Qing Pin

Baked Bread, Honey, Malt, Autumn Leaf Pile, Green Beans, Loam
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “oh man.. another delicious tea for the morning but now the mail is here and i'm like OMG! what do i drink first!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! so glad that once this little batch from tastybrew is all...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4726 tasting notes
  • “I took advantage of Yezi Tea's free samples and ordered 3 samples of black teas. This was not one of the teas I chose but was one I really wanted to try. Luckily, Yezi teas is super generous,...” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 361 tasting notes
  • “Finally getting around to trying one of the samples that I ordered from Yezi Tea! Of course whenever people start raving about a Chinese black tea on Steepster, I know I need to try it, especially...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1915 tasting notes
  • “I had a lovely visit with my friend last night, went for an excellent dinner, watched Disney movies and caught up on life :) I gave her a bunch of my teas to try and also helped her make a...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 888 tasting notes

From Yezi Tea

Yezi’s Qing Pin tea is locally sourced from farmer Huang Jian, whose family has been involved in growing tea at Nanhu, one of China’s most famed tea growing regions, for the last 250 years. Qing Pin in Chinese means bold personality, which is apt for this famed Nanhu Mountain tea. Qing Pin tea leaves produce a bold, dark, burgundy-colored beverage. The flavor has pronounced notes of peach and pear with distinctive smoky notes that neatly balance the natural sweetness of the tea.

Tea amount: 5-6 grams or 4 tsp. of tea
Water amount: 1 gram of tea / 50-60ml of water or 1 tsp. of tea / 3 oz. of water
Water Temperature: 95-100 °C or 203-212 °F
First brew: 15 seconds
Subsequent brews: 10 seconds

About Yezi Tea View company

Thank you Sil for the opportunity to try this tea. It is one I was really interested in after Jin Pin inspired me to explore Yezi’s site and try new blacks. Compared to Jin Pin, this is a much more smooth and mild tea. There is only a hint of malt but there is a fair bit of nice bready notes and honey. The sip ends with a touch of astringency but not enough to detract from the drinking experience. I am liking it a lot and I am happy I have more but in the future, I think I would prefer to order more of Jin Pin than get smaller amounts of both.

did i give you others from yezi? if not, remind me…you might like one of the other ones too

VariaTEA

I don’t believe so there are a lot of teas there so perhaps one was hiding.

no, no worries i’ll make a mental note that hopefully won’t get lost to set aside the others, that way you can at least try them before your next order :)

From the Nanhu Mountains, China
Dry leaves are tiny twisted black brown with a few golden ones mixed in. They have a malty scent.
I brewed this Western style.
Wet leaves smell like baked dark pumpernickel bread.
Liquor is a deep amber red with scents of spring water, malt, and honey.
Flavor is smooth, well balanced with notes of the pumpernickel bread, malt, honey. Very good red tea!! I have enjoyed all the teas I have tried from Yezi Tea.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Honey, Malt

I ordered this as one of my three free samples and I’ve got to say, I’m impressed. I love the rich loamy, malty flavor of this. It has good body to it as well and a deep amber color to the broth that I absolutely adore. I will definitely be ordering a full size of this!

I did not notice any peach or smoke flavors to this as in the description. The first infusion reminded me of green beans and autumn leaves, the second was loam and malt, the third was loam and honey. Perhaps the fourth infusion will have peach?

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Green Beans, Honey, Loam, Malt