I brewed this tea, I basically said “screw it” and used the whole five gram sample. Since this is a fairly dense tea, I would say it would have been a slightly heaping flatware teaspoon.

That being said, I thought the strength of the brew was perfect. The jasmine aroma and flavor is quite strong, but I could still taste the delicate green tea flavor underneath. I’m not sure what type of green tea it is or whether jasmine pearls count as their own type. Either way, I really enjoyed its flavor – slightly sweet and light with no bitterness and very little astringency. I took it with a very small amount of sugar.

Thanks, Yezi Tea, for the free loot!

Flavors: Jasmine, Sweet

caile

I think it means measuring spoon, but it is sometimes hard to measure fluffier teas this way which is why some people weigh the amounts to be more accurate. I’m usually not that precise when measuring though. The heaping teaspoon/5 gram sample sounds like you used the perfect amount, especially since it tasted good which is what is most important. :-)

Cameron B.

I’ve seen that a lot of tea retailers sell a tea measuring spoon that’s supposed to be the correct amount for a cup. I should probably grab one of those just to have a roundabout idea of how much I’m supposed to use. :P

Thanks for your response!

Nicole

I always assume a measuring teaspoon as well. And 5 grams is about a teaspoon. :) Like caile, I don’t weigh either. All that matters is that you like the outcome. But yeah, for the first couple times with a particular tea, it’s generally a good idea to try to measure close to the vendor recommendation, IMO. Gives you a good idea of where you might need to go with your personal preference for the tea for the next cup. :)

boychik

I got scale because some leaves are just impossible to measure